Scarlets on the 23rd

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Mauler wrote:Apple was just on to me and the branch dont have tickets for the game. I've tried to buy tickets on line on the Scarlets site, but to no avail. So I've sent them an email asking if we can buy match tickets outside the ground. I will let you know what they say.

Anyone else got any info on match tickets?
We bought tickets over the phone from Scarlets today North Tce
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Sarah, what phone number did you use? I tried one earlier from work and could not get thru.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Mauler wrote:Sarah, what phone number did you use? I tried one earlier from work and could not get thru.
Doh ! Did not see the earlier post with the number... Sorry
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Mauler wrote:
Mauler wrote:Sarah, what phone number did you use? I tried one earlier from work and could not get thru.
Doh ! Did not see the earlier post with the number... Sorry
Should be no hassle on that number!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

We were North Enclosure 'standing' last year - going for the same this time around
Summer is ready when you are

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I got this reply from the Scarlets - very efficient took her less than 15 minutes to get back to me .... Aine please take note :twisted:

Hi Jason,

We're having a few technical hitches getting our online connection sorted. There are tickets available. You can order in advance from our ticket office on: +44 1554 783936; or you can come along on Saturday - the ticket office will be open from about midday.

Look forward to seeing you all here and hope you enjoy the game.

Kind regards,
Julie

Julie Payne
PA to Stuart Gallacher, Chief Executive
Cynorthwydd Personol i'r Prif Weithredwr
Llanelli Scarlets
Tel/rhif ffôn: 01554 783903
email/ebost: julie@scarlets.co.uk
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Mauler wrote:ebost
What a legend word for e-mail.

Fair focks to Julie there... on the liathroid!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

What time flights are most people on?

Mine is 06.30 with Ryanair
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Mauler wrote:What time flights are most people on?

Me to Mauler . . .very early for a saturday morning :(
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sheepshagger wrote:

Me to Mauler . . .very early for a saturday morning :(
I'll still be tucked up in bed, fast asleep then! :D

Still, I do have to contend with the M4, so it's not all good!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Same here :cry:

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Eve wrote:

Same here :cry:
Moi aussi :cry:

Anyone coming from the southside want to share a cab?

And who has bought tickets already? I'm just planning to buy one for north terrace on the day.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Anyone know whats the story with bring 'liquids' on the plane - I was hoping to bring my hipflasks but dont want them confiscated by some jobsworth?

Will buy the train tickets and match tickets on the day ... box office opens at midday at Straddy
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Mauler wrote:Anyone know whats the story with bring 'liquids' on the plane - I was hoping to bring my hipflasks but dont want them confiscated by some jobsworth?

Will buy the train tickets and match tickets on the day ... box office opens at midday at Straddy
I would say check the British foreign or home office websites.

BUT, generally the rule is (or it was when I came to Dublin last month) you can take anything into the UK you like, but it's a bit harder taking things out.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

How many are you planning on bringing? :shock:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Just got the following from the foreign office (dated 14th Aug). There might be something a bit more recent, and I know there are plans to be a bit more lax on liquids, I just don't know when they're coming into force.

Each passenger will be permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage through the airport security search point. The dimensions of this item must not exceed: a maximum length of 45 cm, width of 35 cm and depth of 16 cm (17.7"×13.7"×6.2" approx) (including wheels, handles, side pockets etc.). Other bags, such as handbags, may be carried within the single item of cabin baggage. All items carried by passengers will be x-ray screened.

No liquids of any type will be permitted through the airport security search point, other than the following items:
Prescription medicines in liquid form sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), as long as verified as authentic
Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle or jar must be tasted by the accompanying passenger).
NOTE: The definition of liquids includes gels, pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures and the contents of pressurised containers, e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, soups, syrups, perfume, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.

To help their progress through search points, passengers are encouraged not to include items capable of containing liquids (e.g. bottles, flasks, tubes, cans, plastic containers etc.) in their cabin baggage.

All laptops and large electrical items (e.g. large hairdryer) must be removed from the bag and placed in a tray so that such items neither obscure nor are obscured by the bag.

Pushchairs and walking aids will be permitted but must be x-ray screened. Wheelchairs are permitted but must be thoroughly searched.

In addition to the above, passengers boarding flights to the USA and items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, will be subjected to secondary search at the gate. Any liquids discovered will be removed from the passenger.

The Department for Transport will work closely with operators to introduce these new arrangements, seeking to keep disruption to passengers to a minimum. The Department will keep these measures under review.

If passengers have any questions on their travel arrangements or security in place at airports they should contact the airport or their airline.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

It also says to check with the airline you're travelling with, but you can bring in what you like. Not sure if you'll be able to take out (as hand luggage) hip flasks, etc, I'd ring Ryanair and see what they say (and good luck!)
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Thanks for all that Claire. I reckon I'll just buy a bottle of grog in the duty free. I usually bring 2 hipflasks - a bird never flew on one wing and all that.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Have bought match tickets for the north enclosure. Have bought train tickets from http://www.thetrainline.co.uk, buying two singles now works out about 25% of what you'd pay on the day. Of no concern to the more AFFluent among you I'm sure, but even still :wink:

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Eve, what time trains did you pick?