Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Hold a ballot open to all STHs
30%
Sell one ticket to every STH on a first-come first-served basis
53%
Allocate tickets to STHs based on category of ST (ie, the more expensive STs get first dibs)
9%
Other _____ (please elaborate)
8%

Total votes: 53

Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

I probably won't get a ticket, just like the Croker draw :cry: :cry:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:One per STH in my view. I really don't think its going to be a problem to be honest Tara. Only once in the history of the Club have we taken more than the allocation and we're talking an expensive and totally unglamourous fixture to High Wycombe with many people having one eye on a super semi final location in San Sebastian.
You know I'm more optimistic than you about likely turnout, so we'll just have to agree to differ. I personally think, unglamorous tho AP may be, this is going to be the first time where demand significantly exceeds supply and it is going to be a real test of LR to see how they cope.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Can I ask that details of all news / emails that people receive is shared among us all
By email please!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

sheepshagger wrote:Think 1 per ST holder is enough - none of 'limit of 6 per person business'.

As for epaddys idea about rewarding loyalty, I agree but do they hold historical records of ST holders I wonder?

I think it stinks if they if they go down the road of rewarding stand snobs over Terrace dwellers.

Just think if they had recorded actual attendances via barcode scanner etc they could of rewarded people on the number of games that they have actually been to
I'm going to ignore that sweeping generalisation about stand STHs for the sake of our friendship Shagger. ;) For the record I voted for a ballot, altho if I had life to live over I'd go with slipper's suggestion.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:One per STH in my view. I really don't think its going to be a problem to be honest Tara. Only once in the history of the Club have we taken more than the allocation and we're talking an expensive and totally unglamourous fixture to High Wycombe with many people having one eye on a super semi final location in San Sebastian.
You know I'm more optimistic than you about likely turnout, so we'll just have to agree to differ. I personally think, unglamorous tho AP may be, this is going to be the first time where demand significantly exceeds supply and it is going to be a real test of LR to see how they cope.
I dunno. In my experience the best way to predict the future is to use the past as a benchmark. Anecdotally, lots of my mates who would be hardcore are saying they won't be there - that goes for me too.

Anyway, as you see, we'll see.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote:
I dunno. In my experience the best way to predict the future is to use the past as a benchmark. Anecdotally, lots of my mates who would be hardcore are saying they won't be there - that goes for me too.

Anyway, as you see, we'll see.
Well not wanting to seem like epaddy to your Sheepshagger (altho I'm definitely getting the better end of that analogy), can I put my spake in now for any unused hardcore tickets? I have lots of London based firmcore* friends with the boas, legend ts and match ticket stubs to prove it, who will gladly take up spare tickets and Roar on Leinster.

* not quite hardcore, but definitely not softcore.

(Grumpy, I'll be disappointed if you can't find some material to work with in this post! ;))
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Tara wrote:Well not wanting to seem like epaddy to your Sheepshagger (altho I'm definitely getting the better end of that analogy), can I put my spake in now for any unused hardcore tickets? I have lots of London based firmcore* friends with the boas, legend ts and match ticket stubs to prove it, who will gladly take up spare tickets and Roar on Leinster.
Ditto here. Would appreciate any tickets from regulars not planning to travel as my brother, a friend in Bristol and a mate here in Dublin will be there. Regular fans all. Working as hard as possible on tickets from the Wasps side too.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

dingbat wrote:
Tara wrote:Well not wanting to seem like epaddy to your Sheepshagger (altho I'm definitely getting the better end of that analogy), can I put my spake in now for any unused hardcore tickets? I have lots of London based firmcore* friends with the boas, legend ts and match ticket stubs to prove it, who will gladly take up spare tickets and Roar on Leinster.
Ditto here. Would appreciate any tickets from regulars not planning to travel as my brother, a friend in Bristol and a mate here in Dublin will be there. Regular fans all. Working as hard as possible on tickets from the Wasps side too.
Might be an idea to stick hardcore fans on a seperate thread to look for tickets. I'm going to apply in the hope I can go, but if I don't I'd be delighted to pass them on - that's what many of us did for the Turnipstan game.
IMC
Bookworm

