Thank You

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Postby Eve » December 3rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

apple sourz wrote:Well done to everybody who made the (extended) journey and I think we did ourselves proud.


Sure did - Molly Malone and Come on you boys in blue were both audible in telly land
Summer is ready when you are

Image
User avatar
Eve
Mullet Moderator
 
Posts: 5118
Joined: January 25th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Postby thecoolfreak » December 3rd, 2006, 5:06 pm

Eve wrote:
apple sourz wrote:Well done to everybody who made the (extended) journey and I think we did ourselves proud.


Sure did - Molly Malone and Come on you boys in blue were both audible in telly land


Anyone know if there's a replay on Setanta?
thecoolfreak
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5572
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 2:43 pm
Location: Dublin

Roll up for the Mystery Tour...

Postby fungalboy » December 3rd, 2006, 5:28 pm

apple sourz wrote:All hail HARP!

Well done to Flash, Fungal and Colin for arranging a great day out.

Well done to everybody who made the (extended) journey and I think we did ourselves proud.

Roll on the 27th :wink:


Thanks folks, you are all very welcome.

Ther were times when i thought the day was brilliant (lashing out pints in the brewmasters club, D'arcy's drop goal) and others when I thought it was all going horribly wrong (Jimmy "Which way is the M50?" Finnigan, realising that I had left Apple's jacket on the mystery bus).

The best thing about the day for me was that we managed to increase the away support for the team. As I said to MC "We gave them a 6 all THRASHING!!!".

I'm sure that we will all learn lessons from the things that went wrong and if/when we do something like this again then we will make it even better for everybody.

A speacial word of thanks to all on The Myster Bus (Bus 2) for putting up with the various periods of being lost with little or no complaints. The nicest way I can put it is to say that our driver was "directionaly challeneged". Still I can always say that there is very little of East Belfast, Newery or the M50 that I don't know, now.

Can I ask that anybody with photos from the trip post them here, I forgot my camera (as well as my map).
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
fungalboy
Graduate
 
Posts: 696
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 8:51 pm
Location: Shadow of what used to be the West Stand

Postby apple sourz » December 3rd, 2006, 5:37 pm

Image
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
apple sourz
Mullet
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 12:32 am

Postby fungalboy » December 3rd, 2006, 5:44 pm

apple sourz wrote:Image


Bluesky's dad has really lost a lot of weight since he bought that jersey... :lol: :shock: :P
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
fungalboy
Graduate
 
Posts: 696
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 8:51 pm
Location: Shadow of what used to be the West Stand

Postby Byrnepower » December 3rd, 2006, 5:57 pm

:lol: :cry:

Don't think we can say thank you enough to all concerned for organising yesterday.

Dispite weather it was another unforgettable experience on tour with Leinster not least due to the friendliness of the Ulster fans.

Looking forward to catching up with them on NYE.

Thanks again everyone.

Until next Saturday when we do it all again for "Les Bleu"
Byrnepower
Learner
 
Posts: 51
Joined: May 31st, 2006, 8:45 pm

Postby Flash Gordon » December 3rd, 2006, 6:51 pm

No worries lads, it was a total pleasure! Great to see all the Leinster fans on the Harp - it is available in Kielys and will be on tap in Dolans in Limerick. So its up to you really whether you want to drink a Leinster beer brewed by Leinster rugby fans (Fungal boy and Colin) or if you want to drink Turnip juice from Munster (Heineken) :wink:

Great trip - Thanks (I think....) to Rexy and Mullet for the music and to JRC for working his way through EVERY single song on the planet on the bus.....

Pity we didn't win the match, we definitely should have....

Bring on Turnipstan! :D
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
User avatar
Flash Gordon
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9974
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm
Location: Up the orse of the tag bunny

Postby Slipper1 » December 3rd, 2006, 7:08 pm

We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Postby apple sourz » December 3rd, 2006, 7:47 pm

Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


It was actually 'We'll all buy the indo' becasue Gerry wouldn't give us a wave!!
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
apple sourz
Mullet
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 12:32 am

Postby Slipper1 » December 3rd, 2006, 8:17 pm

apple sourz wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


It was actually 'We'll all buy the indo' becasue Gerry wouldn't give us a wave!!


:oops: On my own again, I was having so much fun on my on again.....
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Postby Darce » December 3rd, 2006, 8:31 pm

Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


Surely it makes more sense to say, "Gerry Gerry, give us wave. Gerry give us a wave". No?
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 6148
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Postby harryp » December 3rd, 2006, 8:39 pm

It was actually "Gerry Gerry give us a wave" followed by "We all buy the indo, we all buy the indo" nanana nanana.

Some of the looks we were getting "Singing in the Rain" were absolutely priceless. :lol:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
harryp
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: January 28th, 2006, 1:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Roll up for the Mystery Tour...

Postby Tara » December 3rd, 2006, 8:39 pm

fungalboy wrote:
apple sourz wrote:All hail HARP!

Well done to Flash, Fungal and Colin for arranging a great day out.

Well done to everybody who made the (extended) journey and I think we did ourselves proud.

Roll on the 27th :wink:


Thanks folks, you are all very welcome.

