Wasps away - whadda you think you'll do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

How long will your QF weekend away be for?

Do a same day trip
9%
Just an overnighter for me
31%
Fock it, will book Fri-Monday to cover all the options
30%
I'll wait and see what Tout Travel come up with
11%
Don't think I'll make it
19%

Total votes: 54

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Psycho B wrote:
icebaby wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:For a laugh - try any of the "London" airports that weekend, even Birmingham!!!
The price has been hiked up for just about every airport - and don't even talk to me about Aer Lingus, BA or FlyBMI.
With only 2,500 tickets for us there'll be a few empty planes at that rate.
Yeah but by all accounts a lot people here aren't going to travel because even though a ball hasn't been kicked, the referee hasn't been jeered and the final whistle hasn't been blown were already through to the semi finals to play BO :evil:
Sorry lads a little bit more of that sort of presuming and no one will be going to Wasps and the lads won't have there 16th man behind them.

C'MON LEINSTER!
Well said Biddy.

We can take 5,000 tickets for this game, and get their easily and cheaply enough, be it planes, trains or cars. Just get your arses onto the mainland, you'll find all roads lead to London. :shock:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

harryp wrote:Just get your arses onto the mainland, you'll find all roads lead to London. :shock:
...and then you'll find that High Wycombe is nowhere near London!! :D
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

chillers wrote:
harryp wrote:Just get your arses onto the mainland, you'll find all roads lead to London. :shock:
...and then you'll find that High Wycombe is nowhere near London!! :D
If people want to get there, they'll get there. If people want an excuse, they'll generally find one. :twisted:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
Psycho B wrote:
icebaby wrote: With only 2,500 tickets for us there'll be a few empty planes at that rate.
Yeah but by all accounts a lot people here aren't going to travel because even though a ball hasn't been kicked, the referee hasn't been jeered and the final whistle hasn't been blown were already through to the semi finals to play BO :evil:
Sorry lads a little bit more of that sort of presuming and no one will be going to Wasps and the lads won't have there 16th man behind them.

C'MON LEINSTER!
Well said Biddy.

We can take 5,000 tickets for this game, and get their easily and cheaply enough, be it planes, trains or cars. Just get your arses onto the mainland, you'll find all roads lead to London. :shock:
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we'll take 5000 tickets Harry, particularly now that people know that there's a semi-final looming in San Sebastian.

I think we'll be lucky to get 1000 over there to be honest.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:
Psycho B wrote: Yeah but by all accounts a lot people here aren't going to travel because even though a ball hasn't been kicked, the referee hasn't been jeered and the final whistle hasn't been blown were already through to the semi finals to play BO :evil:

C'MON LEINSTER!
Well said Biddy.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we'll take 5000 tickets Harry, particularly now that people know that there's a semi-final looming in San Sebastian.

??

Wasps aren't well supported and every Paddy in London will be after a ticket. We've got an allocation of 2,500 which will be taken in full.

Sounds to me like people are already suffering from the classic Leinster problem of assuming we're going to win the game?? We putting the cart before the horse again, only to fall flat on our faces at the first?? Again. Sure we've a SF in the South of France to go to?

Funny thing is, we call the Munster boys bandwagon jumpers.....?

If we were playing against Stade Francais in Paris would we be having this conversation? :roll:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote: Well said Biddy.

??

Wasps aren't well supported and every Paddy in London will be after a ticket. We've got an allocation of 2,500 which will be taken in full.

Sounds to me like people are already suffering from the classic Leinster problem of assuming we're going to win the game?? We putting the cart before the horse again, only to fall flat on our faces at the first?? Again. Sure we've a SF in the South of France to go to?

If we were playing against Stade Francais in Paris would we be having this conversation? :roll:
Here here, harry!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

""I think we'll be lucky to get 1000 over there to be honest. ""

Lots of people who didn't go to Glaws have told me they want to go to the Quarters, one has even foregone his biannual trip to Edinburgh as this year they decided to support Leinster instead. THen there are the people who went to Toulouse and havn't found out about the delights of Wycombe yet. Ok I think it's time to put out all feelers for tickets.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote: Well said Biddy.

??

You put the same argument before the Glaws game telling me that you were certain we'd get 3000-3500 if memory serves and I reckon we got 1000. 1500 max.

There are about 1000 hardcore who go to as many games as they can afford. The rest ARE bandwagon jumpers and High Wycombe is the least glamourous away fixture we've played.

You've also got to realise, not everyone's 25 on a decent income with no liabilities. People have mortgages to pay and its January and some even have familes they like to see every now and again.... I've been to every away game this year and am not sure I can afford to go. I know hardcore guys like Dave Cahill, Big Deep Blue, CKav, Sheepshagger are also struggling on this one.

By the way, Wasps will DEFINITELY take their allocation.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we'll take 5000 tickets Harry, particularly now that people know that there's a semi-final looming in San Sebastian.

??

You put the same argument before the Glaws game telling me that you were certain we'd get 3000-3500 if memory serves and I reckon we got 1000. 1500 max.

No way. You came from the Longford late in the afternoon, never hit town, or after. I was in half a dozen pubs over the afternoon, and again at night. All packed with Blue. 3,000 is a better estimate.

There are about 1000 hardcore who go to as many games as they can afford. The rest ARE bandwagon jumpers and High Wycombe is the least glamourous away fixture we've played.

True about High Wycombe, but not about the 1,000. There are 5,000+ who go to as many away games as they can, for some its 1, for some it's 6. But as the competition goes further more people put in the extra effort.

You've also got to realise, not everyone's 25 on a decent income with no liabilities. People have mortgages to pay and its January and some even have familes they like to see every now and again.... I've been to every away game this year and am not sure I can afford to go. I know hardcore guys like Dave Cahill, Big Deep Blue, CKav, Sheepshagger are also struggling on this one.

I'm comfortable? No responsibilities? :lol: Get real. 5 hours OT so far this week. Thats how I'm going. Its a big ask, I realise that, but people will travel.

By the way, Wasps will DEFINITELY take their allocation

The season ticket holders (5 - 6k) will, the rest will go on general sale and be snapped up by ourselves and ex pats.
[/b]
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

I'm seriously struggling to afford this, and there's not a chance I could make it to the semi if I went to London. I'm half thinking of not going to the QF on the chance we'll make it to the semi. I'll probably regret it if I do but the way I figure if we lose I won't miss much anyway.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Sorry but I took my estimate by who was in the ground. The Shed's capacity is 4500. We had almost nobody in there. The terrace on the other side (where we were) has a capacity of around 1500-2000 and we didn't occupy all of that. I was in there 1.30 minutes before kick off and that terrace was half full with Glaws fans already cos our lads rolled up late from the pubs. We had nobody in the main stand and nobody in the Buildbase.

Leinster rugby has been playing European Cup rugby for over ten years. Only once in our entire history have got the numbers you are estimating and that was for a glamour fixture against Toulouse in a lovely part of the world. That aside we have never got more than 2K - even in a fantastic location like Bath.

I don't know how many Wasps tickets will go on sale, but if I were Wasps I'd be offering tickets to season ticket holders (I have mates who are season ticket holders there and I know they are entitled to bring friends) or to people in 3 packs.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

I'll admit to being wary of posting in this thread, cos if Harry is comfortable, God knows what Flash is going to say about me. :wink: And in fairness I work part-time in London and have family there so I'll probably add insult to injury by not having to pay for my own flights or accommodation. But the purpose of my post is not to gloat, or to chastise people who have moved on to thoughts of the SF already (confession: I've booked flights to Bilbao :oops:), but to suggest that we channel our energies into coming up with ways to get as many people as possible to the Wasps game? When people were dreaming of a final in Cardff last year didn't Harry look into booking a bus? It sounds like High Wycombe is nowhere to be hanging around in, so maybe a round trip on the ferry/bus is an option worth exploring. My understanding of geography is limited in the extreme and I have to confess to losing my way half way thru hornet's post in the other thread, so maybe I'm talking nonsense here, but the point remains that I think we should all try to focus on maximising support at the Wasps game.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:I'll admit to being wary of posting in this thread, cos if Harry is comfortable, God knows what Flash is going to say about me. :wink: And in fairness I work part-time in London and have family there so I'll probably add insult to injury by not having to pay for my own flights or accommodation. But the purpose of my post is not to gloat, or to chastise people who have moved on to thoughts of the SF already (confession: I've booked flights to Bilbao :oops:), but to suggest that we channel our energies into coming up with ways to get as many people as possible to the Wasps game? When people were dreaming of a final in Cardff last year didn't Harry look into booking a bus? It sounds like High Wycombe is nowhere to be hanging around in, so maybe a round trip on the ferry/bus is an option worth exploring. My understanding of geography is limited in the extreme and I have to confess to losing my way half way thru hornet's post in the other thread, so maybe I'm talking nonsense here, but the point remains that I think we should all try to focus on maximising support at the Wasps game.
The 25 year old with no liabilities was not intended to refer specifically to Harry Tara. I was referring to a segment of the supporters 20-30 who don't have families/mortgages etc and who have high disposible incomes. Which, from your post, is clearly a bracket you fit into.

A bus is definitely an option alright - ferry from Pembroke would have you in High Wycombe in 4 hours I reckon. We'd need to look at ferry times, cost and interest. But its worth a look.

We are also looking at working with Aer Arann to see if they are interested in a charter flight.

So stuff is happening and we do need to do this cos lots of people are strapped at the moment.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash,

You took your estimate by what you saw in the ground. At 7.30 on a cold wet Friday evening when colours don't exactly show up. There were many Leinster fans in the Shed, and in the Buildbase as Duke has stated, and up and down the entire terrace. Just because they aren't singing, or wearing jackets doesn't mean that Leinster fans aren't there. We've been having this problem for years in Donnybrook, RDS & LR remember. :wink:

I take my estimate by what was in Gloucester City both before and after. I will concede that 3,000 could be an overestimation, but I will assure you there were comfortably 2,000 Leinster Fans in the ground and then some. :wink:

There were 3,000 people in Edinburgh in October.

