Wasps away.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Spraggs
Bookworm

Wasps away.

Post by Spraggs »

It's still nil all in the last pool match this year, but if Northampton manage to beat BO with a bonus point and deny the visitors one then I'll shave my head and eat the hair.

If Biarritz do indeed win then we'll get Wasps away, very winnable. Probably the best away fixture we could have hoped for. Munster seem to have been less fortunate drawing either BO or Llanelli, two in-form teams (granted the second half against Irish was cr@p but I'd still say the Scarlets are better than Wasps.

Hopefully the match could be played not in Wickomb (Wasps' home stadium, 10500) and could be moved to London, that'd be a good trip!!! :D
Am considering giving myself a sexy Cedric Heymans pirate scar.
D4 Dorce
Mullet

Post by D4 Dorce »

What happens if Northhampton win?
IRISH BY BIRTH, LEINSTER BY THE GRACE OF B'OD

Leinster Magner's League Champions 07/08!
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

D4 Dorce wrote:What happens if Northhampton win?
think we play Llanelli there.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Depends on the win. But who ever tops the group is 1st or 2nd seed with the other being 7th or 8th. So it doesnt really affect us. As far as i can see this match is basiclly to decide who plays at home in a reapeat fixture in the QF
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Beer Baron wrote:
think we play Llanelli there.
No. LLanelli will be in the top 2 no matter what.

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
brendan
Bookworm

Post by brendan »

Would love to book the flights for this trip this afternoon. We know who we are playing, what are the chances of tickets? If it's played at Adams Park I'm thinking slim.

If I thought the tickets were likely to be easy enough to come by then i'd book the flights tonight.

Brendan
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

brendan wrote:Would love to book the flights for this trip this afternoon. We know who we are playing, what are the chances of tickets? If it's played at Adams Park I'm thinking slim.

If I thought the tickets were likely to be easy enough to come by then i'd book the flights tonight.

Brendan
Are you a season ticket holder? If not they will be very difficult. Cant see wasps moving it

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
brendan
Bookworm

Post by brendan »

Yeah, ST holder.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

epaddy wrote:
brendan wrote:Would love to book the flights for this trip this afternoon. We know who we are playing, what are the chances of tickets? If it's played at Adams Park I'm thinking slim.

Brendan
Are you a season ticket holder? If not they will be very difficult. Cant see wasps moving it
I'd say it will be tough for season ticket holders. The branch will get around 2K and Tout Travel will need to be looked after. :roll:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

brendan wrote:Yeah, ST holder.
I think we get 25% of the ground so should get 2,500 tickets. A good chance of getting one so

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Spraggs
Bookworm

Post by Spraggs »

brendan wrote:Yeah, ST holder.
I'd reckon most St holders who go over will be able to get tickets. A quarter of 10500 is 2625. There are 4000 Leinster ST holders. How many of us would be going over. Scrap that, this is gonna be difficult. Are we sure the venue couldn't be changed?
Am considering giving myself a sexy Cedric Heymans pirate scar.
brendan
Bookworm

Post by brendan »

2,500 to the whole branch though, correct? I'd be thinking just 2,000 to the ST holders. There are 3,500 ST holders, and I reckon 75% of those will want a ticket. That's 2,625 people looking for 2,000 tickets.

Comments on the above maths are very welcome.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Anyone know when the quarter final date and time will be announced? I know it's the weekend of the 31st March, but want to wait for the date/time before I book flights....
brendan
Bookworm

Post by brendan »

Forgot about Tout Travel in my Maths. Tickets for this could be difficult.
leargas
Bookworm

Post by leargas »

Having just read through the relevant arithmetic, if my calculations are correct, it looks like W v L irrespective of the result of the Biarritz match.This match is of relevance to Munster's destination -at the moment it looks as if they'll be heading to sunny Spain.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Wasps it is, anyone know when they confirm dates and times.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

jrc wrote:Anyone know when the quarter final date and time will be announced? I know it's the weekend of the 31st March, but want to wait for the date/time before I book flights....
I'm in the same boat - cant really do the Friday-Monday thing (to cover all potential kickoff slots) not sure when we find out the actual fixture date. . .flights are already high to London that weekend anyway.

Tickets are going to be tough to get regardless of if your a ST holder or not. . .as Combat says Tout Travel will be accomodated first :evil:

Why would Wasps want to move it from their 'home ground' ???
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Janey, 2 days of relief at getting the 6 nations tickets sorted and now I have to worry about Quarter Final tickets.
Lazarus
Learner

Post by Lazarus »

leargas wrote:Having just read through the relevant arithmetic, if my calculations are correct, it looks like W v L irrespective of the result of the Biarritz match.This match is of relevance to Munster's destination -at the moment it looks as if they'll be heading to sunny Spain.
Pairings are.

Bopb V Northampton
Scarlets V Munster
Wasps V Leinster
Leicester V Stade

Reckon. Munsters game will be Friday 30th in stradey,
Leinster in Reading on Saturday at 1pm saturday
Leicester V Stade. Welford Road at 3pm saturday
Bopb will play on sunday .
LongWinded
Learner

Post by LongWinded »

Anyone know when the details of the venue/date/allocation will be available?