something is up! - may not be Adams Park!!

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Spudman
Beginner

Where will the WASPS match be played?

Post by Spudman »

Where will the WASPS match be played? It said on there website Adams Park. But they have taken that down since.
If it bleeds we can kill it!!
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Yeah it must have been a mistake. And i didnt book flights because i was worried about ticket availability, i wish they would just make their minds up.
Spudman
Beginner

Post by Spudman »

I heard that it could be in the Madejski Stadium. From a WASPS fan in work!!
If it bleeds we can kill it!!
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

I would be amazed if they didn'y want to play it in their home ground. Leicester are playing their game in Welford Road and just raising the prices of the tickets to compensate for lost earnings due to not playing it in a bigger venue. Maybe Wasps will end up doing the same
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
mdesmond
Beginner

something is up! - may not be Adams Park!!

Post by mdesmond »

Hi

I very observant leinsterfans member noticed on the Wasps homepage they had posted the times and said " Wasps will play Leinster at adams pk on Sat 31st at 1745hrs ....". I had a look and dead right it said adams park in the news banner but then said nothing on the venue choice when you clicked on the full story.

Now a couple of hours later i just looked again and they had edited the news banner to remove the mention of Adams Park. Clearly they have not made their mind up and this indicates that it could move!!

Either way my flight is booked - going via Birmingham (flights return are €80 - lousey times, but train fare to High Wycombe / Reading is only £22 return) - need to save money for SanS!!
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

I believe from what the ERC have said that the venue doesn't have to be confirmed until 12 February, so maybe they're still examining their options.
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

where did you find train deatails?
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Wasps may switch the venue. Reading is free ,they are away to Spurs.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

10,000 capacity of Adams Park/Causeway Stadium means we only get 2,500 tix. DAMN!
upfront_1979
Knowledgeable

Post by upfront_1979 »

their support is cr@p though, so if they move it to a larger venue they risk handing over home advantage. Would reckon they will stay at home.
'I love ball carrying. I see it as being one of the primal parts of rugby - getting the ball and running at the opposition,'
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

upfront_1979 wrote:their support is cr@p though, so if they move it to a larger venue they risk handing over home advantage. Would reckon they will stay at home.
There support has been cr@p for a while now alrite has to hit the coffers hard, so will the management be able to turn down the prospect of more ticket sales?
CulchieAbroad
Knowledgeable

Post by CulchieAbroad »

Sundy wrote:where did you find train deatails?
try thetrainline.co.uk
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Chris Wright needs money and knows his team aren't going to win the competition so I imagine he's looking at a move.
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

Guys I was in touch with their hospitality person today and she wasn't confirming the venue at all!
They are definitely considering moving it to a bigger location.
Definitely!

See

Psycho B: "Is the Quarter Final going to be held at Adam's Park or elsewhere?"

Reply from Wasps: "We are waiting for confirmation on this."
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

bgmusic wrote:Wasps may switch the venue. Reading is free ,they are away to Spurs.
This reminds me i think i remember hearing that london police have a limit on the number of large sport in certains areas. Eg two teams nearby cannot play at home the same day. Would this affect any of the potential venues?
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

So has the Saturday at 1745 been confirmed at least?
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Danthefan wrote:So has the Saturday at 1745 been confirmed at least?
yeah it has and i doubt it will change, im guessing thats a sky kick off
Psycho B
Graduate

Post by Psycho B »

Danthefan wrote:So has the Saturday at 1745 been confirmed at least?
Yes that was definitely confirmed

Wasps employee: "The quarter final between Leinster & Wasps will be played on Saturday 31st March, kick off 5.45pm. I am now waiting for the hospitality details and prices to be confirmed. As soon as I have this information, I will let you know.

Sorry for the wait!

Kind regards,
x"

Sorry I don't want to get the person in trouble
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Another possible venue is Kasamm Stadium in Oxford, but Oxford Utd.have a home game on the Saturday.
IMC
Bookworm

Post by IMC »

As the ERC only omitted Adams as a venue and named all the other grounds we can assume that they are looking at a change. They wont move too far though so anyone booked into London or nearby should be ok.

Just got a great deal on a hotel in Kensington!