Meeting Point fo Edinburgh

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Meeting Point fo Edinburgh

Post by sarah_lennon »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
apple sourz wrote:As per Glasgow last year, the Walkabout Bar in Edinburgh have come up trumps for your 'social' enjoyment over the weekend. They will be offering discounted food and drink to Leinster Supporters so I will post full details when I have finalised things.
As fro how to get there.

http://routes.yell.com should do the trick, will map & give written directions of from & to routes, walking or driving, in Embra.
Cool, cos if I remember correctly, people in Embra are awful at giving directions!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
BlueBlood
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueBlood »

Where is the walkabout bar in relation to Rose street. Walking distance?
Is that where everyone is going to watch the turnip munchers on the sat?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

BlueBlood wrote:Where is the walkabout bar in relation to Rose street. Walking distance?
It's pretty central and is walking distance to most places - your usual Walkabout, plenty of plasma screens, pub grub and cheap drink :D
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

BlueBlood wrote:Where is the walkabout bar in relation to Rose street. Walking distance?
http://routes.yell.com should do the trick, type in he street you want to get to. It'll prompt you to identify the street you're going from, and put out a map and written directions, which you can print.
T - 45
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
BlueBlood
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueBlood »

Cheers. Roll on the weekend!
plantman
Beginner

Post by plantman »

I will be on that morning flight too, there should be enough time, is there gonna be many on that flight, hopefully so we can get a bit of a sing song going
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sheepshagger wrote:
It's pretty central and is walking distance to most places - your usual Walkabout, plenty of plasma screens, pub grub and cheap drink :D
And wannabe Ozzies with Kiwi accents, you'll fit right in.... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flash Gordon wrote:
And wannabe Ozzies with Kiwi accents, you'll fit right in.... :wink:
Fock off! :evil: :evil: :evil:
plantman
Beginner

Re: Edinburgh Hotles

Post by plantman »

elfan wrote:Thanks for threads . Will investgate . :)

€250 for return flight with Ryanair on Sun. Arrives in Edinburgh @ 11.45am. Anybody taking that flight..do you think theres enough time to get to Murrayfiled by 1pm?
Ill be on that flight too, should be loads of time to make it, thats if it isnt delayed of course, but its trusty ryanair afterall
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Murryfield in on the road in from the airport in Edinburgh, you'll be grand, once there are no delays out of DUB
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

What Flight is Father Abraham on ? :wink:
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

sheepshagger wrote:What Flight is Father Abraham on ? :wink:
He is definitely not on our one Shagger (Scanger Air - 1pm, see you in the pub in the airport!)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Ok. Things are sorted and the Walkabout will be the meeting point for the weekend.

Please note however , they are not allowed to serve booze until 12.30 pm as it is a Sunday but they will call their lawyers to see if they can get a special license for Sunday. They will open at 10 am on Sunday and serve breakfasts + coffees. Kick off is at 1 pm.

Over the weekend they will be showing all the Heineken Cup matches on Friday, Saturday + Sunday and will be replaying Leinster vs. Edinburgh at 5 pm on Sunday night after the Tigers-Cardiff match.

I have asked Flash to look after things as I am unable to make it over to Edinburgh so you're in safe hands.

PS- Anyone know where I can watch the game in Reykjavik?!
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

apple sourz wrote:Ok. Things are sorted and the Walkabout will be the meeting point for the weekend.

Please note however , they are not allowed to serve booze until 12.30 pm as it is a Sunday but they will call their lawyers to see if they can get a special license for Sunday. They will open at 10 am on Sunday and serve breakfasts + coffees. Kick off is at 1 pm.

Over the weekend they will be showing all the Heineken Cup matches on Friday, Saturday + Sunday and will be replaying Leinster vs. Edinburgh at 5 pm on Sunday night after the Tigers-Cardiff match.

I have asked Flash to look after things as I am unable to make it over to Edinburgh so you're in safe hands.

Excellent news! Thank you :D

I shall head straight to the Walkabout from my plane, and have brekky there.

I have a feeling I'll be the only one up and about at 10am though. :lol:

Don't know about you watching the game, that's a place that I want to go to, but haven't made it yet. There's top quality vodka there though, if that helps at all?
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

apple sourz wrote:Ok. Things are sorted and the Walkabout will be the meeting point for the weekend.

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: Cheers Apple . Comes up trumps again
T - 45
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Thanks Apple.

Enjoy Reykjavik. I'm sure you'll be able to find some new green alcoholic concoction over there.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

sexy_rexy wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:What Flight is Father Abraham on ? :wink:
He is definitely not on our one Shagger (Scanger Air - 1pm, see you in the pub in the airport!)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh I heard a rumuour that he might be on that flight too
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

apple sourz wrote:PS- Anyone know where I can watch the game in Reykjavik?!
http://www.dubliner.is/

Click on one of the buttons in the top left hand corner for directions etc. .its in the middle of Reykjavik.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Folks, friend of mine from Leinster (the county Meath), a Paddy Furey owns & manages 2 pubs in Embra , one newly refurbished , would love to see you (and me!) there.
Avoca Bar andGrill , Dean STreet in the 'Stockbridge' area.(phone 0131 3153311 ) small and cosy
The Orchard , Inverleith Row 'Canonmills' area near Botanic Gardens. Large, bright newly refurbished Georgian Pub ('phone 0131 5500850)