Lyon Roll Call

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Blueberry
Mullet

Re: Lyon Roll Call

Post by Blueberry »

2 booked serfim G row w
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

How many do you think will travel?

JWT with two flights
Killester with two flights (or are these flights shared?)
Ryanair one flight

Aerlingus was largely booked before semi known

If you say same again will travel independently or from UK and continent there will probably only be 1800 to 2000 there.

Down a bit from Bordeaux but still ok given its a Sunday and relatively small number of flights to Lyon
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Section G, row M. - looks like there's a few from the forum on the same row.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

scrum25 wrote:How many do you think will travel?

JWT with two flights
Ryanair one flight

If you say same again will travel independently or from UK and continent there will probably only be 1800 to 2000 there.

Down a bit from Bordeaux but still ok given its a Sunday and relatively small number of flights to Lyon
Certainly looks like us being hugely outnumbered - have to bring our singing voices!!!
Four Stars
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

scrum25 wrote:How many do you think will travel?

JWT with two flights
Ryanair one flight

Might be worth trying to focus our support as much as possible the march in Bordeaux really set the tone for the rest of the day ....... ??.
Flying wedge
Leon Yespmed
Beginner

Post by Leon Yespmed »

The Bordeaux march was fantastic, really do have to replicate it. :happy clapper:
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

It's inevitable that we'll be heavily outnumbered. A bit of liquid in your lunch and picking your moments wisely will ensure that you're heard loud and clear ;-)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

travelling from basel to be there in two weeks. staying in mercure central plaza.
Audrey77
Beginner

Post by Audrey77 »

5 of us going, Block G, Row K - one of the organisers of the Bordeaux march is with us and is hoping to plan another one in Lyon..... :happy clapper:
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

Bought 2 tickets - Section G Row J.

Now the expensive bit - need to sort out flights. Ryanair direct return €325 looks best option at the moment.

Plenty of options for accommodation available.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

Audrey77 wrote:5 of us going, Block G, Row K - one of the organisers of the Bordeaux march is with us and is hoping to plan another one in Lyon..... :happy clapper:
Only issue here is Stadium is about 6km from where most fans will congregate in old town.

You could get people to meet at a metro station closer to the ground but the approach to Gerland does not have that many bars and pubs along the way.

The two nearest big squares with lots of bars and restaurants where fans could congregate before a march are Place Bellecour 5km from ground and Perrache 4.5km from ground (not great area typical around a train station).

Place Bellecour would be best option but it would be best part of an hour's walk.

Nearer starting points on Metro line would be:

Saxe Gambetta 3.8km a few brasseries and bars here

Place Jean Jaures 1.8km but not many bars here
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

3 of us going - category 2 tickets
Kurbz

Post by Kurbz »

tickets are sold out for Lyon now. queued for 2 hours, no luck :(
Folks, would appreciate if anyone can help me get two tickets, everything is booked, missing tickets for myself and uncle. thanks.
Kurbz

Post by Kurbz »

Finally got tickets sorted :) them french site are terrible, 4 hours, 3 queues, 3 baskets with tickets.... finally got a set... party time.
Where are we going to hang out for the Saturday evening? and Sunday morning?
Looking forward to the banter!
Rgds,K.
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

Glad to see you in Lyon Leinster's fans
Have a drink in an irish pub saturday night (22/04) ?
All of them are in the "Vieux Lyon"
https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid=ch ... :1,lf_ui:9
:wink:
Still4PP

Post by Still4PP »

Hello all, not around here very often its true but I still keep a weather eye on the rugby :wink:
I moved out of Lyon quite a few years ago but I'm fairly sure Adrian in Johnnys Kitchen & Johnny Walsh's just next door will look after you all :mrgreen: (no I have no shares, not even the promise of a glass of tapwater :roll: )
I myself am still looking for tickets despite living less than 2 hours from the pitch :shock:
Internet can be a pain donchaknow

If I find any for myself or even pick up some extras I will advise on here

Best of luck,

Daithi
Kurbz

Post by Kurbz »

Yep: Vieux Lyon in the 1st is the place to be i would reckon. good selection of Irish Bars/Food with live sports on. Will admit i'll be heading their to watch the Munster game. Is there any main pub that folks here are landing on over the weekend. I've no Lyon experience, but as Tiny206 said, Vieux Lyon area should be fine and easy to find us.
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

My friend of ASm Clermont said Johnny Walsh's boss is a Leinster fan ;) Contact him !
Still4PP

Post by Still4PP »

" Tickets
We currently allow tickets to be purchased and sold on the forum, however this is always under review.
• Face value or less
• First come, first served
• All offers, etc. to be made on the forum, never by PM.
• PMs can only be used once a deal has been struck, so that delivery / payment details can be agreed.

I will be collecting mine tomorow, unless there is an unexpected hiccup I will have some left over. Not planned, just working four different sites for the last few hours looking for 2 & now will collect 6.
The surplus will be offered at face value here & chez les jaunards. Hope I'm not breaking any rules, I'll log on tomorrow evening once I have them.
Daithi
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

2 Tix arrived for me today from clermont website. Category 1, nord est serfim, block L. Hope a few more leinster fans are in there. Clermont fans are brilliant though, so, not bothered.
Staying at mercure, central plaza. 2 from basel and 5 from dublin.