Montpellier away 23/10

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby brotheroffrank » October 19th, 2016, 8:37 am

I am not going to be at the match but will there be a rendition of "The Field's " as a tribute to Anthony Foley? .....word is that some of the other supporters clubs are planning such a gesture.
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 52
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 19th, 2016, 6:48 pm

There'll be a minute of silence or applause before the match, according to the ERCC.
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 20th, 2016, 4:50 pm

For those coming sathurday, as I already wrote, we can share a beer in a pub in the center of Montpellier.
Does one of you have ideas of a special pub ? As long as I go to Montp', I've never been in one of these :oops:
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby johng » October 20th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Alex_MHR34 wrote:For those coming sathurday, as I already wrote, we can share a beer in a pub in the center of Montpellier.
Does one of you have ideas of a special pub ? As long as I go to Montp', I've never been in one of these :oops:

Last time we were in Trin Duc's bar with most of the team. Does he still own it?
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16545
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 20th, 2016, 8:23 pm

johng wrote:
Alex_MHR34 wrote:For those coming sathurday, as I already wrote, we can share a beer in a pub in the center of Montpellier.
Does one of you have ideas of a special pub ? As long as I go to Montp', I've never been in one of these :oops:

Last time we were in Trin Duc's bar with most of the team. Does he still own it?



Yes, even if he leaves Montpellier, he still own the "Chistera". It's a really cool place
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby johng » October 20th, 2016, 10:01 pm

ok. See you there for a vin rouge on Sunday so.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16545
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 20th, 2016, 10:27 pm

johng wrote:ok. See you there for a vin rouge on Sunday so.



I'll be there sathurday evening. Make yourself know I'll buy you a drink
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Blue not red blood » October 20th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Could be like the Life of Brian
I am Brian
User avatar
Blue not red blood
Enlightened
 
Posts: 929
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby johng » October 20th, 2016, 10:44 pm

I'll be the guy in the Leinster jersey
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16545
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 21st, 2016, 6:39 am

johng wrote:I'll be the guy in the Leinster jersey

:mrgreen: :green clap: Thanks for that Help :lol:
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Cianostays » October 21st, 2016, 7:36 am

brotheroffrank wrote:I am not going to be at the match but will there be a rendition of "The Field's " as a tribute to Anthony Foley? .....word is that some of the other supporters clubs are planning such a gesture.


I was having a think about this and I think we could do something like this before the Connacht game next week? It'll give more people a chance to pay their respects as both of us are away from home this weekend.

As for Sunday, maybe a group of us could gather in the Place Comedie or somewhere outside the Stadium and do it there? Thoughts?
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby domhnallj » October 21st, 2016, 8:18 am

Alex_MHR34 wrote:
johng wrote:I'll be the guy in the Leinster jersey

:mrgreen: :green clap: Thanks for that Help :lol:


Look at one of these vidoes - he's the guy on the right (called John).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18545&start=940
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 21st, 2016, 9:50 am

domhnallj wrote:
Alex_MHR34 wrote:
johng wrote:I'll be the guy in the Leinster jersey

:mrgreen: :green clap: Thanks for that Help :lol:


Look at one of these vidoes - he's the guy on the right (called John).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18545&start=940


The one with kind of blond hair ?
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby domhnallj » October 21st, 2016, 10:37 am

Alex_MHR34 wrote:The one with kind of blond hair ?


In the 70's maybe :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Alex_MHR34 » October 21st, 2016, 10:58 am

domhnallj wrote:
Alex_MHR34 wrote:The one with kind of blond hair ?


In the 70's maybe :D


Hahaha time goes by so quickly :D
ICI... ICI... C'EST MONTPELLIER !!
Alex_MHR34
Beginner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 10:10 am
Location: Lyon - Montpellier

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby brotheroffrank » October 21st, 2016, 12:03 pm

Cianostays wrote:
brotheroffrank wrote:I am not going to be at the match but will there be a rendition of "The Field's " as a tribute to Anthony Foley? .....word is that some of the other supporters clubs are planning such a gesture.


I was having a think about this and I think we could do something like this before the Connacht game next week? It'll give more people a chance to pay their respects as both of us are away from home this weekend.

As for Sunday, maybe a group of us could gather in the Place Comedie or somewhere outside the Stadium and do it there? Thoughts?


Good thinking - I think it important to pay respects on Sunday, inside or outside the stadium - ( Clermont are planning a tribute at an all French game and Anthony Foley was an Irish player! ) it will be fitting for fans of both provinces next week to pay tribute as well. At times like this Rugby is one community.
User avatar
brotheroffrank
Learner
 
Posts: 52
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Peg Leg » October 21st, 2016, 1:17 pm

domhnallj wrote:
Alex_MHR34 wrote:The one with kind of blond hair ?


In the 70's maybe :D

A ringer for Eddie Vedder I tells ya
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7881
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby DartVader » October 23rd, 2016, 9:05 am

Hi.
Driving in from Nice this morning, does anyone know of parking fairly central? (name of street) beer first then tram to stadium.
Suggestions (helpful ones :wink: ) appreciated.
Thanks.
Eoin.
User avatar
DartVader
Bookworm
 
Posts: 162
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 1:38 am

Re: Montpellier away 23/10

Postby Blue not red blood » October 24th, 2016, 2:44 pm

The captaincy of Isa this season has seen a marked recognition of supporters in the RDS.
I thought it was a great gesture yesterday as he brought the entire squad around the stadium where there was Leinster support.
While there were only a few hundred present we were scattered around the ground, but still made ourselv s heard.
Nice touch Isa .
User avatar
Blue not red blood
Enlightened
 
Posts: 929
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Previous

Return to On The Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests