Agen tickets

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Agen tickets

Post by Tara »

I emailed Aine yesterday to ask when the tickets for the away Agen fixture would go on sale. She mailed me back to say that she hoped it would be soon but she was waiting to hear from Agen and would keep us informed.

Has anyone been to Agen before? Or maybe someone was paying closer attention than I was to the ground layout during the Agen v Gunners game. Do they put all the away supporters together in one section? My experience of smaller French grounds (Castres, Bourgoin) in the past is that they're fairly relaxed about where you stand. Anyone know if it is the same in Agen?
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Agen seems to be typically French. Nice main stand, a smaller stand and open behind the goals.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Agen are on Setanta at half five this evening, for those of you who want to set your video/dvd recorders....
Drico
Knowledgeable

Post by Drico »

the agen match is live on setanta sports1 now. Channel 434 on sky.
Oh, I'm crazy? Those f**kin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a f**king volcano.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Drico wrote:the agen match is live on setanta sports1 now. Channel 434 on sky.
You have to pay extra money for that, fock that!! How did they get on? By the way, if you have Sky digital, you can watch the France game tonight on 135 or 805, depending which language you'd prefer your commentary in...
Drico
Knowledgeable

Post by Drico »

31 - 8 to the pinko shirtos.

I'm sick of listening to welsh so it will be chnl 805 for me tonight.
Oh, I'm crazy? Those f**kin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a f**king volcano.
Royston Sole
Knowledgeable

Post by Royston Sole »

Drico wrote: 31 - 8 to the pinko shirtos.
A very deceptive final score. Agen had a second row harshly yellow carded after 33 minutes and another player (his brother!) red carded (also harshly) after 36 minutes but they played very bravely and committedly for the next 40 minutes, They eventually conceded 2 late tries, but were well in the game until Gelez had a kick blocked down and Paris scored a lucky try. Their front 8 were awsome and they will stuff Leinster away unless our pack really fronts up to them - especially if Cau-cau is playing (he wasn't yesterday).
Longtime Turnipfans.com poster who retired when the Munster Girl Guides Association started Moderating.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Agen tickets

Post by combatlogo »

Tara wrote:I emailed Aine yesterday to ask when the tickets for the away Agen fixture would go on sale. She mailed me back to say that she hoped it would be soon but she was waiting to hear from Agen and would keep us informed.

Has anyone been to Agen before? Or maybe someone was paying closer attention than I was to the ground layout during the Agen v Gunners game. Do they put all the away supporters together in one section? My experience of smaller French grounds (Castres, Bourgoin) in the past is that they're fairly relaxed about where you stand. Anyone know if it is the same in Agen?
Anyone else getting a bit worried that we haven't heard anything on this? Are we definitely getting an allocation?

And has anyone been "kept informed"? :roll:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

combatlogo wrote:
Tara wrote:I emailed Aine yesterday to ask when the tickets for the away Agen fixture would go on sale. She mailed me back to say that she hoped it would be soon but she was waiting to hear from Agen and would keep us informed.

Anyone else getting a bit worried that we haven't heard anything on this? Are we definitely getting an allocation?

Well I wasn't until you put the idea of being worried in my head. I'll follow up with Aine and let you know if I hear anything.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Tara wrote:
combatlogo wrote:

Well I wasn't until you put the idea of being worried in my head. I'll follow up with Aine and let you know if I hear anything.
Email on the subject to ST holders tomorrow, apparently.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Fair play to Aine, as good as her word.

That said, not too happy with paying €27 to sit in the corner of the stand (Block R). May hold off and see if Agen sell terrace tickets on their site. Anyone else got any thoughts on the matter?

http://www.sua-rugby.com/Billet.asp
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

combatlogo wrote:Fair play to Aine, as good as her word.

That said, not too happy with paying €27 to sit in the corner of the stand (Block R). May hold off and see if Agen sell terrace tickets on their site. Anyone else got any thoughts on the matter?

My limited experience of French team grounds is that they can be quite hostile, so I think I'd prefer to be with as many Leinster supporters as possible even if the section of the stand they have allocated us is less than ideal. I have booked our tickets for section R anyway.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Were you given an option of where to book?

I just got two stand tickets, didn't say anything about any R section.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

combatlogo wrote:Fair play to Aine, as good as her word.

Wouldn't risk it, it'll surely be a sell-out, they may not sell tickets online. Also, surely it's better to have all the Leinster support together, in terms of colour and noise....
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Donny B. wrote:Were you given an option of where to book?

Section R was the one and only option. What's to stop people forwarding this link onto non-season ticket holders and the tickets being all sold out before some genuine ST holders get to check their mail??
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

dont think its worth the risk, it will be good to have all the supporters together, just booked mine there now "section R" here i come...... :D :D
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

jrc wrote:

Section R was the one and only option. What's to stop people forwarding this link onto non-season ticket holders and the tickets being all sold out before some genuine ST holders get to check their mail??
The link CL has posted is not Aine's link or are you more worried about people forwarding emails? Either way I can't see our allocation being sold out that quickly. With the match on the week before Xmas I'm afraid it won't be a Bath, Toulouse or even Endinburghesque size travelling crowd.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Tara wrote:
jrc wrote:

The link CL has posted is not Aine's link or are you more worried about people forwarding emails? Either way I can't see our allocation being sold out that quickly. With the match on the week before Xmas I'm afraid it won't be a Bath, Toulouse or even Endinburghesque size travelling crowd.
I meant the email. I know what you're saying about the week before xmas but it is a very small ground. You're probably right though...
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

I saw their ground on Sky a few months ago, looks a bit like a slightly bigger version of the 'brook.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jrc wrote:

Sorry looked at it again and it was Stand R Alright, booked so quickly I didn't notice :oops:

May not be the best seats in the house but it's vital that we're all together to make as big a racket as possible.

Agen is meant to be a bit of a madhouse with quite an intimidating crowd, so strength in numbers!