Agen Away - Booking of trains etc (for those using Ryanair)

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Agen Away - Booking of trains etc (for those using Ryanair)

Post by sheepshagger »

With Ulster away now been and gone :( we move to the next away fixture. . .Agen (hopefuly to secure the 2nd of Wins against them)

Looking at the Trains website it seems they either recommend or require advance bookings.

Carcassonne train station is just 1km (or 3 miles from the airport) so I guess sharing taxis is the best option there. . .from there we'll need to catch a train (all the way to Agen via Toulouse) which is about EUR 28 each way.

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... AGENCY=VSC

The Ryanair flight arrives in on the Friday at 12.40pm. . .theres a train from Carcasssone leaving at 1.30pm (that has a layover in Toulouse so the total journey time is nearly 4 hours :( )

The Toulouse-Agen leg of the 1.30pm train needs to be reserved in advance (which can be done on the above site)

Thoughts anyone also on that Ryanair flight ?
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Re: Agen Away - Booking of trains etc (for those using Ryana

Post by LeopoldButters »

sheepshagger wrote:With Ulster away now been and gone :( we move to the next away fixture. . .Agen (hopefuly to secure the 2nd of Wins against them)

Looking at the Trains website it seems they either recommend or require advance bookings.

Carcassonne train station is just 1km (or 3 miles from the airport) so I guess sharing taxis is the best option there. . .from there we'll need to catch a train (all the way to Agen via Toulouse) which is about EUR 28 each way.

The Ryanair flight arrives in on the Friday at 12.40pm. . .theres a train from Carcasssone leaving at 1.30pm (that has a layover in Toulouse so the total journey time is nearly 4 hours :( )

The Toulouse-Agen leg of the 1.30pm train needs to be reserved in advance (which can be done on the above site)

What time is that game kicking off, its down for 16.30, is that french time?
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Yes, 16:30 kick-off is French time, it has it on the tickets. Shagger, I'm on that flight on the Friday but am staying in Toulouse. I will look at booking tickets tomorrow I think.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

sheepshagger wrote:With Ulster away now been and gone :( we move to the next away fixture. . .Agen (hopefuly to secure the 2nd of Wins against them)

Hi Myself and some friends are taking the same route, I think we will go for the 1:30 train which includes a stop over in toulouse for 1.5hrs,,, hit a bar/have lunch. the second leg of the journey is a tgv so has to be reserved.

on the way back I think we will stay in Agen for both nights and get the 9:35am train back to carcassone , which has no stop overs. gets you back there at 11:31am anf the flight is at 1pm.

What hotel have you got ?? are you doing Agen or going to toulouse after the match ??
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

BlueBlue wrote:
What hotel have you got ?? are you doing Agen or going to toulouse after the match ??
Staying at the IBIS in Agen.

Doing Agen both Friday and Saturday night - I dont go back until Monday (although I think the bulk are staying in Agen Fri and Sat with a few heading back to Toulouse after the game on Saturday).

Be careful with that Sunday train - it doesnt give you much leeway if its not on time (some of the lads going back on the 1pm sunday flight are driving back from Agen on the Sunday morning).

Will be booking that Friday 1.30pm train later on today/tonight.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

BlueBlue wrote:

Hi Myself and some friends are taking the same route, I think we will go for the 1:30 train which includes a stop over in toulouse for 1.5hrs,,, hit a bar/have lunch. the second leg of the journey is a tgv so has to be reserved.

on the way back I think we will stay in Agen for both nights and get the 9:35am train back to carcassone , which has no stop overs. gets you back there at 11:31am anf the flight is at 1pm.

i was thinking of doing that myself, just a bit worried about the train being delayed or something for the return trip.

Another option was catching the 8pm train after the game and spending the nite in toulouse and catch a train on sunday morning to Carcasssone.

not over keen on driving so mite just take a chance!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Anyone know how to book rail tickets on the above site so that you can collect them once I get there (and not have them Posted) ?
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

sheepshagger wrote:Anyone know how to book rail tickets on the above site so that you can collect them once I get there (and not have them Posted) ?
Do you reckon it's too close to the event to get them posted out?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jrc wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Anyone know how to book rail tickets on the above site so that you can collect them once I get there (and not have them Posted) ?
Do you reckon it's too close to the event to get them posted out?
Dunno - it says that you must have 9 days before before you inetnd to start your journey (from tomorrow we still have 11 so i guess we should be alright).

A letter from NZ only takes a week to get here so it cant take that long to get something posted from France.

Fock it - might just go and book them, in the unlikley event they dont arrive id have an email confirm which i could present at the train station.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Fock it - booked the ticket. . . . got an email confirm.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Just booked mine and chose to have them posted out, but I realised afterwards that one of the options at the very start was 'Which country do you want to have the tickets delivered or collected' - I chose Ireland, but I'm guessing if I left it as 'France', I could've chosen to collect the tickets at the end of the process.

Oh well, if the tickets don't arrive, you can drop me off in Toulouse on your way to Agen!!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jrc wrote:Just booked mine and chose to have them posted out, but I realised afterwards that one of the options at the very start was 'Which country do you want to have the tickets delivered or collected' - I chose Ireland, but I'm guessing if I left it as 'France', I could've chosen to collect the tickets at the end of the process.

Oh well, if the tickets don't arrive, you can drop me off in Toulouse on your way to Agen!!
I tried that but it would'nt let me put in an irish address :? - we'll be fine 8)
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

sheepshagger wrote:
jrc wrote:Just booked mine and chose to have them posted out, but I realised afterwards that one of the options at the very start was 'Which country do you want to have the tickets delivered or collected' - I chose Ireland, but I'm guessing if I left it as 'France', I could've chosen to collect the tickets at the end of the process.

I tried that but it would'nt let me put in an irish address :? - we'll be fine 8)
Hopefully, I noticed at the end of my confirmation email that it says "This email can never replace a valid ticket"....
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

My Toulouse-Agen rail tickets arrived within a wekk of ordering them so you'll be fine.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Train Ticket arrived today - very efficient :D
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

sheepshagger wrote:Train Ticket arrived today - very efficient :D
Good news, hopefully mine will be waiting for me when I get home, I think I booked mine the same night as you...
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

sheepshagger wrote:Train Ticket arrived today - very efficient :D
got mine also :D