European Cup final 2019

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby Lar » January 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Agreed. With huge respect to Connacht it remains a challenge cup semi final - very unlikely to sell the Aviva out. They might not get a lot more than they would in the Sportsground anyway.
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby Schumi » January 23rd, 2019, 5:09 pm

brotheroffrank wrote:"The semi-final matches will be played at home venues, and the highest-ranked clubs from the pool stage will have home venue advantage in their respective semi-final matches"

Nothing about Stadium size....why would Connacht move their match to Dublin with logistical difficulties on ticket sales etc in a short time period...? Leinster have enough issues selling the Munster & Christmas games and have promotions, lead in time, etc;

If they don't have to move, they should keep it in the Sportsground. I thought there might be similar rules to the Champions Cup.
User avatar
Schumi
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 392
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 11:02 pm

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby Lar » January 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pm

Of course, I may have been stupid. Do the semi finals get played at neutral venues in the highest seeds country?
If that's the case Thomond Park probably makes most sense should Connacht make it that far and are seeded.


Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby blockhead » January 23rd, 2019, 10:25 pm

Lar wrote:Of course, I may have been stupid. Do the semi finals get played at neutral venues in the highest seeds country?
If that's the case Thomond Park probably makes most sense should Connacht make it that far and are seeded.
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


Yeah TP would be the obvious one if they had to move anywhere. The IRFU would be the recipients of the stadium hiring fee anyways so it makes sense. It's about E300K to hire out the Aviva and I think the FAI would get a slice of that as co owners. So you'd want to be shifting a fair few seats to make it financially viable.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5116
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby neill_m » January 23rd, 2019, 11:11 pm

Lar wrote:Of course, I may have been stupid. Do the semi finals get played at neutral venues in the highest seeds country?
If that's the case Thomond Park probably makes most sense should Connacht make it that far and are seeded.


Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


There is no requirement in the Challenge Cup for neutral venue semi finals, but of course clubs could move a game to another stadium by choice.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 790
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby rooster » January 24th, 2019, 12:20 am

neill_m wrote:
Lar wrote:Of course, I may have been stupid. Do the semi finals get played at neutral venues in the highest seeds country?
If that's the case Thomond Park probably makes most sense should Connacht make it that far and are seeded.


Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


There is no requirement in the Challenge Cup for neutral venue semi finals, but of course clubs could move a game to another stadium by choice.
Semi final stage there is no financial incentive to move like the quarter finals as far as I remember.
User avatar
rooster
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: July 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby footrush » April 5th, 2019, 8:54 am

Anyone any idea what the ticket allocation is for the two clubs in the final ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » April 7th, 2019, 4:01 pm

footrush wrote:Anyone any idea what the ticket allocation is for the two clubs in the final ?.

not sure footrush. tickets are already available https://book.nufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/newcastle%202019%20rugby if you are thinking of going
got my bundle (challenge and heineken final) just after the game in bilbao last year. Recommend going to both games. Cardiff V Gloucester was a cracking game last year and it looks like clermont v rochelle in the challenge final.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 835
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby bgmusic » April 7th, 2019, 9:16 pm

There are no tickets for the final at the moment. Both finalists will get an allocation, but otherwise its sold out.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 445
Joined: March 30th, 2006, 8:16 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » April 7th, 2019, 10:02 pm

bgmusic wrote:There are no tickets for the final at the moment. Both finalists will get an allocation, but otherwise its sold out.

yeah, you're right. apologies. thought you could still order tix.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 835
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby lawrence » April 8th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Hi all,
Munsterfan here (Dont shoot I come in peace) I have travel arrangements for the final that I can’t use if anyone is interested assuming Leinster make it and Munster don’t (and even then I mightn’t be able to) then you can have it face value. Its flights, tickets (challenge cup & champions cup) and accommodation for two people Friday morning to Sunday evening. Flights (cork -Edinburgh) get a train down easily or rent a car- 260euro. Hotel is 250pounds and the match tickets were 100 euro. PM me if your interested, Might be charge to change names on the flights whatever Aer Lingus charge. I would prefer one person to take all 3...
lawrence
Beginner
 
Posts: 5
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 9:09 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » April 8th, 2019, 5:47 pm

lawrence wrote:Hi all,
Munsterfan here (Dont shoot I come in peace) I have travel arrangements for the final that I can’t use if anyone is interested assuming Leinster make it and Munster don’t (and even then I mightn’t be able to) then you can have it face value. Its flights, tickets (challenge cup & champions cup) and accommodation for two people Friday morning to Sunday evening. Flights (cork -Edinburgh) get a train down easily or rent a car- 260euro. Hotel is 250pounds and the match tickets were 100 euro. PM me if your interested, Might be charge to change names on the flights whatever Aer Lingus charge. I would prefer one person to take all 3...