Ther were times when i thought the day was brilliant (lashing out pints in the brewmasters club, D'arcy's drop goal) and others when I thought it was all going horribly wrong (Jimmy "Which way is the M50?" Finnigan, realising that I had left Apple's jacket on the mystery bus).

The best thing about the day for me was that we managed to increase the away support for the team. As I said to MC "We gave them a 6 all THRASHING!!!".

I'm sure that we will all learn lessons from the things that went wrong and if/when we do something like this again then we will make it even better for everybody.

A speacial word of thanks to all on The Myster Bus (Bus 2) for putting up with the various periods of being lost with little or no complaints. The nicest way I can put it is to say that our driver was "directionaly challeneged". Still I can always say that there is very little of East Belfast, Newery or the M50 that I don't know, now.

Can I ask that anybody with photos from the trip post them here, I forgot my camera (as well as my map).


A big thanks to Flash for making this happen in the first place and to ckav for booking the buses and an especially big shout out to Fungalboy for being the best teacher I never had! Nazi-like in the extreme his insistence on leaving on time, reckless in the extreme in seeking out directions from riot polilce marshalling a bunch of men with lambeg drums (lost or just very slow?), patient in the extreme in his dealing with our directionally challenged bus-driver, naff in the extreme in his jokes (my eyes may have been closed but that was to hide the pain - I wasn't actually asleep) and gentlemanly in the extreme in finding an actual WC for the three ladies on the bus to use when the 30+ men were happy to use the hard shoulder ... every 30 minutes. It should have been us buying the Roses. Contender for highlight of the trip? Sending TrueBlue and harryp out into the gale force winds with the sentiment, if not the words, that you've a better chance finding your car on your own than with this guy driving you. :lol:

Thanks Fungalboy!
Last edited by Tara on December 3rd, 2006, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Tara
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2757
Joined: March 30th, 2006, 11:26 pm

Postby Slipper1 » December 3rd, 2006, 8:52 pm

Darce wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


Surely it makes more sense to say, "Gerry Gerry, give us wave. Gerry give us a wave". No?


harryp wrote:It was actually "Gerry Gerry give us a wave" followed by "We all buy the indo, we all buy the indo" nanana nanana.

Some of the looks we were getting "Singing in the Rain" were absolutely priceless.


OK People - no need to rub it in, perhaps the icicles froze the brain a little too much.
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Postby Tara » December 3rd, 2006, 8:59 pm

Slipper1 wrote:
apple sourz wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


It was actually 'We'll all buy the indo' becasue Gerry wouldn't give us a wave!!


:oops: On my own again, I was having so much fun on my on again.....


I'm with you Slipper, or at least was - I was definitely singing "we don't buy the Indo, we don't buy the Indo" - I thought someone said that David Kelly was there and we were singing it for his "benefit"? :oops:
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Tara
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2757
Joined: March 30th, 2006, 11:26 pm

Postby Slipper1 » December 3rd, 2006, 9:21 pm

Tara wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
apple sourz wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:We dont buy the indo, we dont buy the indo, na na na na na hey, na na na na hey...repeat as required

Give us a wave Gerry, give us a wave; Give us a wave Gerry , give us a wave..

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pint after the game was like drinking harp on a loose iceberg in an atlantic storm. why we didnt at least try to stand in the tent I dont know.

Liginds, we are all liginds....


It was actually 'We'll all buy the indo' becasue Gerry wouldn't give us a wave!!


:oops: On my own again, I was having so much fun on my on again.....


I'm with you Slipper, or at least was - I was definitely singing "we don't buy the Indo, we don't buy the Indo" - I thought someone said that David Kelly was there and we were singing it for his "benefit"? :oops:


Thank You - whatever about the Gerry chant, I was definitely telling David Kelly that he was a "losser" and that I never bought his rag.
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Postby limecat » December 3rd, 2006, 9:42 pm

I'd just like to add my thanks to the guys and gals for organising this one. It wouldn't be a trip to Ravenhill if the bus didn't get lost at least once.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Postby Sundy » December 3rd, 2006, 10:02 pm

Yeah thanks to everybody who organised the trip it was excellent. Pity the weather was awfull but the Harp more than made up for it!
Sundy
Enlightened
 
Posts: 858
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:00 am

Postby meinster » December 3rd, 2006, 10:34 pm

Tara wrote:I'm with you Slipper, or at least was


Tara was with Slipper
Tara was with Slipper
na nah nah naahh
na nah nah naahh
...


I thought it was a great trip. Yeah, sure we should've won, but the draw under those circumstances was pretty damn good. The free Harp & food, and the getting lost all made for a great trip. Damn, that was some wind, though, at the end of the game.

A sincere thanks to the Harp boys for organising this.
User avatar
meinster
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: June 4th, 2006, 1:21 pm
Location: Meinster, mainly

Postby bluesky » December 4th, 2006, 12:30 am

fungalboy wrote:
apple sourz wrote:Image


Bluesky's dad has really lost a lot of weight since he bought that jersey... :lol: :shock: :P



Thats actually hilarious....!!! Nice piking of the sign of harp...last seen under the arm of some nordie teen.
bluesky
Mullet
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 7th, 2006, 4:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to On The Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests