Lyon Roll Call

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Lyon Roll Call

Post by Donny B. »

Cheers Kermi
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:The three sisters is a cesspit!!

It's basically a stag/hens dump. In fairness we went there the first time we went to Edinburgh, the trick is never to go back.

Anyway we'll be there supporting Clermont ahead of the wretched Sarries and wearing one of the many Clermont scarfs I've gathered over the years. There's a quite big green area just before Murrayfield so the picnic people will have plenty of good spots. Any idea of where the Supporter's village is?

Final thought is DON'T go into the stadium early, memories from 2009 of disastrously poor food and drink service.

Oh and the Murrayfield Bar is now a rip-off shitehole and the Roseburn bar just down the street is far more of a quality boozer.
Roseburn bar it is so !.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

footrush wrote:

It's basically a stag/hens dump. In fairness we went there the first time we went to Edinburgh, the trick is never to go back.

Anyway we'll be there supporting Clermont ahead of the wretched Sarries and wearing one of the many Clermont scarfs I've gathered over the years. There's a quite big green area just before Murrayfield so the picnic people will have plenty of good spots. Any idea of where the Supporter's village is?

Final thought is DON'T go into the stadium early, memories from 2009 of disastrously poor food and drink service.

Oh and the Murrayfield Bar is now a rip-off shitehole and the Roseburn bar just down the street is far more of a quality boozer.
Roseburn bar it is so !.
I was in Murrayfield for the Pro12 final last year and the food and drink service hasn't improved since 2009. The queues were so bad I didn't even bother trying to get a drink as I would have easily missed 10 minutes of the game.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

nc6000 wrote:
footrush wrote:

Roseburn bar it is so !.
I was in Murrayfield for the Pro12 final last year and the food and drink service hasn't improved since 2009. The queues were so bad I didn't even bother trying to get a drink as I would have easily missed 10 minutes of the game.
Was at the Ireland game this year... Went early. It seemed a lot better this year

(Can't be confident about my level of awareness)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

We spent a fair bit of time in the Roseburn both Friday and Saturday nights.....great spot.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
We spent a fair bit of time in the Roseburn both Friday and Saturday nights.....great spot.
Really? We were there for ages after the match on Saturday, shame we didn't bump into you and the gang.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Donny B. wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Really? We were there for ages after the match on Saturday, shame we didn't bump into you and the gang.
The small back lounge had it's own bar so we weren't subjected to the notoriously slow service we experienced elsewhere.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
The small back lounge had it's own bar so we weren't subjected to the notoriously slow service we experienced elsewhere.
Aye fair enough likesay, I was in that wee lounge befar the game but nae eifter!! (Sorry, can't shake the Irvine Welsh lingo) ;-)