Coming from USA for match vs. Ulster. Is RDS OK for kids?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Coming from USA for match vs. Ulster. Is RDS OK for kids

Post by Donny B. »

cvd6262, with respect, if you and your family wish to attend this particular event on the terrace, I'm more than happy to offer my "protection".

Any by "protection" I mean doing absolutely nothing as nothing is required!!! :D :lol:

Your kids will love the day and if they're reared in the USA there's no way they'll even recognise the occasional swear words from the Leinster fans and even more so from our Ulster Brethern!

You'll have a great time!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Donny B. wrote:cvd6262, with respect, if you and your family wish to attend this particular event on the terrace, I'm more than happy to offer my "protection".

Any by "protection" I mean doing absolutely nothing as nothing is required!!! :D :lol:

Your kids will love the day and if they're reared in the USA there's no way they'll even recognise the occasional swear words from the Leinster fans and even more so from our Ulster Brethern!

And you will steal his beer and the kids sweets
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

rooster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:cvd6262, with respect, if you and your family wish to attend this particular event on the terrace, I'm more than happy to offer my "protection".

He just steals your beer and sweets - you shouldn't be in the terrace :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

rooster wrote:

I'll actually be far too respectable to steal my usual quota of beer and sweets, as I'll be on a break from a wedding, but yes normally the beer and sweets would be mine, all mine!!!!
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

Donny B. wrote:
rooster wrote:

I'll actually be far too respectable to steal my usual quota of beer and sweets, as I'll be on a break from a wedding, but yes normally the beer and sweets would be mine, all mine!!!!
My wife gives me a break from a wedding occasionally, it generally involves sleeping on the couch not going to sports events
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Don't forget to look out for cvd6262 and his gang. Should not be too difficult to spot.
Back-packs, good teeth.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
cvd6262
Beginner

Post by cvd6262 »

We just flew home late last night, and I'm finally caught up enough to drop you a thank-you note.

My family really enjoyed the game. The crowd was great and friendly, and we had no problems taking the bus to and from RDS. We were in Block N, so just past the try line, but that worked out because most of the action was down there in both halves. (That set-piece off the line out was a thing of beauty.) My sons all brought home Leinster gear (one refuses to remove his blue cap, and was worried when he had to put it through the x-ray machine at the airport).

One thing I really appreciated was how respectful the home crowd and the visitors were to each other. That's something we rarely see in the US, and it's something we sure could learn from you.

So, thanks again for answering my stupid questions. The match was one of the highlights of our vacation in Ireland.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Oh am glad to hear that, was wondering how you got on. Happy New Year to you and your Leinster supporters
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

cvd6262 wrote:We just flew home late last night, and I'm finally caught up enough to drop you a thank-you note.

My family really enjoyed the game. The crowd was great and friendly, and we had no problems taking the bus to and from RDS. We were in Block N, so just past the try line, but that worked out because most of the action was down there in both halves. (That set-piece off the line out was a thing of beauty.) My sons all brought home Leinster gear (one refuses to remove his blue cap, and was worried when he had to put it through the x-ray machine at the airport).

One thing I really appreciated was how respectful the home crowd and the visitors were to each other. That's something we rarely see in the US, and it's something we sure could learn from you.

So, thanks again for answering my stupid questions. The match was one of the highlights of our vacation in Ireland.
Grand job, glad you had a good time. I was in block N with the young lad. He had just as much interest in the chipper van at half time as the match, but hey I got to go bring my young lad to the match so pretty much a win win :)