Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby Blue not red blood » April 22nd, 2018, 6:02 pm

We have 5 of us booked into Santander , but nothing arranged yet on match day transfers.
Anyone else in the same situation?
Maybe have a look at getting a minibus / coach sorted?
User avatar
Blue not red blood
Mullet
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby Hornet » April 22nd, 2018, 6:28 pm

Blue not red blood wrote:We have 5 of us booked into Santander , but nothing arranged yet on match day transfers.
Anyone else in the same situation?
Maybe have a look at getting a minibus / coach sorted?


Some ideas on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25073

Just checked. More Buses added on the Santander Bilbao route for Saturday from €6.78 single.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby awaaf » April 22nd, 2018, 11:42 pm

Doesn't seem to be any return busses to Santander available after 8.30pm! If anyone notices any additional capacity later on the Saturday could you update here please. Will do likewise if I spot any!
awaaf
Bookworm
 
Posts: 216
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 10:42 am

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby Blue not red blood » April 23rd, 2018, 9:27 am

Yep
That’s what I am seeing as well!!!
User avatar
Blue not red blood
Mullet
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby footrush » April 23rd, 2018, 9:36 am

awaaf wrote:Doesn't seem to be any return busses to Santander available after 8.30pm! If anyone notices any additional capacity later on the Saturday could you update here please. Will do likewise if I spot any!

Booked one on ALSA last night leaves 21.15 into Santander 22.45 , 3 stops !. It would be fantastic if it might be possible for the OLSC to organise a coach to Santander after the game, (don’t know how feasible this would be) I would be interested and am sure quite a few more would ?.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby Scooby Shaggy Swerve » April 23rd, 2018, 10:08 am

Booked the 09.30am out of Santander.. and the 01.45am return, goin' be a long day!

Apparently more buses will be put on, so no panic yet

Taxi is approx €150 so bus is good value (4 of us got €4.75 each way)
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner
 
Posts: 51
Joined: February 18th, 2014, 11:57 am
Location: A Beer Glass in Brussels

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby Scooby Shaggy Swerve » April 24th, 2018, 7:56 am

More buses on this morning, 11.00 departure from Santander will get you to Bilbao for 12.30, return at 11.15pm or 01.45am dependent on your staying power!

ALSA and Bilbao tourism confirmed they'll put on our more buses if interest is there
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner
 
Posts: 51
Joined: February 18th, 2014, 11:57 am
Location: A Beer Glass in Brussels

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby rummyometer » April 24th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Have booked the ALSA buses there. Seems to be a good bit of availability now. I think only paypal works unless you have a Spanish credit card. Also there is a 30% discount for groups of 4 or more.
User avatar
rummyometer
Bookworm
 
Posts: 129
Joined: January 29th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby msmx5 » April 24th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Did anyone read the article with Mayor of Bilbao from when they announced the Final in Bilbao?

http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/36036.php#.Wt9BEIjwZPY

Q: What information can you give to fans about accommodation?

Juan Mari Aburto: We are working with the local authorities on the availability of hotel rooms across Bilbao but also the surrounding region. As well as in the city, accommodation will be available in Biscay, nearby Vitoria-Gasteiz, San Sebastián and Santander and holders of match tickets will be granted free transportation across the region during the finals weekend.


He mentioned free fransport across the region for the finals weekend! Wonder if that will materialise!?!
User avatar
msmx5
Beginner
 
Posts: 41
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 4:08 am

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby footrush » April 24th, 2018, 6:57 pm

msmx5 wrote:Did anyone read the article with Mayor of Bilbao from when they announced the Final in Bilbao?

http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/36036.php#.Wt9BEIjwZPY

Q: What information can you give to fans about accommodation?

Juan Mari Aburto: We are working with the local authorities on the availability of hotel rooms across Bilbao but also the surrounding region. As well as in the city, accommodation will be available in Biscay, nearby Vitoria-Gasteiz, San Sebastián and Santander and holders of match tickets will be granted free transportation across the region during the finals weekend.


He mentioned free fransport across the region for the finals weekend! Wonder if that will materialise!?!

Reckon an ALSA ticket with a specific bus time and seat number is a safer bet particularly if you are trying to get to Santander or the airport ?. Mine cost €8 Bilbao to Santander Airport great value.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Santander to Bibao on Saturday

Postby grunental » May 10th, 2018, 9:38 am

msmx5 wrote:Did anyone read the article with Mayor of Bilbao from when they announced the Final in Bilbao?

http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/36036.php#.Wt9BEIjwZPY

Q: What information can you give to fans about accommodation?

Juan Mari Aburto: We are working with the local authorities on the availability of hotel rooms across Bilbao but also the surrounding region. As well as in the city, accommodation will be available in Biscay, nearby Vitoria-Gasteiz, San Sebastián and Santander and holders of match tickets will be granted free transportation across the region during the finals weekend.


He mentioned free fransport across the region for the finals weekend! Wonder if that will materialise!?!


Here you have not heard anything about that they put free transport, yes there will be more frequencies but almost certainly you have to pay for it. That he said almost a year ago I imagine that more as a desire than as a reality.
grunental
Beginner
 
Posts: 18
Joined: April 29th, 2018, 8:46 am
Location: bilbao


Return to On The Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest