EMBRA - Purchasing on the day

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Grumpy, I'm sitting next to you! I'll bring the blanket, you bring the flask (pesky airplanes won't let me bring anything with me :evil: )

I will warn you, I have been known to comment on the 'abilities' of a young Mr Heaslip, the length of Mr Horgan's shorts, and I'll cry if Chris Paterson both makes and misses his kicks! :lol:
Has Sarah taught you the third verse to Molly Malone yet?
No, but then she seems to forget it whenever someone asks her to sing it :roll:

I can try and learn it by Sunday, but I forgot to add to the above, I can't sing either! :lol:
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

claire_m wrote:
Yay!

That's almost within throwing range too! You can see me chucking things at you, and then ducking! Image
I'm feeling quite coolfreakesque about you. I seem to be the only one that didn't meet you last Saturday. I shall make it my mission to find you on Sunday.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

claire_m wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Grumpy, I'm sitting next to you! I'll bring the blanket, you bring the flask (pesky airplanes won't let me bring anything with me :evil: )

I will warn you, I have been known to comment on the 'abilities' of a young Mr Heaslip, the length of Mr Horgan's shorts, and I'll cry if Chris Paterson both makes and misses his kicks! :lol:
Has Sarah taught you the third verse to Molly Malone yet?

I can try and learn it by Sunday, but I forgot to add to the above, I can't sing either! :lol:
I sang it in the HSH on Saturday night! Nobody cared :cry:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

claire_m wrote:

I can't sing either! :lol:
LeinsterBabe wrote:
I'm feeling quite coolfreakesque about you. I seem to be the only one that didn't meet you last Saturday. I shall make it my mission to find you on Sunday.

She'll be sitting next to SS :twisted:
A proud Winsome Fluter
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sarah_lennon wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote: Has Sarah taught you the third verse to Molly Malone yet?

I sang it in the HSH on Saturday night! Nobody cared :cry:
Was I there? I don't remember :oops:
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
I thought she was sitting next to you? :?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
claire_m wrote:

LeinsterBabe wrote:

Are you metamorphosising into SS then? That'd be quite impressive. Or wrong...

And LB, I'm not that exciting, really. :lol:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

LeinsterBabe wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
I thought she was sitting next to you? :?
claire_m wrote:

Not after reading this.....
A proud Winsome Fluter
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

claire_m wrote:Are you metamorphosising into SS then? That'd be quite impressive. Or wrong...

Oh god, I'm imagining a GOM/SS hybrid. It's scary.

And I shall find you on Sunday and make up my own mind on your excitement level. I feel a moment like Cahill had in the Murrayfield hotel in May coming on........
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

LeinsterBabe wrote:
claire_m wrote:Are you metamorphosising into SS then? That'd be quite impressive. Or wrong...

Oh god, I'm imagining a GOM/SS hybrid. It's scary.

And I shall find you on Sunday and make up my own mind on your excitement level. I feel a moment like Cahill had in the Murrayfield hotel in May coming on........
I don't understand, but I am scared now!
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

claire_m wrote:
LeinsterBabe wrote:

I don't understand, but I am scared now!
It's not that scary. He just hushed the whole bar and shouted "Has anyone seen the coolfreak"
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

sarah_lennon wrote:I sang it in the HSH on Saturday night!
Was that before or after those barber singers, for therein might lie the problem!!

Whose sister was that with her arm in the cast again? Well she/I/barber singers had a great oul' sing song (while waiting for the wuss Duke to finish his frekin pint!!)
LeinsterBabe wrote:And I shall find you on Sunday
If you see me in the vacinity when you do find her, you may motion a casual nod in my direction so that I too will know.. please!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

meinster wrote:Whose sister was that with her arm in the cast again? Well she/I/barber singers had a great oul' sing song (while waiting for the wuss Duke to finish his frekin pint!!)
Crazy Dave's. Finally joined us on lf as Psycho B!

Just exchanging emails with her this morning still trying to clarify the difference between knocking a drink back and knocking it over :lol:
Summer is ready when you are

Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

meinster wrote:
Whose sister was that with her arm in the cast again? Well she/I/barber singers had a great oul' sing song (while waiting for the wuss Duke to finish his frekin pint!

:lol:

Ah you're a rugged Clareman to be sure. The way you can polish off 1.5 fluid ounces of Whiskey while I'm 'struggling' with my pint is hugely impressive alright. :clap:

Be sure to High-five yourself. :P
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

meinster wrote:If you see me in the vacinity when you do find her, you may motion a casual nod in my direction so that I too will know.. please!
But I don't know you either. Do I? :shock:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Eve wrote:
meinster wrote:Whose sister was that with her arm in the cast again? Well she/I/barber singers had a great oul' sing song (while waiting for the wuss Duke to finish his frekin pint!!)
Crazy Dave's. Finally joined us on lf as Psycho B!

Just exchanging emails with her this morning still trying to clarify the difference between knocking a drink back and knocking it over :lol:
All thumbs :roll: :roll: :roll:

Coat ......
T - 45
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

OK, so in my last attempt to drag this as about off-topic one can get...
LeinsterBabe wrote:But I don't know you either. Do I? :shock:
Ah ffs.. are you not gone home yet? (does that help?)
Eve wrote:clarify the difference between knocking a drink back and knocking it over
Oh yeah .. I'd forgotten about the Duke getting bitch-slapped publically like that.
Duke Raoul wrote:The way you can polish off 1.5 fluid ounces of Whiskey while I'm 'struggling' with my pint is hugely impressive alright.
In an attempt to bridge the Munster/Leinster cultural divide, one does not issue drink challenges (like that one) to a munster man (or woman, generally), because they WILL win. I'll keep tabs in embra. EDIT: oh, and it's less than 1.5 imp fl oz .. Standard measure here is 1/4 gill (commonwealth) == 35.5ml == 1.25 imp fl oz. I wasn't leaving the ice in it long enough to matter.

.... now .. in a utterly useless attempt to get back on topic.. I've been told by the drink-challeneger that we will be paying cash on the stiles on the day. Hopefully there'll be relatively free movement inside if we're there early.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

meinster wrote:
Eve wrote:clarify the difference between knocking a drink back and knocking it over
Oh yeah .. I'd forgotten about the Duke getting bitch-slapped publically like that.
wtf? :? :shock:

On second thoughts, in order to *ahem* keep this thread on topic you better tell me when you see me... :oops:
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Duke Raoul wrote:wtf? :? :shock:
It happened!! Sometimes the best memories are the ones you can't remember!!
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

claire_m wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:My ticket from the branch has arrived. Section West 11, row T, seat 13. Between try line and the 22 according to the plan. May have to go for a bit of a wander :lol:
Mine arrived yesterday. Forgot to look where I'm sitting, but I am a very happy girly! :D
West 13 Row Z Seat 19 :roll: :roll: Might meet Mick McCarthy there :shock:
T - 45