Wasps away - whadda you think you'll do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

How long will your QF weekend away be for?

Do a same day trip
9%
Just an overnighter for me
31%
Fock it, will book Fri-Monday to cover all the options
30%
I'll wait and see what Tout Travel come up with
11%
Don't think I'll make it
19%

Total votes: 54

epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Oh and thats after the ERC take their cut.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

50% of the Turnstile money if the ground holds is less than 20k.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

[quote="harryp"]So people go to Glaws but not to the game? 200+ in the Buildbase, 500+ in the Shed, 1000+ on our side of the ground, another couple of hundred on the Terrace under the Corpo Boxes. Thats 2k +++++. Not 1,000?

Watch the Embra game. That crowd was 50:50.

If Wasps ST's are like ours, there will be no friends, or 3 packs, the game stands alone. Has to, we're entitled to 50% of the gate. We're not going to let them fill the ground for nothing?

btw, I'd honestly q your marketing skills if you think that the 20 - 30 age bracket are loaded, and without a care or a problem in the world. :roll:[/quote]

Thankyou. Again.

I have data to prove it mate. Spend in leisure categories is MASSIVELY skewed to this age category. Anybody with half a marketing brain knows that.

As for my marketing skills, you know what I do and I've generated over a billion dollars in retail sales on those skills. So I'll take judgemental opinions in this area from individuals who actually have an opinion worth considering.

By the way, I never met an accountant who couldn't count. Till now. Thanyou and goodnight.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

harryp wrote:50% of the Turnstile money if the ground holds is less than 20k.
Really, thats a weird rule. Encourages teams to move I suppose
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:So people go to Glaws but not to the game? 200+ in the Buildbase, 500+ in the Shed, 1000+ on our side of the ground, another couple of hundred on the Terrace under the Corpo Boxes. Thats 2k +++++. Not 1,000?

Watch the Embra game. That crowd was 50:50.

If Wasps ST's are like ours, there will be no friends, or 3 packs, the game stands alone. Has to, we're entitled to 50% of the gate. We're not going to let them fill the ground for nothing?

btw, I'd honestly q your marketing skills if you think that the 20 - 30 age bracket are loaded, and without a care or a problem in the world. :roll:[/quote]

Thankyou. Again.

I have data to prove it mate. Spend in leisure categories is MASSIVELY skewed to this age category. Anybody with half a marketing brain knows that.

As for my marketing skills, you know what I do and I've generated over a billion dollars in retail sales on those skills. So I'll take judgemental opinions in this area from individuals who actually have an opinion worth considering.

By the way, I never met an accountant who couldn't count. Till now. Thanyou and goodnight.
[/quote]

Ah Arthur, tis yourself. Jaysus, I thought you were dead?

Spend as a proportion of total income? Not surprised. Not exactly a "real measure" of disposable income though.

As for accountants, :wink: :twisted: sod off.

Tell me, how many times do you have to proved incorrect in your "estimates" before you admit that you just may be fallible?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:You'll get Friday night .. we'll get Sunday afternoon.. put your money on that
Wasps never play games on Friday apparently.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

CM wrote:
RobbieRockBoy wrote:You'll get Friday night .. we'll get Sunday afternoon.. put your money on that
Um, yeah they do. They don't play on Saturdays, as Wycombe Wanderers are the 'owners' of the ground and play then. But I think Sundays are more usual than Friday nights.

And I'd have thought it would be the other way round (ie Llanelli on Friday), if indeed there are any games on Fridays, and I don't think the quarters are.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

claire_m wrote:
CM wrote:
Um, yeah they do. They don't play on Saturdays, as Wycombe Wanderers are the 'owners' of the ground and play then. But I think Sundays are more usual than Friday nights.

And I'd have thought it would be the other way round (ie Llanelli on Friday), if indeed there are any games on Fridays, and I don't think the quarters are.
Just going on what a Wasps supporter said on PR. Didn't think I'd have to check the truth of it but even a cursory glance at the GP fixtures shows games on Friday. So apologies for that!
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

CM wrote:
claire_m wrote:
CM wrote: Wasps never play games on Friday apparently.

Just going on what a Wasps supporter said on PR. Didn't think I'd have to check the truth of it but even a cursory glance at the GP fixtures shows games on Friday. So apologies for that!
Having said that, a more in depth look at Wasps fixtures shows an overwhelming amount of games on Sunday. Only two games this season weren't on Sunday, one on a Friday and one on a Saturday. Last season was pretty much the same.

I reckon we're looking at a Sunday game, especially as the other games are more suited to Friday and Sat.