Roll call for Bilbao!.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Roll call for Bilbao!.

Post by paddyor »

Sorted. Flying to Santander, staying in Bilbao Friday to Sunday. Only thing I'm worried about is the tickets. I'm getting them off an English guy who pm'd me here. They're printable PDFs, but I figure if you're going to rip someone off you don't give them bank details and contact details etc.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
El Presidente
Beginner

Re: Roll call for Bilbao!..Hat tip to Mr Cahill....

Post by El Presidente »

brotheroffrank wrote:
Re: Nerves
Postby Dave Cahill » April 28th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Leo or Sam?

April 28 2009……becomes April 28 2018......Plus Ca Change.....

Leo’s Army…..

Hats off to Mr Cahill !
That looks a bit like....Boris Johnson.

Printed the tickets last night. All anticipation now!
Audrey77
Beginner

Post by Audrey77 »

4 of us travelling Dublin - Madrid on Friday lunchtime - hire car to Santander and bus booked from Santander to Bilbao for Saturday morning :)
theghost
Learner

Post by theghost »

This was posted over on mfans
No idea how genuine it is but it might be of use to someone

Good morning guys, i rent two double room in the center of bilbao, 5 minutes from the stadium and the rest of important things, one room has a double bed and the other a bunk bed. Im looking for 4 responsible people or a family , if they were 5 maybe we could do something too. i leave my number in case you are interesting +34 685774065. Write to me if you are and thank you. Good luck in the finals.
Mackeroo
Beginner

Post by Mackeroo »

Audrey77 wrote:4 of us travelling Dublin - Madrid on Friday lunchtime - hire car to Santander and bus booked from Santander to Bilbao for Saturday morning :)
I was considering this option but I waited until we qualified for the final, and because of leaving it so late, Madrid was the only relatively reasonably priced weekend option. It involved a long train/car journey though and there's only 2 of us travelling so we ended up going for a day trip in the end. More expensive but less travelling once you hit Spain.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

People that bought their tickets a few months ago - Have they been sent out yet, or does anyone know when they should arrive?
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

Just the "Juan" :lol: :wink: On the 07:10 Aer Lingus flight. Day trip was the only option for me. Can't wait! :D
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Laighin Break wrote:People that bought their tickets a few months ago - Have they been sent out yet, or does anyone know when they should arrive?
I brought via TM.fr in January. Just spoken to one of their guys in France. Apparently tickets via DHL are being dispatched today. Due to arrive tomorrow/friday. I asked why tickets had not been dispatched earlier. He said that the organisers had asked TM not to send out the tickets until after the 30th April. As it was a Bank Holiday in France yesterday that meant that dispatch didn't occur until today, (hopefully)! Hope this helps.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I got my DHL delivery yesterday if that's of any comfort to people. Knew it was on its way on Monday when I got a text message saying they had to be signed for and to make sure someone was at my address to do this.
Four Stars
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Hornet wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:People that bought their tickets a few months ago - Have they been sent out yet, or does anyone know when they should arrive?
I brought via TM.fr in January. Just spoken to one of their guys in France. Apparently tickets via DHL are being dispatched today. Due to arrive tomorrow/friday. I asked why tickets had not been dispatched earlier. He said that the organisers had asked TM not to send out the tickets until after the 30th April. As it was a Bank Holiday in France yesterday that meant that dispatch didn't occur until today, (hopefully)! Hope this helps.
Cheers. I bought mine through Ticketmaster FR too and received a text message yesterday evening saying they should arrive today and needed to choose a delivery option (signature/alternative address/DHL delivery point)
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

footrush wrote:
baaba maal wrote:
yellabelly1961 wrote:Took the lazy but expensive option & going with the Killester Travel 2 day trip, still need match tickets though..
Likewise! We opted not to take the E165 tickets ("not face value" as they grudgingly mention!), so are hoping the ST lottery gets us two tickets.
Have a feeling that a large number of tickets just as the accommodation is being allocated to tour packages , looking at the Racing Forum can’t see a deluge of their fans travelling. From what I saw of the chart at different stages there were large chunks of the stadium unavailable even from an early stage during the public sale, would say that an All Ireland final would have been the organisers dream or Munster v ASM for that matter, feel strongly that they will be lucky to fill the ground and that they have totally overestimated the numbers of us that will travel. Can clearly see this on our forum with tickets appearing from Northampton and Leicester, there is a big difference in the number of people who speculate on tickets for these finals and those who actually turn up, had one for Lyon a few years ago for the final and didn’t bother going went to Edinburgh last year to be with the ASM supporters and because it is really easy to get to. If you have a ticket for this and are neutral you would only travel based on several factors does the tie capturing the imagination of the general public and is it accessible ?, no matter how much we might like to think for neutrals particularly in England outside of Gloucester this has little to offer, it is not us v Leicester in Edinburgh or us v Northampton in Cardiff and there aren’t two Irish teams in London to fill the place ?. Not saying it’s not going to be a great game if I was a neutral in England with a ticket would this match up bring me all the way down to the Basque Country probably not ?.

