Wasps away.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Just taking a quick look at the Wasps website. http://www.wasps.co.uk/TicketsHub.ink

By the looks of things Wasps sell tickets online for most games, and hopefully this will be no different.

I can't seem to register from an Irish address. Would any of our UK exiles like to do the honours and sign up for email updates?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
The Pride Of Ireland
Knowledgeable

Post by The Pride Of Ireland »

I'd be happy to do it for you.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

harryp wrote:Just taking a quick look at the Wasps website. http://www.wasps.co.uk/TicketsHub.ink

By the looks of things Wasps sell tickets online for most games, and hopefully this will be no different.

I can't seem to register from an Irish address. Would any of our UK exiles like to do the honours and sign up for email updates?
Harry - id be very suprised if Wasps were stupid enough to sell QF tickets online, they wont be able to service all their ST holders let alone have any 'spares' going.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read ... 762&sid=96

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read ... 771&sid=96

From the unofficial Wasps forum, capacity is approx 10k, no mention of moving game to another ground, and Season Ticket holders have fallen in the last couple of years?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

But Wasps have a real supporter problem.....they just don't have any :?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

sheepshagger wrote:
harryp wrote:Just taking a quick look at the Wasps website. http://www.wasps.co.uk/TicketsHub.ink

Harry - id be very suprised if Wasps were stupid enough to sell QF tickets online, they wont be able to service all their ST holders let alone have any 'spares' going.
I would have thought so too, but doesn't appear to be the case?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

harryp wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

I would have thought so too, but doesn't appear to be the case?
We don't know yet though.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

They wont move the game - why would they want to give up their 'home advantage'?. . .look at how many people here wanted a home QF in Donnybrook (even though we could of sold more tkts up North).

We will get about 2000 tickets thru the ERC allocation, take off Tout Travels allocation and we could well and truly be screwed. Wasps will offer their ST holders more than 1. . people who wouldnt normally go to a Wasps game will want these tickets.

I can't do a Fri-Mon flight (to cover all the potential kickoff slots) am going to have to wait (RTE said Tuesday for the date confirmation? but someone else said 12 Feb??)

They wont sell them online - we wouldnt now would we ?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Probably would knowing our lot. Cant see myself going to the game now even if I got a ticket which is a shame.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

epaddy wrote:Probably would knowing our lot. Cant see myself going to the game now even if I got a ticket which is a shame.
For who exactly??? :lol:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
epaddy wrote:Probably would knowing our lot. Cant see myself going to the game now even if I got a ticket which is a shame.
The coolfreak
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

From the official forum.....

http://www.wasps.co.uk/bbsview.ink?topi ... =S&board=1

http://www.wasps.co.uk/bbsview.ink?topi ... =S&board=1

These boys are seriously worried about losing their "home advantage" in a 10k stadium?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

epaddy wrote:
Leinster Zulu wrote:
The coolfreak
We all know he won't go now because you're not going :lol:
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

Spraggs wrote:
jhc99 wrote:As usual bloody working that weekend and my only chance of a swap in the weekend of the 17th when I've booked to go to Rome. Anyone have any good excuses for work avoidance?
Tell them you have syphilis, nobody questions that.
Already used that one, many a time. Work like a charm. :)
In BOD we trust
the economist
Bookworm

Post by the economist »

I see Magners are a main sponser would they have any leverage in getting a bigger ground as their are two Magners sides playing?
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

sheepshagger wrote: I can't do a Fri-Mon flight (to cover all the potential kickoff slots) am going to have to wait (RTE said Tuesday for the date confirmation? but someone else said 12 Feb??)
One idea is to buy a cheap Mon-Fri ticket and when the dates are announced you can just buy the one leg at the more expensive rates. So if the game is announced on Sun for example, you buy a one over on the Sat and use the return on Mon from your original.

Not ideal but a possibility.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Lazarus wrote:
leargas wrote:Having just read through the relevant arithmetic, if my calculations are correct, it looks like W v L irrespective of the result of the Biarritz match.This match is of relevance to Munster's destination -at the moment it looks as if they'll be heading to sunny Spain.
Pairings are.

Bopb V Northampton
Scarlets V Munster
Wasps V Leinster
Leicester V Stade

Reckon. Munsters game will be Friday 30th in stradey,
Leinster in Reading on Saturday at 1pm saturday
Leicester V Stade. Welford Road at 3pm saturday
Bopb will play on sunday .
There was no Friday quarter final last year, hopefully it'll be the same this year. Here's last year's fixtures:
www.erc.com wrote:SATURDAY 1 APRIL
12.30 Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby (Sky Sports / Sport+)
16.00 Toulouse v Leinster (FR2 / RTE / Sky Sports)
17.30 Munster v Perpignan (RTE / Sky Sports / Sport+)

SUNDAY 2 APRIL
18.00 Biarritz Olympique v Sale Sharks (Sport+ / Sky Sports)
IMC
Bookworm

Post by IMC »

Even if people cant travel they should try to get their ticket and make sure that fans who can travel get them!

Reckon Wasps are about the best option from a rugby perspective that we could have gotten but as they are highly unlikely to move ground it will be ordinary at best from a location viewpoint!

Will Denis get Shaggy' spot on the Irish side?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Waps don't play on Saturdays, so the game will either be on Friday or Sunday. As someone just posted above there were no games on Friday last season, I reckon it will be Sunday.

With regards season ticket holders / fans, the management put prices up massively this year (it cost me £27 to go to AP in September, to stand on the terrace. I think seats start at £35), and as AP is probably the worst ground to watch rugby in in England, fans have stayed away.

The game will sell out, I don't think it will be moved, but I reckon those of you who want to go, should be able to get tickets. I'm already on their mailing list (having got my ticket through them), so if I hear anything I'll stick it up.

Also, I have a friend at Wasps, and she's done me a guide, so I've sent it to Limecat, and I'm sure it'll get distributed.

My tips are not to stay in Wycombe, and to leave as soon as possible after the game!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

claire_m wrote:
My tips are not to stay in Wycombe, and to leave as soon as possible after the game!
Am having to sell my body to do the overnighter for this :( - where would you recommend staying if not Wycombe?

If it does work out to be a Sunday thats another day off work (Monday) and more shite with the UK Rail services sunday service (had enough grief the weekend just gone) :cry: