Leinster fans meeting point

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

What kind of entertainment would you be up for?

Band (instructions not to sing the Fields)
14%
DJ
No votes
Father Abraham
7%
Fock dat, want to watch rugby on the screens
61%
Anthony Foley
18%

Total votes: 28

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Leinster fans meeting point

Post by Flash Gordon »

Hi,

I've been in touch with Brian at the Walkabout in Edinburgh. He's going to look after visiting Leinster fans - and anybody who was in Glasgow last year knows they'll do right by us. :D

We've got a few discounts for all in possession of shirt/colours/season ticket/X5 keys - anything to prove you're a Leinster fan really.

Brian will be offering the following discounts:

Guinness at 1.80 (recommended :D )
Turnip Juice (Heineken) at 1.80
Bottles - Tooheys etc 1.50

Brian is looking at discounts on spirits too (relax Eve/Mrs.... :wink: )

And he'll do 20% off for all food for Leinster fans.

The bar will show a full programme of European Cup games on the Saturday including the Turnipstan game (don't forget your Bourgoin shirts.... :twisted: )

Same deal on Sunday - though be warned Scottish licencing laws prohibit the sale of alcohol of Sunday morning - pubs only open at 12.30 - though we might get some joy from the Murrayfield hotel.

Brian has also offered us the option of band/DJ/rugby/chat - maybe you could indicate your preference. In my experience, Leinster fans don't have a problem singing, but its your call lads!

Post game Sunday - Brian will continue to show the games - including a re-run of our game at 5pm. So be there!!! It'll be a cracking night.

Flash

DIRECTIONS
From Waverly train Station (6-7 mins walk): Head towards Princes Street (this should take you up Waverly Steps). At the top of the steps, turn right and head past the Balmoral Hotel on your right. At the junction, cross over to your left (towards the statue of the horse) and then turn right. Keep walking down Leith Street, past St James shopping centre and Thistle Hotel on your left until you reach John Lewis on the corner. Turn right across the road and we are situated down the pedestrian area.

Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Want to watch the rugby tbh. It also means you can chat away to people and not have to shout at them over loud music.

Am I getting old?? :oops:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Rugby for me too, bit of music on the sound system later on and a few drinks and I'm all set!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Sterling work, Flash, thanks.

I'm daytripping, and should be in the town centre 10.30ish, if everything goes to plan.

Are there any plans for Sunday morning (I know it's mostly dependent on the state of peoples' heads etc), as I'd actually quite like to get some breakfast when I arrive (I have to leave home about 6.30, and that's too early to even contemplate eating!)

Otherwise I'll just call people until I get an answer (Eve, Sarah, and everyone else whose number I have, unless you want an early morning wake-up call, you may want to turn off your phones!)

Cheers :D
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

claire_m wrote:Sterling work, Flash, thanks.

I'm daytripping, and should be in the town centre 10.30ish, if everything goes to plan.

Are there any plans for Sunday morning (I know it's mostly dependent on the state of peoples' heads etc), as I'd actually quite like to get some breakfast when I arrive (I have to leave home about 6.30, and that's too early to even contemplate eating!)

Otherwise I'll just call people until I get an answer (Eve, Sarah, and everyone else whose number I have, unless you want an early morning wake-up call, you may want to turn off your phones!)

That's fine Claire, I'm off for a jog Sunday morning so I'll see you for a power shake after yeah?!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Claire, the only place where it may be possible to get a beer is the Murrayfield Hotel so I suggest there for pre-game assembly.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Claire, the only place where it may be possible to get a beer is the Murrayfield Hotel so I suggest there for pre-game assembly.
Love the way you read "breakfast" as "beer"!! :lol:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Love the way you read "breakfast" as "beer"!! :lol:
I thought that too!

And Flash, girly cider for me!

Sarah, looking forward to that shake already! I had one in Galway on Saturday morning, actually, and it did wonders (or was it the hot cross bun that accompanied it?!)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well done that man!
I have Bumbleflex
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Nice work .. ta Flash (& did I read apple was involved somewhere too?).

Another vote for talk/rugby over some sodding DJ (but then, I'm old too), despite my irrisistable vote for foley
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

:green clap: :clap: :happy clapper:

Once again, outstanding work lads.

In terms of choice, could we have the commentary while the rugby's on, but maybe a band afterwards?
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Nobody up for rugby and music?
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

LeopoldButters wrote:Nobody up for rugby and music?

Maybe you and your "girlfriend" can have a quiet night in in front of the tv listening to her CD's
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Wasn't sure where to put this, so thought I'd add it here.

Don't forget that the clocks go back this weekend! So, you either get an extra hour in the bar on Saturday night, or an extra hour in bed on Sunday morning!

So now there's no excuse for all of you not being around to meet me on Sunday! :D
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

claire_m wrote:Wasn't sure where to put this, so thought I'd add it here.

Don't forget that the clocks go back this weekend! So, you either get an extra hour in the bar on Saturday night, or an extra hour in bed on Sunday morning!

So now there's no excuse for all of you not being around to meet me on Sunday! :D
that's cool cos I wasn't sure if it was sat or sun and with a flight to catch!!!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

After Dave's appearance on telly last night, I hope that the Walkabouts are aware of his rider, and take out all the blue M&Ms, only have while Lilly’s on the bar and no bar staff are to make any eye contact whatsoever.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

tones wrote:

Maybe you and your "girlfriend" can have a quiet night in in front of the tv listening to her CD's
There will be no girlfriend this weekend :D sure what are u doing in this section, are u even goin :?:
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Mauler wrote:After Dave's appearance on telly last night, I hope that the Walkabouts are aware of his rider, and take out all the blue M&Ms, only have while Lilly’s on the bar and no bar staff are to make any eye contact whatsoever.
Don't forget the nubile and scantily-clad young things following him around keeping him cool with their ostrich-feather fans....

:roll:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

T.C.B. wrote:
Mauler wrote:After Dave's appearance on telly last night, I hope that the Walkabouts are aware of his rider, and take out all the blue M&Ms, only have while Lilly’s on the bar and no bar staff are to make any eye contact whatsoever.
Don't forget the nubile and scantily-clad young things following him around keeping him cool with their ostrich-feather fans....

:roll:
Did you find a way to pack your ostrich-feather fan yet?
I have Bumbleflex
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

LeopoldButters wrote:
tones wrote:

There will be no girlfriend this weekend :D sure what are u doing in this section, are u even goin :?:
Nah just abusing you! :wink:
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."