Leinster supporters in Glaws

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Flash Gordon wrote:
apple sourz wrote:All in all there were in the region of 2,000 supporters travelled and well done to each and every one of them for doing their bit.
I thought it was 1500 tops but wasn't sure. Not sure where they were! Fair focks to all on the noise. 8)
There were sections of Leinster supporters all over the ground, not just in one or two pockets. Also not all were wearing colours and as we know the blue doesn't stand out very well anyway.

If the branch say that they were expecting 2,000 to go and have no access to whether tickets bought from the Gloucester site were Leinster supporters or not I can't see how we had only 1,500.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

brian_c wrote:I have just realised that I took this thread way off topic, sorry about that. To bring it back on topic, great place for a rugby game Glaws, but not the most "happening" spot on saturday night.
You can say that again! It was like a Ghost-town on the Friday and Saturday night. We were going into town to Sloanes after the game. We asked a Glaws fan for directions and he asked us why we going to "that sh*thole!" So we asked him for any better suggestions and he paused and then said "to be honest Gloucester is a cr@p night out!"

I didn't think the place was especially rough, just really, really dead. We got to Sloanes in the end, but if it wasn't for the Leinster fans, there wouldn't have been a sinner there. In fairness we went to Cafe Rene's after it and that was a lot livelier, but I think that was cause it was the only place open.

On Sunday we went to Cheltenham and had a great day. We met loads of Glaws fans there and they all told us to stay in Cheltenham next time we're over and just go to Gloucester for the match. I think I'll take their advice next time.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yes I can wholeheartedly agree with you there Trotsky, Cheltenham is very slick indeed. A very happening, prosperous town that I liked a lot.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:Yes I can wholeheartedly agree with you there Trotsky, Cheltenham is very slick indeed. A very happening, prosperous town that I liked a lot.
Yeah,

In fairness Duffer, you and Beer Baron were advocating staying in Cheltenham the minute the trip was announced. I thought Gloucester might be a bit rough around the edges but good craic. But it was just dead.

Next time, we'll definitely set up in Cheltenham and taxi in and out to Glaws. We even found a brilliant rugby pub there on Sunday. They had the Biarritz - Northampton game on in the pub and anyone who wanted to watch the Arsenal Man U match had to sit out in the cold out back! Respect! 8)

The owner of the place was a big Glaws fan and apparantly most of the players and coaches drink there. Definitely the sort of place to make a HQ.
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Sounds like we should have gone to Cheltenham so. Granted glaws did have the Harry Potter cathedral!
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Well trotsky we were just going on the advice of the a local lad on PR - there was a few of us staying out in Cheltenham in the travel lodge place but you live and learn about these things. Which pub were you in? We started out in a gem of a pub opposite the HMV called Tailor's - it was cracking, great atmosphere - but then a load of soccer supporters came in and they turned off the rugby and put on the football so we had to move to some other pub that wasn't as good. Nice town though, there's more a few quid knocking around there - like chalk and cheese to Gloucester, yet the town centres are separated by just 7miles.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Donny B. wrote:
The owner of the place was a big Glaws fan and apparantly most of the players and coaches drink there. Definitely the sort of place to make a HQ.
Yeah I heard that a lot of the glaws supporters come from Cheltenham. I didn't see it but the git was telling me that the cars leaving the ground after the match were all porsches, high end jags etc - putting the brook to shame basically - and I doubt those lads were living in Gloucester. Some very nice villages around Cheltenham as well.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Duff Paddy wrote:Yes I can wholeheartedly agree with you there Trotsky, Cheltenham is very slick indeed. A very happening, prosperous town that I liked a lot.
rome trip precludes the Gold Cup festival this year but definitely worth looking at next year, especially if the Twickers game is on the same weekend.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

I saw a poofball there a few years ago.....it has very boring pubs :lol:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

If anybody is thinking of a gold cup trip then there's a place out in Wynchcombe that I would highly recommend for dinner or accomodation.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

From the dead site:
Leinster Rugby wishes to thank all those Supporters who travelled to Gloucester in such numbers last weekend.

The support was so impressive that many Gloucester Supporters emailed us to say just how good you were.

"As a Gloucester supporter, can I on behalf of many, pass on our appreciation of your fans attendance at Kingsholm last night, especially those in the 'Shed'. There was lots of good natured banter throughout with Gloucester coming out on top, mainly due to the final 20 minutes display by the Gloucester pack. Unfortunately Gloucester will not be going any further in this years competition but we wish Leinster best of luck in the next round." - Allan

"The Leinster Support here in Gloucester was fantastic. We were all really impressed the way they stayed positive and kept singing even as the game slipped away from their team" - Karen

"Thanks to the Leinster fans-the colour, noise and passion made for a great occasion, and great to share a few pints and some craic afterwards" - Dave
Well done to everyone who was there! :clap:
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Donny B. wrote:
Yeah,

In fairness Duffer, you and Beer Baron were advocating staying in Cheltenham the minute the trip was announced. I thought Gloucester might be a bit rough around the edges but good craic. But it was just dead.

Next time, we'll definitely set up in Cheltenham and taxi in and out to Glaws. We even found a brilliant rugby pub there on Sunday. They had the Biarritz - Northampton game on in the pub and anyone who wanted to watch the Arsenal Man U match had to sit out in the cold out back! Respect! 8)

That's right Donny! I lived there for three years through Uni and it's an excellent place. Taylors wine bar at the upper end of the high street is a class pub...Duff, did you notice how on Saturday night in there all the girls look so young...all from Cheltenham Ladies College.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Beer Baron wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Yeah,

That's right Donny! I lived there for three years through Uni and it's an excellent place. Taylors wine bar at the upper end of the high street is a class pub...Duff, did you notice how on Saturday night in there all the girls look so young...all from Cheltenham Ladies College.
BB you will have to ask Crash about the exclusive ladies of Cheltenham Ladies College, remember to mention the back carraige of the train to London whilst you're at it.