Buddy, just because YOU don't see them, or know them doesn't mean that the Leinster fans aren't there.

By the same token, just because certain people can't go to the next game, doesn't mean that there isn't a queue already forming for their ticket.

Tara,

Not a bad idea about the bus. Could be worth looking into after ko is confirmed.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote:I'll admit to being wary of posting in this thread, cos if Harry is comfortable, God knows what Flash is going to say about me. :wink: And in fairness I work part-time in London and have family there so I'll probably add insult to injury by not having to pay for my own flights or accommodation. But the purpose of my post is not to gloat, or to chastise people who have moved on to thoughts of the SF already (confession: I've booked flights to Bilbao :oops:), but to suggest that we channel our energies into coming up with ways to get as many people as possible to the Wasps game? When people were dreaming of a final in Cardff last year didn't Harry look into booking a bus? It sounds like High Wycombe is nowhere to be hanging around in, so maybe a round trip on the ferry/bus is an option worth exploring. My understanding of geography is limited in the extreme and I have to confess to losing my way half way thru hornet's post in the other thread, so maybe I'm talking nonsense here, but the point remains that I think we should all try to focus on maximising support at the Wasps game.
The 25 year old with no liabilities was not intended to refer specifically to Harry Tara. I was referring to a segment of the supporters 20-30 who don't have families/mortgages etc and who have high disposible incomes. Which, from your post, is clearly a bracket you fit into.

A bus is definitely an option alright - ferry from Pembroke would have you in High Wycombe in 4 hours I reckon. We'd need to look at ferry times, cost and interest. But its worth a look.

We are also looking at working with Aer Arann to see if they are interested in a charter flight.

So stuff is happening and we do need to do this cos lots of people are strapped at the moment.
20 to 30? I'll take that. ;) And as for families causing people to miss H Cup games, believe me that is something to which I can relate. :x

Glad to hear plans are afoot. :D
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

harryp wrote:Flash,

You took your estimate by what you saw in the ground. At 7.30 on a cold wet Friday evening when colours don't exactly show up. There were many Leinster fans in the Shed, and in the Buildbase as Duke has stated, and up and down the entire terrace. Just because they aren't singing, or wearing jackets doesn't mean that Leinster fans aren't there. We've been having this problem for years in Donnybrook, RDS & LR remember. :wink:

I take my estimate by what was in Gloucester City both before and after. I will concede that 3,000 could be an overestimation, but I will assure you there were comfortably 2,000 Leinster Fans in the ground and then some. :wink:

Buddy, just because YOU don't see them, or know them doesn't mean that the Leinster fans aren't there.

By the same token, just because certain people can't go to the next game, doesn't mean that there isn't a queue already forming for their ticket.

Tara,

Not a bad idea about the bus. Could be worth looking into after ko is confirmed.
Great. I won't be taking it myself of course - I intend to travel by private jet. ;)
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:Flash,

Tara,

How are they Leinster fans if they don't actually go to the game? :? And Duke said there were a couple of hundred in the Buildbase....They may not be BLue clad maniacs, but they don't usually wear Glaws shirts and jump up and down when Glaws score.... :wink:

As for 3000 Leinster fans in Edinburgh.......I really don't know where to begin on that estimate....... :roll:
mdesmond
Beginner

I need x4

Post by mdesmond »

Hi Guys

lets not get carried away - BO is a long way off, we habe to get thru WASPS first. If the crowd does not rally behind the team there then forget the San S trip (even if its that venue).

I am going over to WASPS and I need x4 tickets - so if there are any STH who get an allocation I am in the market.

I didn't go to the GLAWS, Embra, or Agen games as I was saving for the playoffs - I will be travelling the roads to Twickers now if necessary.

BTW - can anyone tell me what allocation did lowly Terrace STHs like myself get for the GLAWS game? Would I be able to get x4 straight up?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

So people go to Glaws but not to the game? 200+ in the Buildbase, 500+ in the Shed, 1000+ on our side of the ground, another couple of hundred on the Terrace under the Corpo Boxes. Thats 2k +++++. Not 1,000?

Watch the Embra game. That crowd was 50:50.

If Wasps ST's are like ours, there will be no friends, or 3 packs, the game stands alone. Has to, we're entitled to 50% of the gate. We're not going to let them fill the ground for nothing?

btw, I'd honestly q your marketing skills if you think that the 20 - 30 age bracket are loaded, and without a care or a problem in the world. :roll:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

harryp wrote:So people go to Glaws but not to the game? 200+ in the Buildbase, 500+ in the Shed, 1000+ on our side of the ground, another couple of hundred on the Terrace under the Corpo Boxes. Thats 2k +++++. Not 1,000?

Watch the Embra game. That crowd was 50:50.

If Wasps ST's are like ours, there will be no friends, or 3 packs, the game stands alone. Has to, we're entitled to 50% of the gate. We're not going to let them fill the ground for nothing?

btw, I'd honestly q your marketing skills if you think that the 20 - 30 age bracket are loaded, and without a care or a problem in the world. :roll:
Harry we are only entitled to 25%
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter