If you havnt booked Agen this might interest you

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

If you havnt booked Agen this might interest you

Post by sheepshagger »

Ryanair have launched a seat sale this morning and the flights to Carcassonne are included.

Theres flights (out Friday morning back Sunday 1pm) that are going for EUR 152 inc taxes and charges (a little more than what those of us who booked earlier paid but are cheaper than what they were last week)

Given the flight back on Sunday means youll need to get up and drive back from Agen early you could book a one way with Ryanair and the returm flight with BA (via Gatwick from Toulouse). . .or you could always use Tout Travel :evil:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Tout travel have a seat only for €199 now.....too rich for my blood as after tax/ticket/accomodation it's over €300

Prob no worse than the ryanair deal though as you've no bus/train/hire car expenses.
Summer is ready when you are

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Eve wrote:Tout travel have a seat only for €199 now.....too rich for my blood as after tax/ticket/accomodation it's over €300

Prob no worse than the ryanair deal though as you've no bus/train/hire car expenses.

Tout Travels Options

Leinster Rugby, in association with Leinster Sports Travel, are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen ahead of the Heineken Cup clash in December.

*Toulouse is about a 1 hour 20 minute transfer to Agen*

The flight will be a charter flight from Dublin - Toulouse. Agen is a beautiful but quiet French Town with some nice bars and restaurants while Toulouse offers many bars and clubs and is very lively.

All transfers are included.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn 3* Superior Toulouse Centre €299 pps / SGL €360
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel 2* Agen Centre €275 pps /SGL €315
PACKAGE 3: Le Provence Hotel 3* Agen Centre €299 pps /SGL €350
PACKAGE 4: Crowne Plaza Hotel 4* Toulouse €330 pps / SGL €380

SEAT ONLY:
€199 Plus Tax

EXTRAS:
Airport taxes €45, Match ticket €40 tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
*Depart Dublin at 11am on Friday 15th December and return 16th December leaving Toulouse at 11pm. This is the team charter.

StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

if you want to make a long weekend of it and spend a bit of time quaffing les Grand Vins de Bordeaux, then you can fly into Bordeaux airport with Aer Fungus from Tuesday to Thursday for €110.

Last year we hired a Renault Clio through http://www.autoeurope.com for about €100 and spent a bit of time around Saint Emillion after the Toulouse match. Would also recommend going to the Haut Medoc as well.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Anyone know if the venue for the match is confirmed? Weren't there rumours of it being moved to Bordeaux?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

chillers wrote:Anyone know if the venue for the match is confirmed? Weren't there rumours of it being moved to Bordeaux?
It has been confirmed for Agen.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
chillers wrote:Anyone know if the venue for the match is confirmed? Weren't there rumours of it being moved to Bordeaux?
It has been confirmed for Agen.
Yep, I posted a message on the ERC site and they responded today that it won't be moved.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Brilliant morkeshing from Tout travel....break up the costs and disguise that the cost of the trip for one night is still over 600 sheets......like we'd never have fockin copped it. :roll:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Flash Gordon wrote:Brilliant morkeshing from Tout travel....break up the costs and disguise that the cost of the trip for one night is still over 600 sheets......like we'd never have fockin copped it. :roll:
How did you work that out?

Package 2: Atlantic Hotel €275pps incl transfers + €85 for taxes & ticket = €360. This is still pricey but it means I get out & back on a one nighter....unfortunately 2 nights is not an option for me.

Ryan air into Carcassone at €155+ say €100 for car hire/fuel/tolls/insurance + match ticket €40 equals €295. Thats a difference of €65 to pay for 2 nights accomodation! Followed by a red-eye drive back to Carcasonne!

BTW I'm not saying tout travels packages are good deals, they're not! they're just not as bad as some make out and for those of us who need to do a trip with just one night away, they are convenient
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

deco wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Brilliant morkeshing from Tout travel....break up the costs and disguise that the cost of the trip for one night is still over 600 sheets......like we'd never have fockin copped it. :roll:

Package 2: Atlantic Hotel €275pps incl transfers + €85 for taxes & ticket = €360. This is still pricey but it means I get out & back on a one nighter....unfortunately 2 nights is not an option for me.

Ryan air into Carcassone at €155+ say €100 for car hire/fuel/tolls/insurance + match ticket €40 equals €295. Thats a difference of €65 to pay for 2 nights accomodation! Followed by a red-eye drive back to Carcasonne!

BTW I'm not saying tout travels packages are good deals, they're not! they're just not as bad as some make out and for those of us who need to do a trip with just one night away, they are convenient
Isn't it 360 plus the flight, bringing it over 600 sheets?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Royston Sole
Knowledgeable

Post by Royston Sole »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Brilliant morkeshing from Tout travel....break up the costs and disguise that the cost of the trip for one night is still over 600 sheets......like we'd never have fockin copped it. :roll:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Flash - you do understand what "package" means, don't you?
Longtime Turnipfans.com poster who retired when the Munster Girl Guides Association started Moderating.
boyneside winger
Learner

Agen

Post by boyneside winger »

Where are all you quys staying?......flying to Carcassonne myself.
Are we staying in Agen :? :? :? or are we staying in Toulouse??
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Am flying into Carcassonne on the Friday morning (as are a lot of us)

Staying at the IBIS in Agen on the Friday and Saturday nights. . think most are then getting up (early) on the Sunday to get back to Carcassonne (by Car) to get the 1pm flight back (since it was changed from Monday c/o Ryanair).
Last edited by sheepshagger on November 8th, 2006, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Re: Agen

Post by Eve »

boyneside winger wrote:Where are all you quys staying?......flying to Carcassonne myself.
Some ideas here

icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Flash Gordon wrote:
deco wrote:

Nope that includes the flight price and airport transfers
Psycho B
Graduate

Re: Agen

Post by Psycho B »

boyneside winger wrote:Where are all you quys staying?......flying to Carcassonne myself.
Hey Boyneside do you play for Boyne??? 8)

I think a lot peeps are stay in Agen
elfan
Knowledgeable

Agen

Post by elfan »

Where can i get these trips to Agen for 299? Checked the Killester Travel (leinstersportstravel) Website and the cheapest is 425 + 50 taxes

Tout Travels Options

Leinster Rugby, in association with Leinster Sports Travel, are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen ahead of the Heineken Cup clash in December.

*Toulouse is about a 1 hour 20 minute transfer to Agen*

The flight will be a charter flight from Dublin - Toulouse. Agen is a beautiful but quiet French Town with some nice bars and restaurants while Toulouse offers many bars and clubs and is very lively.

All transfers are included.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn 3* Superior Toulouse Centre €299 pps / SGL €360
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel 2* Agen Centre €275 pps /SGL €315
PACKAGE 3: Le Provence Hotel 3* Agen Centre €299 pps /SGL €350
PACKAGE 4: Crowne Plaza Hotel 4* Toulouse €330 pps / SGL €380

SEAT ONLY:
€199 Plus Tax

EXTRAS:
Airport taxes €45, Match ticket €40 tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
*Depart Dublin at 11am on Friday 15th December and return 16th December leaving Toulouse at 11pm. This is the team charter.

[/quote]
elfan
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

elfan
the muckmeister
Beginner

Post by the muckmeister »

Flights to Carcassone available from Shannon for a unbelievable 1 cent on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon for 29 quid.

Works out at about 60 all in, can't get much better than that surely??

~~~~~~~~~~