Connacht on Friday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

T.C.B. wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Fock me I'm having a flashback to that "You're a scumbag McHugh, You're a scumbag" too funny.
I was having flashbacks to "KILL. KILL. KILL."!!! That was focking hilarious.
I love that word! He was a scumbag! what kinda 'professional' runs 10 meters to get a dig in...I know Monchichi would do the same!

There'll be plenty more 'Scumbag' use on Friday, as well as the resurgence of 'KILL, KILL, KILL!'
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

The Malahide Mullet supports the kill campaign.

I think Mark is a great bloke and I cannot believe some of the abuse he got
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Ok, our lineout was shambolic and my impressions of the match are perhaps over-coloured by the thrilling final 10 minutes, but God Shaggy was on fire and Darce's drop goal was sublime and well, I still can't believe how little money people expect me to pay to watch BOD play. I mean being within earshot of Mullet was worth the entry fee alone. Anyone on for a run of “Kill!” t-shirts before Friday?

Thanks again JF for organising the bus. :happy clapper:
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yes forgot to say thanks to jf for organising it. Fair play.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Malahide Mullet wrote:
I have to agree with you there MM. Although he did go a bit OTT on Friday, possibly trying to prove something?!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Tara wrote:Thanks again JF for organising the bus. :happy clapper:
Hear hear! Thanks a mil JF. :clap:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Duff Paddy wrote:Yes forgot to say thanks to jf for organising it. Fair play.
Hear Hear :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Malahide Mullet wrote:The Malahide Mullet supports the kill campaign.

You're kidding right?

Most of the "abuse" was coming from you!
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Speaking of abuse, as I was cheering in Disco boots running in the forth try, in the midst of a load of Connacht 'fans', I was told to 'Fock off home you Leister focker', very welcoming! These are the same guys who were shouting abuse at Drico by calling him a 'doctor's son', which I thought was more fact than anything else! I've been to a fair amount of away games and have never heard abuse like this.

I wonder do people get the same kind of hassle in the brook?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sexy_rexy wrote:Speaking of abuse, as I was cheering in Disco boots running in the forth try, in the midst of a load of Connacht 'fans', I was told to 'Fock off home you Leister focker', very welcoming! These are the same guys who were shouting abuse at Drico by calling him a 'doctor's son', which I thought was more fact than anything else! I've been to a fair amount of away games and have never heard abuse like this.

That's not good to hear - I hope there's no more than banter in the Brook - although I guess the line between banter and abuse is somewhat subjective. Only away ground I've had abuse thrown at me is Musgrave.
Summer is ready when you are

bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

sexy_rexy wrote:Speaking of abuse, as I was cheering in Disco boots running in the forth try, in the midst of a load of Connacht 'fans', I was told to 'Fock off home you Leister focker', very welcoming! These are the same guys who were shouting abuse at Drico by calling him a 'doctor's son', which I thought was more fact than anything else! I've been to a fair amount of away games and have never heard abuse like this.

That bit about Brian's Dad is actually funny! If they think that was some sort of taunt then God love their imbecillic brains. Probably the first rugby match they'd been at.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Really?

Well that's a shame, but you get idiots everywhere I suppose.
There was a few young guys behind the main Leinster group making a few smart comments but they were drowned out by our chanting and singing as the game went on. There were just annoying, I mean we had to tell them to shut up for their own kicks at goals ffs!

But most of the Connacht fans I met were grand. As for the "Doctor's son" thing, well that's just strange. :?:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

I love Galway and the people there, whilst in the queue for the jacks at half time, some little 10 year old kid turns around to me and goes "Leinster SUCK!" so I says to him "oh yeah! well what does it say on the scoreboard kid?", this stuns him for a few seconds until he turns back around with the killer comeback "Yeah? Well they still suck!" :lol: Great craic.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Experienced something similar in the second half...a few Connacht tw@ts were slagging. I called the ref a clown and one of them goes...'Whats a clown in Dublin?' the other replied, 'Must be some new term of slaggin'. I was also told to go home whilst I was calling McHugh a scumbag! they didn't like the KILL thing and they certainly didn't like MM, they just kept calling him a w&%ker and other stuff....

I hate arseholes like that, I just turned around and answered any Leinster based questions they were asking each other...dickheads!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Didn't someone turn around at one point and make some nonsensical comment about only being 3 points ahead 'with all your money'???

WTF was that about?! :roll: :lol:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

ALL YER MONEY, AND ONLY 3 POINTS AHEAD :lol: :lol: :lol:

I asked him if he wanted a loan :lol:
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

Duff Paddy wrote:ALL YER MONEY, AND ONLY 3 POINTS AHEAD :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butt monkeys!
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Beer Baron wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:ALL YER MONEY, AND ONLY 3 POINTS AHEAD :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butt monkeys!
Quality!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

I've got to say that the crowd we were with were great! They really knew their stuff, there was none of the abuse I have observed in Musgrave in the past.

Very gracious in defeat, although gutted they got nothing from the game.

I though it was interesting to see BOD getting mobbed by the local crowd looking for autographs on the pitch.

I'll be going back again nest year, that's for sure.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter