Pub crawl in Gloucester on friday afternoon anyone?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

BlueBlood
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueBlood »

how are you guys getting to Glaws from birmingham? u getting the train?
Decided to rent a car. Only 50 pound for 2 days between the 4 of us and thats not even the cheapest. Avis will give you a clio for 2 days for 37.80.
Planning on just leaving the car at the hotel till Sunday.
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

obrien_pa wrote:There's 3 of us getting the 9.30 flight to Birmingham. We'll definitely join up with the crawl as soon as we've dropped bags at the holiday inn..should be a good 'un! :D
I'll be on that flight too!
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

pogal wrote:Just in case people join at that point and end up searching for Kings - it may be worth noting that Kings is now called The Gate... :)
:idea: What a muppet! My mate walked into the Gate (now called TNT) the other day, and wondered why I'd said meet in the Gate. My gawd that place is a dive! Now I'm doing it.
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

jedifart wrote:
obrien_pa wrote:There's 3 of us getting the 9.30 flight to Birmingham. We'll definitely join up with the crawl as soon as we've dropped bags at the holiday inn..should be a good 'un! :D

All the best looking people are Jedi.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

We're on the early Birmingham flight (6:30 I think).
Will be a long day 8)
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

lads I can recommend pre-lunch double vodka redbulls, it really sets you up for the day
BlueBlood
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueBlood »

Here here!
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:
pogal wrote:Just in case people join at that point and end up searching for Kings - it may be worth noting that Kings is now called The Gate... :)
:idea: What a muppet! My mate walked into the Gate (now called TNT) the other day, and wondered why I'd said meet in the Gate. My gawd that place is a dive! Now I'm doing it.
So it's changed name again?! It was still The Gate last time I looked but gawd knows... If we don't even know what it's called - how are visitors going to know?!

Best of luck people! :D
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

No, No!!
Another, really horrid pub down Lower Eastgate St. used to be called The Gate, back in the mid nineties (and due to being 15 and not having free roam of nice pubs) used to go in occasionally. Now it's called TNT, it's down opposite H20 and Liquid, if you want alcho pops, vomit and fights* then it's the place for you!

*Allegedly
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:No, No!!
Another, really horrid pub down Lower Eastgate St. used to be called The Gate, back in the mid nineties (and due to being 15 and not having free roam of nice pubs) used to go in occasionally. Now it's called TNT, it's down opposite H20 and Liquid, if you want alcho pops, vomit and fights* then it's the place for you!

*Allegedly
Ah, I see, got a bit confused there for a minute! Apologies, didn't mean to cause more confusion!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:No, No!!

*Allegedly
I really don't see why we have to go to a special pub (the Gate?) for fighting - why can't we just fight (I presume with the Gloucester fans) in whichever pub we happen to be?
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Uncle Mort wrote: why can't we just fight (I presume with the Gloucester fans) in whichever pub we happen to be?
The fight can then spill over into the Shed during the game!
We'll lose our Ladyboys tag... splendid! :lol:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Leinsterman wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote: why can't we just fight (I presume with the Gloucester fans) in whichever pub we happen to be?
The fight can then spill over into the Shed during the game!
We'll lose our Ladyboys tag... splendid! :lol:
Damn!! I've only a terrace ticket - so I can't go into the shed - unless of course I fight my way in. We'll need a call that only we know - that no one will guess and when it's called it means every Leinster fan has to turn and start fighting with the nearest Gloucester fan, unless that Gloucester fan is already fighting in which case they need to go for the next nearest Gloucester fan in which case the next nearest and so on, remembering that we are Leinster fans first and rugby fans second so we only fight by the Queensbury rules. I suggest the call be something like "99" - no-one will ever guess that :wink:
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Uncle Mort wrote:
I really don't see why we have to go to a special pub (the Gate?) for fighting - why can't we just fight (I presume with the Gloucester fans) in whichever pub we happen to be?
You presume wrong! Any fighting and you'll see a hole in the wall in the shape of this Glaws fan as I leg it!
Big Deep Blue
Bookworm

Post by Big Deep Blue »

Followed by me if I have'nt beaten you to it
Where the blind leadeth the blind.....Get out of the way.
obrien_pa
Beginner

Post by obrien_pa »

sexy_rexy wrote:
jedifart wrote:

See you on the flight over, so!

And for all those advocating a bit of a fight in the Shed..can't us Jedi's just 'use the force'?!?!? :)
Quick on the draw, like the horse named McGraw, from the cartoon. Boom Shalak Lak Boom.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

obrien_pa wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:
jedifart wrote: I'll be on that flight too!

See you on the flight over, so!

And for all those advocating a bit of a fight in the Shed..can't us Jedi's just 'use the force'?!?!? :)
Good idea - there's always an easy way of sorting most things - you use the force and I'll savour the atmosphere.
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Oh my Gawd, what have I started??
Us Glawster rugby folk are a gentle bunch really!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:Oh my Gawd, what have I started??
It's alright Jim - us Leinster crowd use handbags for the fighting. We have a fine variety of handbags too! :P
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Leinsterman wrote:
Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:Oh my Gawd, what have I started??
It's alright Jim - us Leinster crowd use handbags for the fighting. We have a fine variety of handbags too! :P
Having been hit by a few handbags in my time (I'm innocent, the court never proved it!) - they can hurt! All sorts of buckles and what have you! :lol: