KO announcement

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

rekolb
Bookworm

KO announcement

Post by rekolb »

does anybody know the exact time the kick-offs for the quarter finals are announced? Getting a bit worried because I've taken a gamble with the flights...
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

I'm in the same boat. No idea what time the announcement is scheduled for though....
rekolb
Bookworm

Post by rekolb »

useless b$&%@#ds..still no sign of dates/times!
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

rekolb wrote:useless b$&%@#ds..still no sign of dates/times!
In fairness, the official line was 'later this week' or 'in the coming days', something like that....
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

jrc wrote:
rekolb wrote:useless b$&%@#ds..still no sign of dates/times!
In fairness, the official line was 'later this week' or 'in the coming days', something like that....
True. It was only the Irish Times promising us "today". :x
rekolb
Bookworm

Post by rekolb »

no - they confirmed by email that they would be announced today..
keith6
Knowledgeable

still waiting

Post by keith6 »

yes i thought it was suppose to be announced at lunchtime 2day :roll:
the whole worlds going up in smoke baby
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

there's probably a group confined in smoke filled room (somewhere in England where they can still) until as long as it takes thrashing out the deal with Sky Sports - they usually dictate the dates and have to line them up with other events. Maybe Michael O'Leary is in the mix working out a flight deal
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

icebaby wrote:Maybe Michael O'Leary is in the mix working out a flight deal
Busy working out how to screw us over no doubt. :cry:
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Leinsterman wrote:
icebaby wrote:Maybe Michael O'Leary is in the mix working out a flight deal
Busy working out how to screw us over no doubt. :cry:
Yeah I meant a deal for him not us.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Does the delay in the KO time and venue announcement make a move to Loftus Road more likely? Not only would Loftus Rd be a more convenient location but I think we could get nearly 5,000 ticket allocation.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

El Diablo wrote:Does the delay in the KO time and venue announcement make a move to Loftus Road more likely? Not only would Loftus Rd be a more convenient location but I think we could get nearly 5,000 ticket allocation.
Wouldn't say so, as the home team has until the 12th February to notify the ERC of a venue change.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

El Diablo wrote:Does the delay in the KO time and venue announcement make a move to Loftus Road more likely? Not only would Loftus Rd be a more convenient location but I think we could get nearly 5,000 ticket allocation.
Loftus road is very handy to get to and it also means yiu can stay in Kensington for the weekend. Very suitable for us Leinster folk.
Last time I was in Loftus Road was 1995.... :shock:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

And its blue
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Leinsterman wrote:
Loftus road is very handy to get to and it also means yiu can stay in Kensington for the weekend. Very suitable for us Leinster folk.
I doubt it will be in LR though. Firstly, why give up home advantage? Secondly, when Fulham were redeveloping Craven Cottage a few years ago, they needed a home for a couple of seasons. Wasps were ground sharing with QPR at the time, and QPR decided they'd rather have Fulham than Wasps. There was a great hoo-ha here last year when QPR wanted Wasps to return, but Wasps have decided to stay put at AP, and so, even for a one-off, I really can't see them going to LR. I think there's too much bad-blood.

Though it would be very handy...
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Leinsterman wrote:
Its also just around the corner from where I used to live. . infact LM its not far from the big Shepherds Bush Walkabout, where I'm sure some Aussie or Kiwi will serve you a nice warm pint :wink:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

sheepshagger wrote: Its also just around the corner from where I used to live. . infact LM its not far from the big Shepherds Bush Walkabout, where I'm sure some Aussie or Kiwi will serve you a nice warm pint :wink:
Bleugh! I worked in Charing Cross Hospital for a summer and we drank in the pubs just across the road from the place.
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

You're on the Saturday i believe, but don't quote me.
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

have heard it's Llanelli/Munster on the firday, Leinster/Wasps on the Sat, and the French teams on the Sunday
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

BarryP wrote:have heard it's Llanelli/Munster on the firday, Leinster/Wasps on the Sat, and the French teams on the Sunday
from where?