Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Hold a ballot open to all STHs
30%
Sell one ticket to every STH on a first-come first-served basis
53%
Allocate tickets to STHs based on category of ST (ie, the more expensive STs get first dibs)
9%
Other _____ (please elaborate)
8%

Total votes: 53

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Donny B. wrote:She said the tickets we'll be getting will be spread all over the stadium and will range from £20 to £47. They're going to send out an e-mail either today or tomorrow.

Hopefully as you say, things should be okay.
Oh Christ! :shock:
I second that trepidation
Well they'll probably send it at 5 tomorrow evening so nobody can leave early on Friday!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Donny B. wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Oh Christ! :shock:
Well they'll probably send it at 5 tomorrow evening so nobody can leave early on Friday!
Not two later fridays in a row for you! Poor DB!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Donny B. wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Oh Christ! :shock:
Yep, and you won't be allowed to buy tickets unless you respond by 8am Monday morning.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

harryp wrote:
epaddy wrote:
harryp wrote:Where did any mention of a scam come from?

Wasps ST's will get theirs, we will take ours, I reckon 2,500 - 3,000 will go on General Sale after the ERC takes a cut, and the General Sale should sort out any Leinster supporters who may have been unlucky with the original allocation. I think an awful lot of ex pats will try to get their hands on the General Sale tickets. I know if I was living in London and tickets for any Irish province were on sale for a HEC QF in London, I'd be in like Flynn.

btw, agree completely re our ticketing procedures. Has to be sorted out from next season.
I would have though Wasps will offer their ST's more before selling them to the public
Would have thought so aswell. I mean surely they have to be aware that half of LI will turn up if they can get a ticket.

Probably didn't want to alienate anymore supporters?
Guys, the Wasps web-site is pretty clear that the tickets left over after STHs are given the opportunity to buy one will go on "general sale". It was open to them to give STHs the opportunity to buy additional tickets or to go into a ballot if there were insufficient additional tickets to give all STHs a second ticket. They appear to have chosen not to do so and they made this choice after consultation with their own supporters. So my conscience is pretty clear when it comes to buying tickets in that general sale should my LR allocation prove insufficient.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
epaddy wrote:
harryp wrote:Where did any mention of a scam come from?

Wasps ST's will get theirs, we will take ours, I reckon 2,500 - 3,000 will go on General Sale after the ERC takes a cut, and the General Sale should sort out any Leinster supporters who may have been unlucky with the original allocation. I think an awful lot of ex pats will try to get their hands on the General Sale tickets. I know if I was living in London and tickets for any Irish province were on sale for a HEC QF in London, I'd be in like Flynn.

btw, agree completely re our ticketing procedures. Has to be sorted out from next season.
I would have though Wasps will offer their ST's more before selling them to the public
Would have thought so aswell. I mean surely they have to be aware that half of LI will turn up if they can get a ticket.

Funnily enough the mention of a scam came from someone (who shall remain nameless) who was talking to you at the T-shirt distribution.

As for London Irish. I go up there reasonably regularly, you'd really really struggle to catch an Irish accent. London Irish is an English club with an overwhelmingly English support base. Think there might be a bit of a pick up from London based Irish as you say, but not sure they'd go to an helluva a lot of trouble to get that.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: I second that trepidation
Not two later fridays in a row for you! Poor DB!
Yes, poor DB indeed! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually sod it, I'll take my chances! :P
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote:btw this once again highlights the need for the Branch to provide an "overseas package" for exiled Leinster heads. Tara has about 75000 UK based Leinster supporters in her little black book of names, and I know that G_On_The_Poni can always be relied upon to provide a few rabble rousers.

Sure even the bould Seapoint has been prevailed upon to attend matches in the UK from time to time.

Powers - that -be - take note!!
Great thought CKav. Token sum for overseas membership and ensure that they get access to tickets for games in England or if they travel. I lived in Belgium and used to fly in for games. Obviously I couldn't do that for every game, so it would have been helpful.
The Branch have an Exiles club (of which I am a member) though its benefits iiro tickets are limited to home games. Exiles are treated as inferior to STH and superior to the general public when it comes to purchasing tickets. It's the first season and it's had a few teething problems but the concept is sound and could be enhanced as Ckav suggests.

For me this has meant me being a member of the general public for high profile away games (eg Glaws most recently) and I suspect that this will be the case with Wasps.

As others have said let's see what the Branch proposes in the email to STH that is supposed to be coming out today or tomorrow. I'll have to rely on this MB to find out what it says and will take it from there.
Thats not what i was told when I joined. I phoned her and asked her if we'd have the same rights as STH for getting away games for Heino cup and i was told yes as it was the ONLY reason I signed up as an exile and payed my forty snots. For home games theres usually one of the lads who is a STH who isnt going for some reason so I just use theirs.

were u told this info on the phone? cos if so then we were both told different things....
rarrr
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:
epaddy wrote: I would have though Wasps will offer their ST's more before selling them to the public

Funnily enough the mention of a scam came from someone (who shall remain nameless) who was talking to you at the T-shirt distribution.

As for London Irish. I go up there reasonably regularly, you'd really really struggle to catch an Irish accent. London Irish is an English club with an overwhelmingly English support base. Think there might be a bit of a pick up from London based Irish as you say, but not sure they'd go to an helluva a lot of trouble to get that.
3rd party info? :shock: Thats hearsay and conjecture my friend, certainly wasn't meant in the intention which you'd hoped, or on this thread. All I've conducted to date is simple "market research" :wink:

I'd agree about LI being more English than the English themselves, but there are a lot of ex pats who will travel if they can get tickets.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote: Would have thought so aswell. I mean surely they have to be aware that half of LI will turn up if they can get a ticket.

3rd party info? :shock: Thats hearsay and conjecture my friend, certainly wasn't meant in the intention which you'd hoped, or on this thread. All I've conducted to date is simple "market research" :wink:

I'd agree about LI being more English than the English themselves, but there are a lot of ex pats who will travel if they can get tickets.
Don't understand the sentence.....what are you saying? :?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us