Embra Tickets

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Eve wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: Sent you an e-mail with all the details. I'll PM you if you didn't get it.
No email :?
PM sent. I'd post it on the forum, but I think I've covered most of the salient points already. Plus, the sentiment may be too inflammatory
Roight - I've had just about enough of this shoite - off to the offy board :evil:
Summer is ready when you are

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Guys, any chance of a summery so that those of us that are going also, don't make the same mistakes (or assume that the branch know what they are doing)

I just hope the Gunners have a better idea of how ticketing works, walk up on the day seems like the best option right now....
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

I addition to the fact that nobody from the branch told me that I could actually buy tickets - I wasn't on the e-mail either - I now see that having bought 4 tickets for me, Cahill, Big Deep Blue and the poor girl he goes out with, I have to pay 12 sheets booking charge. WTF? OK, 3 for a ticket is fine, but what's the incremental cost of 4 tickets in the same envelop vs 1? The players talk about how the fans give them that bit extra, why doesn't the branch facilitate that?

And extra 5 or 10% is worth a lot at the highest level. :roll:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Eve wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Eve wrote: No email :?
PM sent. I'd post it on the forum, but I think I've covered most of the salient points already. Plus, the sentiment may be too inflammatory
Roight - I've had just about enough of this shoite - off to the offy board :evil:
To let everyone in on the gen this is the genesis of the problem:

"here we go folks.

I can smell a ch***er a mile off coz I've dealt with plenty of them in the past, and our ticket mistress in the Leinster Branch is one hell of a ch***er.

I missed lunch to go out and get tickets for the Embra match, on the basis of the info that was sent to me in the e-mail from Limecat yesterday.

I was told that I'd have to order them online. and they would be ready for collection next week. She said that she is only dealing with the Gloucester match at the moment.

I asked her about tickets for Ravers, Agen and Thomond, she said that she was not taking advance requests. She said I should contact them two weeks in advance of those individual games, to order tickets.

The position adopted is completely unacceptable because people may already have forked out money to travel to these away games, with no guarantee of a ticket.

I think that Apple Sourz as a figurehead might be able to get stuck into the Branch, about this general issue.

All the time I was getting the spin from Ticket Mistress, one of the higher ups un the Branch was sitting listing intently to the conversation.

I am really cheesed off with them at this stage."

The general PR spin was that everything was rosey in the garden. Sorry but it's not.
T - 45
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I'm mad as hell over this and have submitted a rant to the official mb - let's see if it makes the cut :? :wink:

dodderee
Learner

Post by dodderee »

thanks Eve for tip off. have ordered ticket, like many others didn't get Aine's email and have told her so.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Eve wrote:I'm mad as hell over this and have submitted a rant to the official mb - let's see if it makes the cut :? :wink:
As I thought, Breener chickened out. Haven't seen your rant on the Deadsite yet..
T - 45
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Eve wrote:I'm mad as hell over this and have submitted a rant to the official mb - let's see if it makes the cut :? :wink:
As I thought, Breener chickened out. Haven't seen your rant on the Deadsite yet..
Nothing else since though - may just not have updated yet

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

aaannnnddd - at this stage, despite my AFFluence, I begrudge the branch €3 per ticket. So I'll either be buying online from Embra or assuming I calm down sufficiently by then for the airline security staff to let me board the plane I'll buy them on the day or watch it in a pub.

Apologies to all I told I was doing otherwise (there'll be enough of you to keep each other company anyway :wink: )!

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Eve wrote:aaannnnddd - at this stage, despite my AFFluence, I begrudge the branch €3 per ticket. So I'll either be buying online from Embra or assuming I calm down sufficiently by then for the airline security staff to let me board the plane I'll buy them on the day or watch it in a pub.

Apologies to all I told I was doing otherwise (there'll be enough of you to keep each other company anyway :wink: )!
I knew it was a plot!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Eve wrote:aaannnnddd - at this stage, despite my AFFluence, I begrudge the branch €3 per ticket. So I'll either be buying online from Embra or assuming I calm down sufficiently by then for the airline security staff to let me board the plane I'll buy them on the day or watch it in a pub.

I knew it was a plot!
Never trust a Blanchie :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sarah_lennon wrote:

I knew it was a plot!
Sarah, you can always join me and Grumpy. I've got a ticket winging it's way to me as I write this. Or so I hope...
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

claire_m wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:

I knew it was a plot!
Sarah, you can always join me and Grumpy. I've got a ticket winging it's way to me as I write this. Or so I hope...
Putting together the various pieces of information from different sources - we should all still be together :?

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Especially as when the tickets from the Branch never arrive and we have to buy them at the gate!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sarah_lennon wrote:Especially as when the tickets from the Branch never arrive and we have to buy them at the gate!
It's funny cause it's true :lol: :lol:

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sarah_lennon wrote:Especially as when the tickets from the Branch never arrive and we have to buy them at the gate!
At least if they only arrive at the branch next week, you can pick yours up. I can't.

And although I ordered mine on Monday, I was only debited today. :? Makes me a little worried that it might not reach me.

That will teach me for being decisive. I never am usually. :evil:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

claire_m wrote:
At least if they only arrive at the branch next week, you can pick yours up. I can't.

And although I ordered mine on Monday, I was only debited today. :? Makes me a little worried that it might not reach me.

I don't for one second believe that those tickets are not already sitting in a box at the branch. Afaik It is usually the procedure to return unsold tickets to the host branch about a week before the match. You don't seriously believe the branch won't have those tickets before next week - of course they have them - they just won't take them out of the box till next week.

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote:

I don't for one second believe that those tickets are not already sitting in a box at the branch. Afaik It is usually the procedure to return unsold tickets to the host branch about a week before the match. You don't seriously believe the branch won't have those tickets before next week - of course they have them - they just won't take them out of the box till next week.
The question is why??? A monkey can be trained to multitask!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Eve wrote:
claire_m wrote: At least if they only arrive at the branch next week, you can pick yours up. I can't.

The question is why??? A monkey can be trained to multitask!
Precisely :evil:

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

I'm not really worried about tickets for this game, it's in Murrayfield, a place that's been sold out twice(as far as I know) in the last decade.

I'm very worried about when Leinster go to places like Gloucester, Ulster, Munster, and knock out stages of the Heineken cup. If they can't sort out tickets in a proper way for this game, what's it going to be like when there's five people screaming for every one ticket.

I know for one, I will be travelling to Ravenhill in December and at this stage I'm worried whether I'll even get tickets.....