Fair play to you Lawrence. as a tip...my brother cannot make the finals...and just paid a little extra to change his flights to a later date and different destination. I think, if leinster make it, you wont have a problem shifting the tickets on here but the flights might be tricky. best of luck against saracens....am hoping for a leinster v munster final!
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 835
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby footrush » April 8th, 2019, 8:52 pm

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
footrush wrote:Anyone any idea what the ticket allocation is for the two clubs in the final ?.

not sure footrush. tickets are already available https://book.nufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/newcastle%202019%20rugby if you are thinking of going
got my bundle (challenge and heineken final) just after the game in bilbao last year. Recommend going to both games. Cardiff V Gloucester was a cracking game last year and it looks like clermont v rochelle in the challenge final.

Yep thanks Myles did the same go every year , just wondering how many they kept back to give to the two clubs that reach the final ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby The Doc » April 9th, 2019, 11:33 am

footrush wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
footrush wrote:Anyone any idea what the ticket allocation is for the two clubs in the final ?.

not sure footrush. tickets are already available https://book.nufc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/newcastle%202019%20rugby if you are thinking of going
got my bundle (challenge and heineken final) just after the game in bilbao last year. Recommend going to both games. Cardiff V Gloucester was a cracking game last year and it looks like clermont v rochelle in the challenge final.

Yep thanks Myles did the same go every year , just wondering how many they kept back to give to the two clubs that reach the final ?.


For some reason 5k comes to mind - but that might be wrong. Haven't had a problem in the past.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Mullet
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Location: Location Location

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby neill_m » April 9th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Anyone know any decent pubs in Newcastle for the weekend of the 2 finals? For sure it will have the usual chain pubs etc.
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 790
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby domhnallj » April 10th, 2019, 12:32 pm

neill_m wrote:Anyone know any decent pubs in Newcastle for the weekend of the 2 finals? For sure it will have the usual chain pubs etc.


This link will lead you to many of the bars within a short stroll of the fan zone (http://www.pubsnewcastle.co.uk/CityCentre.htm). The fan zone will be at Greys Monument (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey%27s_Monument) and will have all the usual stuff including street food. The pick of the bars mentioned (only my opinion) would be Bierex (or Alvinos next door if jammed), Lady Greys, Tyneside Bar Cinema (decent beers on tap and in the case of the cinema very decent food), Baachus is ok. Not to say the others aren't bad but places like Fitzgeralds and Harry's have a slightly older clientele. Across from the cinema is a container facility called Stack that has bars and food - its not bad if the weather is fine but it will get crowded.

Avoid places like the Black Garter, Rose and Crown - just do.

Other places I would recommend are Brewdog (towards the river - follow your nose downhill from Monument) and slightly further down on the other side of the road is the Crown Posada (very good real ale boozer). The quayside has quite a few decent pubs so you can avoid the Weatherspoons, I suggest the Brigde Tavern (again has decent food).

Across the river on the Gateshead side of the Tyne just below the Sage is a container place called By the River Brew Co - lots of stuff in there to keep you happy (https://www.bytheriverbrew.co/). You get to it by crossing the red and white swing bridge.

Other decent pubs include the Bodega (i just like it and it has decent speed service for an English pub) or Tilleys a couple of buildings down. The Split Chimp is a real ale pub with indoor skittles and darts (if you like that sort of thing) and is beside a very decent pizzeria (they do other stuff too) called the Herb garden - look for the horse.

If you want to ask me about any specific pub, I will do my best to respond reasonably accurately.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby MylesNaGapoleen » April 12th, 2019, 2:24 pm

oops..posted on wrong thread lads...please delete my post mods.
User avatar
MylesNaGapoleen
Enlightened
 
Posts: 835
Joined: September 18th, 2009, 11:04 am

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby neill_m » April 12th, 2019, 3:39 pm

domhnallj wrote:
neill_m wrote:Anyone know any decent pubs in Newcastle for the weekend of the 2 finals? For sure it will have the usual chain pubs etc.