Post by IMC »

I would be very grateful if I can get any unused allocation as 6 of us are booked to travel (5 non-STH).
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

IMC wrote:I would be very grateful if I can get any unused allocation as 6 of us are booked to travel (5 non-STH).
Good luck! :lol: :lol:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Might be an idea to stick hardcore fans on a seperate thread to look for tickets. I'm going to apply in the hope I can go, but if I don't I'd be delighted to pass them on - that's what many of us did for the Turnipstan game.
Ah sure Duff has been looking for a ticketing section for ages. I think Eve and limey have been ignoring him tho, for fear giving him what he wants will only fuel his campaign to be a mod.
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Flash Gordon wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Yep - Mort's started one.
IMC
Bookworm

Post by IMC »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
IMC wrote:I would be very grateful if I can get any unused allocation as 6 of us are booked to travel (5 non-STH).
Good luck! :lol: :lol:

I know - it is part of the deal is getting to travel - there is a lot of being dragged around shops involved in the weekend.... :roll:
rekolb
Bookworm

Re: Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Post by rekolb »

Tara wrote:With the decision to stay in Adams Park meaning that LR will only get approximately 2,000 tickets and so not all STHs will be guaranteed a ticket, how do you think LR should allocate the tickets?

I can see the third option proving popular on here. ;)
At the risk of being pedantic - allocation will be in the region nof 3,000.... no problem with tickets, how many times in the past have we brought more than that?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
dingbat wrote: Ditto here. Would appreciate any tickets from regulars not planning to travel as my brother, a friend in Bristol and a mate here in Dublin will be there. Regular fans all. Working as hard as possible on tickets from the Wasps side too.
Ah sure Duff has been looking for a ticketing section for ages. I think Eve and limey have been ignoring him tho, for fear giving him what he wants will only fuel his campaign to be a mod.
I personally would welcome the appointment of Duff as a moderator.

Forget about Birch. Vote Duff. :D
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

rekolb wrote:
Tara wrote:With the decision to stay in Adams Park meaning that LR will only get approximately 2,000 tickets and so not all STHs will be guaranteed a ticket, how do you think LR should allocate the tickets?

At the risk of being pedantic - allocation will be in the region nof 3,000.... no problem with tickets, how many times in the past have we brought more than that?
Not sure of the exact capacity of AP, but thought it was at best 8,500. That leaves us with 2,150. LR would have to look after corporate sponsors first presumably, with the balance between STHs and KT. And I've personally never not bought more than one, if that double negative works.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:
rekolb wrote:

Not sure of the exact capacity of AP, but thought it was at best 8,500. That leaves us with 2,150. LR would have to look after corporate sponsors first presumably, with the balance between STHs and KT. And I've personally never not bought more than one, if that double negative works.
Its 10K Tara. I thought you bought 12 per game.....oh, hang on, that's just T-shirts. :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/threecounties/spor ... dium.shtml
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote:
rekolb wrote: At the risk of being pedantic - allocation will be in the region nof 3,000.... no problem with tickets, how many times in the past have we brought more than that?
Its 10K Tara. I thought you bought 12 per game.....oh, hang on, that's just T-shirts. :wink:

That's why I leave the counting to others, but even I know that 25% of 10,000 is less than 3,000.

What can I say? I don't own a washing machine.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote: Not sure of the exact capacity of AP, but thought it was at best 8,500. That leaves us with 2,150. LR would have to look after corporate sponsors first presumably, with the balance between STHs and KT. And I've personally never not bought more than one, if that double negative works.

That's why I leave the counting to others, but even I know that 25% of 10,000 is less than 3,000.

What can I say? I don't own a washing machine.
But do you own a washing machiner?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Flash Gordon wrote: But do you own a washing machinist?
I believe she does! :shock: :shock:

...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!