Whats the battlecruiser for Embra

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Donny B. wrote:
Mauler wrote:
harryp wrote: Mauler, you've lost it. Sunday of the Foot & Mouth International was All Ireland Football Final, Galway beat Meath, only 2 pubs in Embra showed it Finnegans & Mulligans, both were packed and had qeues outside them all day. Was the best days boozing I've ever gone on. And Espionage closed at 4 IIRC.
Like I said nothing going on in Embra on Sunday's!!!
With the new 24hour drinking times, we shouldn't have a problem finding some late bar to pack into (like that place in Bath last January).
Espionage was where we ended up last May wasn't it?

Why are people flying back on Sunday when it's a bank holiday the next day????? Seems like a waste.

I know it's not a Bank Hol in the U.K. so Claire is excused!
Thanks! I'll be missing out on all the fun though :(

No more holidays here now until Christmas Day. Last one was the end of August. 4 months without a single holiday. That sucks!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

We only have this one then that's it!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sarah_lennon wrote:When I booked I never copped it was a Bank Hol :oops:

Now I'm in two minds about whether to change the flights, is everyone staying till Monday??
Oh dear.

Most people that are going are staying Sunday, I'd say. I hate having to go home the night of the game and would only do so in extreme circumstances, like if I was getting married the next day. :P

It would be worth changing the flights alright (provided it's not extortionately expensive). I'd check with your accomodation that you can stay on the Sunday first though, apparantly a lot of places are booked up.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Since there'll be a good crowd of us around on Saturday afternoon are we picking a spot to watch the Bourgoin game? I know it was mentioned already in this thread but nothing was decided as far as I can see.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Now I'm in two minds about whether to change the flights, is everyone staying till Monday??
Yes - sort it :evil:
Summer is ready when you are

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Eve wrote:

Think I need to move, as you're all having fun without me :(

That said, I shall be having fun myself on Saturday, so you can all go out, just make sure I get to see the pictures :D
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

claire_m wrote:
Eve wrote:

Think I need to move, as you're all having fun without me :(

That said, I shall be having fun myself on Saturday, so you can all go out, just make sure I get to see the pictures :D
Yes- sort it :evil:
Summer is ready when you are

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Broken Wing wrote:Since there'll be a good crowd of us around on Saturday afternoon are we picking a spot to watch the Bourgoin game? I know it was mentioned already in this thread but nothing was decided as far as I can see.
Donny mentioned the Black Bull in the Grass market to watch the game. A few of us went there last May to watch the Sale V Tigers GP Final on the Saturday. Seems like a nice joint, but I wouldn't recommend staying too late because it gets kind of messy later on in the night.
T - 45
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:Since there'll be a good crowd of us around on Saturday afternoon are we picking a spot to watch the Bourgoin game? I know it was mentioned already in this thread but nothing was decided as far as I can see.
Donny mentioned the Black Bull in the Grass market to watch the game. A few of us went there last May to watch the Sale V Tigers GP Final on the Saturday. Seems like a nice joint, but I wouldn't recommend staying too late because it gets kind of messy later on in the night.
While we will all be behaving perfectly. :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

I'm there until Monday (am looking forward to having the Bank Holiday off for once) :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking CD. It's a decent enough pub, with nice pub grub. But I think we'd move on after the match.
It has a good few Plaza screens and it seems rugby friendly.
It will be clashing with a live football game (Newcastle - Charlton) so I'll ring them first to check that they'll put it on.
If I can promise them a good few thirsty Paddys, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Another option would be that Irish pub around the corner from it, what's that place called again? Finnegans Wake was it?
I was only in there briefly but it seemed quite big and I'm sure they'd definitely out on the rugby for us.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny B. wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking CD. It's a decent enough pub, with nice pub grub. But I think we'd move on after the match.
It will be clashing with a live football game (Newcastle - Charlton) so I'll ring them first to check that they'll put it on.
If I can promise them a good few thirsty Paddys, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Another option would be that Irish pub around the corner from it, what's that place called again? Finnegans Wake was it?
I was only in there briefly but it seemed quite big and I'm sure they'd definitely out on the rugby for us.
That's not the place around the corner and up that big effin hill ??
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Isn't that Biddy Earley's
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sarah_lennon wrote:Isn't that Biddy Earley's
Can't remember, It's all a haze at this stage :wink: :wink:
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: Donny mentioned the Black Bull in the Grass market to watch the game. A few of us went there last May to watch the Sale V Tigers GP Final on the Saturday. Seems like a nice joint, but I wouldn't recommend staying too late because it gets kind of messy later on in the night.

That's not the place around the corner and up that big effin hill ??
Ehh, yeah I think it is. But we won't be drunk at that stage so we'll have loads of energy :wink:
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

Finnegan's Wake is on Victoria street (I think) it is up a hill alright. Watched the Leinster v Munster match in there weekend before last I know, I know I should have been at lansdowne rd but the girlfirend booked the weekend away back in June. Anyway, the bar staff are well sound I was the only person interested in the game and they showed it on three plasma screens all for me :) Only problem was they play music the whole time so you won't get the commentry.
I don't care how liberated this world becomes - a man will always be
judged by the amount of alcohol he can consume - and a woman will be
impressed, whether she likes it or not.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

glic wrote:Finnegan's Wake is on Victoria street (I think) it is up a hill alright. Watched the Leinster v Munster match in there weekend before last I know, I know I should have been at lansdowne rd but the girlfirend booked the weekend away back in June. Anyway, the bar staff are well sound I was the only person interested in the game and they showed it on three plasma screens all for me :) Only problem was they play music the whole time so you won't get the commentry.
That would be a worry alright!

Actually I think that's why we moved out of the place.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

glic wrote:Finnegan's Wake is on Victoria street (I think) it is up a hill alright. Watched the Leinster v Munster match in there weekend before last I know, I know I should have been at lansdowne rd but the girlfirend booked the weekend away back in June. Anyway, the bar staff are well sound I was the only person interested in the game and they showed it on three plasma screens all for me :) Only problem was they play music the whole time so you won't get the commentry.
Finally coming out of the haze :wink: :wink:
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Eve wrote:

Okay Sorted! Now out on the last flight Monday!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Eve wrote:

Okay Sorted! Now out on the last flight Monday!!
Was it expensive to change it? We're there til Tuesday and wow do I need a long weekend.