Really interesting more accommodation becoming available all the time and people now requesting tickets in specific areas of the ground , posters from England trying to unload Golden tickets be interesting to see how this pans out next week ?.
Flying wedge
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Laighin Break wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Cheers. I bought mine through Ticketmaster FR too and received a text message yesterday evening saying they should arrive today and needed to choose a delivery option (signature/alternative address/DHL delivery point)
Ticket arrived today. Didn't get the pre-delivery text though. Didn't matter as I was in, (although DHL delivery man almost knocked the front door down in his haste to deliver the package)!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

footrush wrote:Really interesting more accommodation becoming available all the time and people now requesting tickets in specific areas of the ground , posters from England trying to unload Golden tickets be interesting to see how this pans out next week ?.
Yep. Accommodation looked hopeless a week ago, now more and more availability at reasonable prices. I got a hostel bed in Bilbao for €47 on the Saturday
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Laighin Break wrote:
footrush wrote:Really interesting more accommodation becoming available all the time and people now requesting tickets in specific areas of the ground , posters from England trying to unload Golden tickets be interesting to see how this pans out next week ?.
Yep. Accommodation looked hopeless a week ago, now more and more availability at reasonable prices. I got a hostel bed in Bilbao for €47 on the Saturday
Wonder will it be full ?. The policy of trying to shaft people with accommodation prices may well backfire, still plenty of hotels not full just crazy expensive !. Be interesting to see how much the prices drop in the next week or so !. Have my eye on a few places just biding my time to watch them get realistic !. Tickets on scalper sights getting close to face value won’t be long before they fall below that most people that were going to go would have decided to go by now at a guess would say there will be between 5,000 and 10,000 of us there which would be enough , the organisers probably confused our travelling numbers with our southern cousins and may pay the price !.
Flying wedge
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Flying to Montpellier tonight and a six hour drive in the morning.
Staying Saturday night in a little Basque hotel an hour east of Bilbao.
How to support Leinster without costing a fortune.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

Flying this evening to Santander from Charleroi, Belgium

Heard Dublin airport is manic, carparks all full?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

On the way to the Airport from Kilkenny, Barcelona tonight Bilbao in the morning, it’s all starting to get real now !.
Flying wedge
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Getting v excited. Leave in less than 3 hours. Madrid tonight, Bilbao by 10.00am tomorrow and then the build up.... Can't wait but the excitement is also tinged with a large dose of nerves (primarily because I don't think I have heard anyone predict a Racing win).
Four Stars
Jacklumber
Beginner

Post by Jacklumber »

Blue not red blood wrote:5 FINALLY BOOKED
DUBLIN - BARCELONA-SANTANDER!!
Just a heads up for tomorrow morning if that's your day of travel. There is a french Air traffic Controllers strike in the Marseille area this weekend. As such there is a possibility of a delayed departure from Dublin to Barcelona in the morning due to slots caused by the strike. Hopefully with 90 minutes of a connection in Barcelona we should be okay. Direct flights from Dublin to Santander/Bilbao shouldn't be affected.
TogetherStandingTall
Beginner

Post by TogetherStandingTall »

Jacklumber wrote: Just a heads up for tomorrow morning if that's your day of travel. There is a french Air traffic Controllers strike in the Marseille area this weekend. As such there is a possibility of a delayed departure from Dublin to Barcelona in the morning due to slots caused by the strike. Hopefully with 90 minutes of a connection in Barcelona we should be okay. Direct flights from Dublin to Santander/Bilbao shouldn't be affected.
I hope that this doesn't cause a problem. I'm travelling to Madrid on the red eye, and getting the bus to Bilbao direct, dropping me in for 3pm, just in time to get to the stadium.
I hope that I'm not delayed as I'm not going to get to the match in time, which would mess everything up, leaving me in stranded in Madrid once I get there.
★★★★