Trip to the Deep South

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

brian_c
Mullet

Trip to the Deep South

Post by brian_c »

Supposing by some means members of this site got their hands on a pair of tickets for an event which will occur in the Deep South over the holiday period featuring an incredibly talented and gifted number of athletes from the cosmopolitan capital of a vibrant European state taking on in a certain code of football, their closest relatives but fiercest rivals from the deep south who enjoy eating certain vegetables whilst playing music on the back of large vehicles. How are folks going to travel to Limerick?
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Re: Trip to the Deep South

Post by Eve »

brian_c wrote:Supposing by some means members of this site got their hands on a pair of tickets for an event which will occur in the Deep South over the holiday period featuring an incredibly talented and gifted number of athletes from the cosmopolitan capital of a vibrant European state taking on in a certain code of football, their closest relatives but fiercest rivals from the deep south who enjoy eating certain vegetables whilst playing music on the back of large vehicles. How are folks going to travel to Limerick?
Train/Car I would imagine - although if such an event were to take place there may be a bus - haven't heard anything about one though
Summer is ready when you are

dingbat
Mullet

Re: Trip to the Deep South

Post by dingbat »

brian_c wrote:Supposing by some means members of this site got their hands on a pair of tickets for an event which will occur in the Deep South over the holiday period featuring an incredibly talented and gifted number of athletes from the cosmopolitan capital of a vibrant European state taking on in a certain code of football, their closest relatives but fiercest rivals from the deep south who enjoy eating certain vegetables whilst playing music on the back of large vehicles. How are folks going to travel to Limerick?
Nicely put. ;)

Haven't worked this bit out yet - 'tis a busy time of year. I know I've sorted out beds (or at least floorspace) in Limerick already... :)
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Problem with cars is that one person of the touring party will have to abstain from enjoying the victory (although I hear that Guinness is non-alcoholic in Limerick). Last train is about 8, is that enough time? This is all assuming that Limerick, Guinness and trains exist.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

We're staying the night - Jury's I think (there were no IBIS!!)
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sarah_lennon wrote:We're staying the night - Jury's I think (there were no IBIS!!)
Recently informed of the same - at least I think it's there :?
Summer is ready when you are

brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

I am heading to Oslo on the 28th so it'll have to be a day trip. I recon the game is on early enough to have post match drinks in Kiely's, if the automobile option is to be pursued.

If a bus is to be organised, may I remind the organisers that Portlaoise is on the way to Limerick and it would only take a minute or two to pick somebody up along the way :D
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

I'm not at all jealous and bitter that i've got to work that day. and the next one. :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Part-timers, the lot of ye. :twisted:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

brian_c wrote:I am heading to Oslo on the 28th so it'll have to be a day trip. I recon the game is on early enough to have post match drinks in Kiely's, if the automobile option is to be pursued.

If a bus is to be organised, may I remind the organisers that Portlaoise is on the way to Limerick and it would only take a minute or two to pick somebody up along the way :D
If there is a bus, and it would happen to be stopping in Portlaoise, would it be possible for me to be picked up there too?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

brian_c wrote:Problem with cars is that one person of the touring party will have to abstain from enjoying the victory (although I hear that Guinness is non-alcoholic in Limerick). Last train is about 8, is that enough time? This is all assuming that Limerick, Guinness and trains exist.
There is Guinness mid-strength (2.8%) and its very nice! There's also the regular stuff too!

Will have a look at bus options! Watch this space.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Flash Gordon wrote: There is Guinness mid-strength (2.8%) and its very nice! There's also the regular stuff too!
That's the drivers sorted so. As long as we aren't in Murphy's territory...
Phil06
Graduate

Post by Phil06 »

Try Central Reservation for accommodation... (Your only man!)

http://www.centralr.com/Limerick_County_Hotels.html

Jury's Still has rooms.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Am booked into the Sarsfield Bridge hotel for the night. Have stayed there before. For 67 yoyos room only for the night, it does the job nicely.

Mag-focking-nificent.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Just booked 2 tickets as Mrs. Avenger says she'll go.
We'll be driving. I'll drive down and the non-drinker will drive home :)

LL - we'll be going throught Port Laoise if you need a lift.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Munster away.

Post by bgmusic »

Why not fly down and back.Dec.27 11.30_12.15,and Dec.28 11.45_12.30.Only 45 minutes flying time on the A330.The fare is 110 euro,including all taxes.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

I hope some you goys have purchased a few spares.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Avenger wrote:Just booked 2 tickets as Mrs. Avenger says she'll go.
We'll be driving. I'll drive down and the non-drinker will drive home :)

LL - we'll be going throught Port Laoise if you need a lift.
I live closer to you than to Portlaoise... But thanks, might get back to you on that one :)
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

thecoolfreak wrote:I hope some you goys have purchased a few spares.
I've bought my full allocation and will be passing any spares onto Leinster supporters only. At face value obviously.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

T.C.B. wrote:
I've bought my full allocation and will be passing any spares onto Leinster supporters only. At face value obviously.
Ditto and I got as many others to do likewise. Let's hope that everybody had the good sense to do the same.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

dingbat wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:
Ditto and I got as many others to do likewise. Let's hope that everybody had the good sense to do the same.
Great. Make sure to keep me in mind :wink: