Gloucester Weather Forecast for Friday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Gloucester Weather Forecast for Friday

Post by sheepshagger »

It says a bit of Drizzle and about 12 degrees - just about perfect :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2003
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

and 'low' pollution! happy days!
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

There was a weather report from Gloucester on Radio 5 this morning. The subject - "Extreme weather conditions"..... :cry:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Blazing sun? 90% humidity?
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

pogal
Beginner

Post by pogal »

Flash Gordon wrote:There was a weather report from Gloucester on Radio 5 this morning. The subject - "Extreme weather conditions"..... :cry:
It's not great across the whole of Gloucestershire today to be honest! But hopefully we've seen the worst - it's more strong winds than really heavy rain - so it should be okay. :)
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

pogal wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:There was a weather report from Gloucester on Radio 5 this morning. The subject - "Extreme weather conditions"..... :cry:
It's not great across the whole of Gloucestershire today to be honest! But hopefully we've seen the worst - it's more strong winds than really heavy rain - so it should be okay. :)
as I understand it we can expect a load of howling and hot air from the shed :wink:
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Snow on the way across Ireland and England. First we have to get out outta here. Have contingency plans - get up early.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Travel disrupted as storms hit UK

Heavy rain and gusts are sweeping across much of the UK
Gales and heavy downpours have affected travel across the UK.
Scotland has seen its first major snowfalls of 2007, while blown over lorries caused the M1 to close between junctions 29 and 30 in South Yorkshire.

The managing director of Birmingham Airport, Richard Heard, died after a branch fell on his car in Shropshire.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, warning of gusts of up to 70mph, and Network Rail has brought in speed restrictions on some lines.

The M18 has been closed between junctions 4 and 7 northbound and junctions 6 and 7 southbound.

The accident which killed Mr Heard, 49, happened on the B4373 Bridgnorth to Broseley road.

A second car heading in the opposite direction also collided with part of the branch but its driver was uninjured, West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

A man was taken to hospital after Bar Vin's roof collapsed

In the south, ferry services to the Isle of Wight have been cancelled and Southampton Container Terminal is closed.

A man was taken to hospital after he was injured when the roof of Bar Vin in Bournemouth, Dorset, collapsed as winds of up to 80mph hit the coast.

Train operators ONE and GNER are operating a revised and reduced timetable on the East Coast Mainline.

And the Shrewsbury to Chester rail line has been closed after a train collided with a tree just outside Chirk Station, just over the Welsh border.

Two men were taken to hospital overnight suffering from hypothermia after becoming disorientated while walking in heavy rain and fog in the Staffordshire Moorlands on Wednesday.

The weather has been causing problems elsewhere in the country, including:

Some 25,000 people have been left without power in an area from Oxford to Poole and Chichester

Power cables have been brought down across the road in Bugle near St Austell in Cornwall

In Kent, police warned of possible power cuts and the port of Dover, the M25 Dartford river crossing and the Sheppey Crossing were all shut

There was also snow and ice in County Durham, where part of the A68 at Tow Law was closed for a short time after lorries and cars skidded into ditches

Snow fell on the M62 in Yorkshire where it crosses the Pennines
Cold snap

BBC Weather forecaster Carol Kirkwood said wind and rain will pick up in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the north of England during the afternoon.

Scotland has seen its first major snowfalls of the year

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, wind speeds will pick up throughout the day, reaching 60 to 70mph in some parts and 80mph on high ground.

South and west facing coastlines are expected to bear the brunt of the storms.

Central Scotland Police said several cars became stuck in snow on the A809 near Killearn, while Strathclyde has seen snow on the M74 south of Hamilton, Lanarkshire.

HAVE YOUR SAY
When I went out to get a sandwich at lunchtime, I nearly got blown off the pavement

Jamie Vaide, London

Send us your comments

The Highways Agency has advised all motorists to take extra care and to plan their routes in advance.

P&O Ferries reported delays on their crossings from Dover and have advised passengers due to sail from the port on 18 January not to travel.

Friday is expected to be calmer but the country could be facing a cold snap next week.

Despite an unusually mild start to January, forecasters have warned that temperatures are likely to plummet beyond the weekend.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us