Pub crawl in Gloucester on friday afternoon anyone?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:Thanks a lot - I'm looking forward to it already.

Just to heighten my excitement to fever pitch can you indicate which of the chosen pubs sell HARP# - don't worry if you don't know - it will add to the excitement on the day
Just to kill off your excitement, I don't think anywhere in Gloucestershire sells harp, not even the off licences!
Anyone think Flash will refuse to go then? :shock:
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

LeinsterBabe wrote:

Just to heighten my excitement to fever pitch can you indicate which of the chosen pubs sell HARP# - don't worry if you don't know - it will add to the excitement on the day
Just to kill off your excitement, I don't think anywhere in Gloucestershire sells harp, not even the off licences!
Anyone think Flash will refuse to go then? :shock:
I notice Fungalboy has decided not to travel. Hmmm...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

What? Don't they know that its number 1 in Blind tests! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Flash Gordon wrote:

What? Don't they know that its number 1 in Blind tests! :shock: :shock: :shock:
You ok Flash? I know it's a shock. Maybe the trip will be an opportunity for you to brainwash another place.
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

1pm Sloanes 1
2pm Café René 2
3pm The Fountain 3
4pm The Gate (formerly known as Kings) 4
5pm The Kingsholm Inn aka The Jockey
6pm Teagues aka The White Hart
7pm Bars inside the Kingsholm Stadium.

Sloanes, Brunswick Rd. is opposite the road entrance to the big multi storey car park.
Café René, Greyfriars, Southgate St. is through an archway opposite the Golden Cross pub. They'll be an A board by the archway.
The Fountain, Westgate St. is through an alleyway opposite KFC, they'll be an A board there too.
The Gate (formally known as Kings), Northgate St. is on the corner of Hare Lane (very easy to find).
The Jockey and Teagues are opposite the main entrances to the GRFC ground. On my map above follow Worcester St, over a crossroads it becomes Kingsholm Road, they're there.
As you may have guessed, Gloucester centre is split into 4 main roads, North, South, East and Westgate St. It's very easy to find your way about.
The Cathedral is just off Westgate St. Just above the 3 on my map.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Jim, the Glaws fan on January 17th, 2007, 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Jim,

you rock.

Given the amount of work you have done on this, and what little you obviously do for your employer - you should be made an honorary leinsterfan.

I envisage being delayed somewhere around the Fountain in westgate street, close to KFC...
Get in the f%~king bag.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Thanks Jim See you at some point! (Hopefully 1) :clap:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

I'm trying to get a few fellow Gloucester supporters to meet up too, wouldn't want to be outnumbered by you lot!
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

We're flyin in on thursday nite and are lovin this pub crawl idea- we'll be well vocal for kick off.one o'clock sounds good. we need a starting location though and an itinery if anyone would do one- my resources are very scarce though so whats the thinks?
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

See above.
Hope people are still up for it, even though there's not much riding on the game for us. Wouldn't want to give you QF home advantage too easily!
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

I'm up for it - as a Glaws fan - as my brother is coming over from Ireland for the game and it would be nice to offer him a bit of good away atmosphere!

Be good to see everyone!
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

there will be 4 of us in on the 10am flight to birmingham, so once we drop our stuff off we should bethere between 1 - 2pm depending on trains to glaws!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

We should be arriving in Birmingham at about 10.30 so hopefully after a quick drive down to Gloucester a check in at the pub - we'll be able to come and find you somewhere along the way.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I wish I was going :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Psycho B wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I wish I was going :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So do I - hang on wait a minute I am !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Just in case people join at that point and end up searching for Kings - it may be worth noting that Kings is now called The Gate... :)
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

pogal wrote:Just in case people join at that point and end up searching for Kings - it may be worth noting that Kings is now called The Gate... :)
Very useful piece of info there pogal, Thanks :D
obrien_pa
Beginner

Post by obrien_pa »

There's 3 of us getting the 9.30 flight to Birmingham. We'll definitely join up with the crawl as soon as we've dropped bags at the holiday inn..should be a good 'un! :D
Quick on the draw, like the horse named McGraw, from the cartoon. Boom Shalak Lak Boom.
BlueBlood
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueBlood »

4 more for the 9.30 flight to birmingham. Looking like a grand day out!
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

BlueBlood wrote:4 more for the 9.30 flight to birmingham. Looking like a grand day out!
how are you guys getting to Glaws from birmingham? u getting the train?