The Gloucester Pub Crawl, Friday from 1pm note minor change!

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

The Gloucester Pub Crawl, Friday from 1pm note minor change!

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

Please not that one of the pubs was originally given it's old name- me being rather foolish, sorry!

1pm Sloanes 1
2pm Café René 2
3pm The Fountain 3
4pm The Gate (formerly known as Kings) 4
5pm The Kingsholm Inn aka The Jockey
6pm Teagues aka The White Hart
7pm Bars inside the Kingsholm Stadium.

Sloanes, Brunswick Rd. is opposite the road entrance to the big multi storey car park.
Café René, Greyfriars, Southgate St. is through an archway opposite the Golden Cross pub. They'll be an A board by the archway.
The Fountain, Westgate St. is through an alleyway opposite KFC, they'll be an A board there too.
The Gate (formally known as Kings), Northgate St. is on the corner of Hare Lane (very easy to find).
The Jockey and Teagues are opposite the main entrances to the GRFC ground. On my map above follow Worcester St, over a crossroads it becomes Kingsholm Road, they're there.
As you may have guessed, Gloucester centre is split into 4 main roads, North, South, East and Westgate St. It's very easy to find your way about.
The Cathedral is just off Westgate St. Just above the 3 on my map.

If people are up for coming, and judging by the original thread then people are, then great. I would have recommended some more, well Gloucester, pubs, but they are a lot smaller, and might have struggled. Please feel free to drink anywhere in Gloucester (except lower Eastgate St.) without fear of trouble! I'll try and promote this to as many Gloucester supporters as I can as well.
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Just bumping to the top. See you all tomorrow at 1pm. 8)
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

THanks Jim, you're certainly setting up the welcome. THe board is very quiet tonight they must be all ironing their jerseys and oiling the bodhrans. Make yourself known to us!
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

I'll be the one in the Glaws shirt. Haven't decided which one yet though...
It's Cherry and White by the way!
:wink:
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:I'll be the one in the Glaws shirt. Haven't decided which one yet though...
It's Cherry and White by the way!
:wink:
Sound man Jim, see you once we hit glaws. should be there for 1ish!
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Nice :)
I'm off to bed now.
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Well, that was a success I think. Crawled in at about 5am this morning, the head ache has now gone, and more rugby to watch on the telly.
If I was asleep in Café René when anyone left, then sorry. I fall asleep in there all the time!
Was a great night, cheers to the guys that bought me a whiskey.
Hope to do it all again soon.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Fair focks to you Jim for all the hospitality. Have to say that I was really impressed by the Glaws fans. Lots of great banter and craic, great fans great people! :clap:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us