Wasps away - whadda you think you'll do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

How long will your QF weekend away be for?

Do a same day trip
9%
Just an overnighter for me
31%
Fock it, will book Fri-Monday to cover all the options
30%
I'll wait and see what Tout Travel come up with
11%
Don't think I'll make it
19%

Total votes: 54

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Just nicked this from the pests:

London Wasps will play Leinster in the 2007 Heieneken Cup Quarter Finals, to be played over the weekend of 30 March - 1 April

The full draw, with rankings in brackets, is:

Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque (1) v Northampton Saints (8)
Llanelli Scarlets (2) v Munster (7)
London Wasps (3) v Leinster (6)
Leicester Tigers (4) v Stade Francais Paris (5)

The dates, kick-off times and venues will be confirmed this week.

Tickets will go on sale shortly and season ticket holders will have priority.

Also, from the ERC:

The eight remaining teams in the Heineken Cup know their quarter-final opponents but the potential semi-final lineups will be decided by a draw at Twickenham Stadium tomorrow.
The semi-final draw of the 2006 / 2007 Heineken Cup will be made tomorrow (Tuesday, 23 January) at Twickenham Stadium at 1:45pm.
The draw will decide which winning quarter-finalists will face each other in the semi-finals at venues selected by ERC.

The fixtures for Heineken Cup quarter-finals will be announced later this week and the venues will be confirmed at a later date.

The quarter-final lineups are as follows:

Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque v Northampton Saints
Llanelli Scarlets v Munster
London Wasps v Leinster
Leicester Tigers v Stade Francais Paris
Spraggs
Bookworm

Post by Spraggs »

Overnight for me hopefully.
Am considering giving myself a sexy Cedric Heymans pirate scar.
dmurph
Beginner

Post by dmurph »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Phil06 wrote:Crazy Dave is saying Birmingham?!? (That why they call him CRAZY?!) :lol:

Nobody's purrrrfect :twisted:
In Crazy Daves defence Birmingham may not be that bad an idea. The trip is about 80 miles but as it is all motorway (M42/M40) it may only be an hour and a half tops. Luton Airport may also be another option for you.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

There's always a cheap flight to Bristol , base in Bath as it's so popular and get the train to / from the match.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

icebaby wrote:There's always a cheap flight to Bristol , base in Bath as it's so popular and get the train to / from the match.
Actually - I was looking at that option earlier and the flights with Ryanair are at the €40 mark for a single (i.e. €80 return ex taxes).
I was puzzled by this until I remembered that the Llanelli/Munster game is on that weekend so Ryanair are covering all the options. :cry:
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Leinsterman wrote:
icebaby wrote:There's always a cheap flight to Bristol , base in Bath as it's so popular and get the train to / from the match.
Actually - I was looking at that option earlier and the flights with Ryanair are at the €40 mark for a single (i.e. €80 return ex taxes).
I was puzzled by this until I remembered that the Llanelli/Munster game is on that weekend so Ryanair are covering all the options. :cry:
Oops forgot that little event. BAck to starting blocks.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

For a laugh - try any of the "London" airports that weekend, even Birmingham!!!
The price has been hiked up for just about every airport - and don't even talk to me about Aer Lingus, BA or FlyBMI.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Leinsterman wrote:For a laugh - try any of the "London" airports that weekend, even Birmingham!!!
The price has been hiked up for just about every airport - and don't even talk to me about Aer Lingus, BA or FlyBMI.
With only 2,500 tickets for us there'll be a few empty planes at that rate.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Leinsterman wrote:For a laugh - try any of the "London" airports that weekend, even Birmingham!!!
It was like that on Saturday evening though :?
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

There's still Ryanair flights to Stansted from 8:30am Saturday to 9:30pm Sunday, for 135 euro return....
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

dmurph wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Phil06 wrote:Crazy Dave is saying Birmingham?!? (That why they call him CRAZY?!) :lol:

In Crazy Daves defence Birmingham may not be that bad an idea. The trip is about 80 miles but as it is all motorway (M42/M40) it may only be an hour and a half tops. Luton Airport may also be another option for you.
Luton is closer than Brimingham. But train travel time is longer coz you have to go into London, involving two transfers, to get back to Wycombe.