This link will lead you to many of the bars within a short stroll of the fan zone (http://www.pubsnewcastle.co.uk/CityCentre.htm). The fan zone will be at Greys Monument (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey%27s_Monument) and will have all the usual stuff including street food. The pick of the bars mentioned (only my opinion) would be Bierex (or Alvinos next door if jammed), Lady Greys, Tyneside Bar Cinema (decent beers on tap and in the case of the cinema very decent food), Baachus is ok. Not to say the others aren't bad but places like Fitzgeralds and Harry's have a slightly older clientele. Across from the cinema is a container facility called Stack that has bars and food - its not bad if the weather is fine but it will get crowded.

Avoid places like the Black Garter, Rose and Crown - just do.

Other places I would recommend are Brewdog (towards the river - follow your nose downhill from Monument) and slightly further down on the other side of the road is the Crown Posada (very good real ale boozer). The quayside has quite a few decent pubs so you can avoid the Weatherspoons, I suggest the Brigde Tavern (again has decent food).

Across the river on the Gateshead side of the Tyne just below the Sage is a container place called By the River Brew Co - lots of stuff in there to keep you happy (https://www.bytheriverbrew.co/). You get to it by crossing the red and white swing bridge.

Other decent pubs include the Bodega (i just like it and it has decent speed service for an English pub) or Tilleys a couple of buildings down. The Split Chimp is a real ale pub with indoor skittles and darts (if you like that sort of thing) and is beside a very decent pizzeria (they do other stuff too) called the Herb garden - look for the horse.

If you want to ask me about any specific pub, I will do my best to respond reasonably accurately.


Thank You very much Sir, plenty of choice anyway :D
neill_m
Enlightened
 
Posts: 790
Joined: May 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby footrush » April 13th, 2019, 10:21 am

domhnallj wrote:
neill_m wrote:Anyone know any decent pubs in Newcastle for the weekend of the 2 finals? For sure it will have the usual chain pubs etc.


This link will lead you to many of the bars within a short stroll of the fan zone (http://www.pubsnewcastle.co.uk/CityCentre.htm). The fan zone will be at Greys Monument (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey%27s_Monument) and will have all the usual stuff including street food. The pick of the bars mentioned (only my opinion) would be Bierex (or Alvinos next door if jammed), Lady Greys, Tyneside Bar Cinema (decent beers on tap and in the case of the cinema very decent food), Baachus is ok. Not to say the others aren't bad but places like Fitzgeralds and Harry's have a slightly older clientele. Across from the cinema is a container facility called Stack that has bars and food - its not bad if the weather is fine but it will get crowded.

Avoid places like the Black Garter, Rose and Crown - just do.

Other places I would recommend are Brewdog (towards the river - follow your nose downhill from Monument) and slightly further down on the other side of the road is the Crown Posada (very good real ale boozer). The quayside has quite a few decent pubs so you can avoid the Weatherspoons, I suggest the Brigde Tavern (again has decent food).

Across the river on the Gateshead side of the Tyne just below the Sage is a container place called By the River Brew Co - lots of stuff in there to keep you happy (https://www.bytheriverbrew.co/). You get to it by crossing the red and white swing bridge.

Other decent pubs include the Bodega (i just like it and it has decent speed service for an English pub) or Tilleys a couple of buildings down. The Split Chimp is a real ale pub with indoor skittles and darts (if you like that sort of thing) and is beside a very decent pizzeria (they do other stuff too) called the Herb garden - look for the horse.

If you want to ask me about any specific pub, I will do my best to respond reasonably accurately.
Much appreciated, any idea if the Osborne B&B is near any of these , it’s in an area called Jesmond ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: European Cup final 2019

Postby domhnallj » April 13th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Osbourne road in Jesmond is a suburb of Newcastle. It’s about 15-20 minute walk to the city centre (or a short bus ride). There are two universities in Newcastle, and Jesmond is where a huge number of them live during the term - Jesmond and Osbourne road in particular are very lively as consequence. There are plenty of pubs etc on Osbourne road - as a rule they tend to be part of the hotels that are on the road so I’d imagine your hotel will have a pub downstairs.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
User avatar
domhnallj
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 9:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Heineken Champions Cup Final 2019

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests