Lansdowne Rd to Airport

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Lansdowne Rd to Airport

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 3rd, 2017, 10:03 pm

Dublin is such a dump. Is there really no train to the airport yet?

How long should it take to get from Lansdowne Rd to the Airport do you think? Game's at 3.15 on a Saturday. Will I catch 7.20 flight or will I have to wait for 8.30?

Cheers!
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Re: Lansdowne Rd to Airport

Postby The Doc » April 3rd, 2017, 10:30 pm

Cor. Ind. wrote:Dublin is such a dump. Is there really no train to the airport yet?

How long should it take to get from Lansdowne Rd to the Airport do you think? Game's at 3.15 on a Saturday. Will I catch 7.20 flight or will I have to wait for 8.30?

Cheers!

Thank you for your constructive review.

If you stay in your seat at the end of the game, the personal attendant will come around taking names for the complimentary scenic chauffeur drive to the airport... Just need to wait till the crowds die down so stay in the seat and they come around about 20 mins after
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Oldschoolsocks » April 3rd, 2017, 10:30 pm

Cor. Ind. wrote:Dublin is such a dump. Is there really no train to the airport yet?

Cheers!

Do you plan on walking or hitching?
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet

Postby Cor. Ind. » April 3rd, 2017, 10:48 pm

Oldschoolsocks wrote:

Cheers!

I've gone with the 8.30. More relaxing. Can't believe that green train by the station still doesn't go to either Cork or the Airport.

No wonder all the Uk banks & insurers are choosing the Benelux for passporting
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Postby paddyor » April 3rd, 2017, 11:21 pm

Cor. Ind. wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

Cheers!

I've gone with the 8.30. More relaxing. Can't believe that green train by the station still doesn't go to either Cork or the Airport.

Yeah public transport to the.airport is top of executive.concerns.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey

Lansdowne Rd to Airport

Postby Oldschoolsocks » April 4th, 2017, 6:27 am

[quote="Cor. ]
I've gone with the 8.30. More relaxing. Can't believe that green train by the station still doesn't go to either Cork or the Airport. [/quote]

The Dart leaves you in Greystones - surely a salt of the earth like you could hitch a ride from there?

You southerners are such snobs!!
the irony being that ad-hominen and appeal to majority are the most often used defences of the apologist.
Oldschoolsocks
Mullet

Postby domhnallj » April 4th, 2017, 9:40 am

Cor. Ind. wrote:

Not sure why you'd want to take a Dart - take one of the gondolas from the Dodder via Dublin Bay. Arrive at the airport in style and fully refreshed.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
domhnallj
Girvan Dempsey

Postby The Doc » April 4th, 2017, 10:43 am

domhnallj wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote:

Not sure why you'd want to take a Dart - take one of the gondolas from the Dodder via Dublin Bay. Arrive at the airport in style and fully refreshed.

There's always the teleportation device on the premium level of course....
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet

Postby Peg Leg » April 4th, 2017, 11:06 am

The Doc wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Cor. Ind. wrote:

There's always the teleportation device on the premium level of course....

I prefer the slingshot out of greystones myself. Make sure to notch it a couple of degrees extra toward the bay, sometimes the wind kicks up a bit.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Devin Toner

Postby cormac » April 4th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Cheers!

Take the DART north to Kilbarrack. Hop off there and ask one of the locals for a lift to the airport.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Postby paddyor » April 4th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Peg Leg wrote:I prefer the slingshot out of greystones myself. Make sure to notch it a couple of degrees extra toward the bay, sometimes the wind kicks up a bit.

I see the latest govt whitepaper on transport includes plans to upgrade it to a peashooter.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Girvan Dempsey

Return to On The Road