More direct from Brum. Trains every 20-30 mins. One transfer and train takes less time. ! I'm already sorted for the weekend. :wink: :wink:
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Phil06 wrote:Go sell CRAZY some place else! :lol:
Please elaborate :?: :?: :? :? :?
T - 45
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

T.C.B. wrote:
jrc wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Overnight I'd say maybe ferry and drive
How long is the drive from Holyhead? I remember doing it by train once and it was horrendous....
6-7 hours to central London. My sister lives in Putney and has done the drive a fair few times. You also have to contend with the M6 motorway outside Birmingham - a traffic jam moving at 80 miles an hour. V difficult driving.
Just did it in December in 4.30 hours. Wasn't caning it either, the new M6 toll road is a big improvement. Also High Wycombe is on the East side, so you might do it in 4.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Hiya,
Fly into H'Row.
H'row Express to Paddington (20 min)
Paddington to Marylebone (10 min)
M'bone to High Wycombe (60 min)

From WASPS site:
Rail Travel

Get to Adams Park by train from London Marylebone. Trains depart approximately 4 times an hour, and a free shuttle bus service operates on matchdays between High Wycombe Station and Adams Park. See below for more details of shuttle bus services.

We recommend you always check the train times well in advance of your commencing your journey.

As of today, Tues 23rd, Aer Lingus is E227 gross pp, day trip Sat or Sun.

Billy H.
[/quote][/u][/b]
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Probably cheaper flying to Paris and getting the Eurostar back :lol:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

dmurph wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:

Yeah CD says Brummie or Luton are max 2 hours away
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Psycho B wrote:
dmurph wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Yeah CD says Brummie or Luton are max 2 hours away
If you go to Luton (or even Stanstead, as they're pretty close to each other) and you go either on the day of the game, or are going home on the day of the game, you'll probably need to hire a car, as they're both the other side of London. Should be able to do Luton in a couple of hours by car though.
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

icebaby wrote:
Yeah but by all accounts a lot people here aren't going to travel because even though a ball hasn't been kicked, the referee hasn't been jeered and the final whistle hasn't been blown were already through to the semi finals to play BO :evil:
Sorry lads a little bit more of that sort of presuming and no one will be going to Wasps and the lads won't have there 16th man behind them.

C'MON LEINSTER!
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Psycho B wrote:
icebaby wrote:
Yeah but by all accounts a lot people here aren't going to travel because even though a ball hasn't been kicked, the referee hasn't been jeered and the final whistle hasn't been blown were already through to the semi finals to play BO :evil:
Sorry lads a little bit more of that sort of presuming and no one will be going to Wasps and the lads won't have there 16th man behind them.

C'MON LEINSTER!
From what I hear, Wasps won't have a 16th man, so it only seems fair if we don't either. In fact, given our discipline this year, we'll only be playing with 14 for much of the game. And we'll still beat them! :D

I'll be there, by the way, just not sure how I'll get there yet.

Last I checked Birmingham was more dear than the London airports. What might be worth looking at is FlyBE from Dublin to Southampton and a train from there to High Wycombe.
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

chillers wrote:
Psycho B wrote:
icebaby wrote: With only 2,500 tickets for us there'll be a few empty planes at that rate.

C'MON LEINSTER!
From what I hear, Wasps won't have a 16th man, so it only seems fair if we don't either. In fact, given our discipline this year, we'll only be playing with 14 for much of the game. And we'll still beat them! :D

I'll be there, by the way, just not sure how I'll get there yet.

Last I checked Birmingham was more dear than the London airports. What might be worth looking at is FlyBE from Dublin to Southampton and a train from there to High Wycombe.
Also was on the Wasps website if worst comes to worst and people can't get tickets we could always book corporate hospitality it's £94 including VAT which works out at €150 notes but as i said that's worst case scenario....see detail below

This package offers you and your guests the chance to have a meal and a drink before enjoying the match and is ideal for small business groups, families or rugby fans looking for a little more on matchdays.

The Hypnos Restaurant

* Private Restaurant for 90 people
* Seats in the Main Stand

Package includes:

* Three course Silver service lunch
* Pre & post match private bar facility (subject to availability)
* Seats in the BCUC stand
* Matchday programmes
* Corporate gift

Cost £80 + VAT per person

To book call Rachel on 020 8896 4873 or email rachel.bayes@wasps.co.uk