Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Hold a ballot open to all STHs
30%
Sell one ticket to every STH on a first-come first-served basis
53%
Allocate tickets to STHs based on category of ST (ie, the more expensive STs get first dibs)
9%
Other _____ (please elaborate)
8%

Total votes: 53

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Its 10K Tara. I thought you bought 12 per game.....oh, hang on, that's just T-shirts. :wink:
One for every 2.5 billable hours in the day :twisted:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

what ss and lb said.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Be nice if there was a record of how many years you've held a season ticket ...but I doubt it....

Failing that - a ballot - fcfs could get very messy - opt-in as has been said before, and 1 per season ticket holder - with the option of more should there be any.....
Summer is ready when you are

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Wasps tickets - what should Leinster Rugby do?

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinsterman wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: But do you own a washing machinist?
I believe she does! :shock: :shock:

Think that's one of her trainee lawyers actually.....just after a 23232 hour shift.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

I reckon if we have an excess they'll all be taken by ex pats who will also try to get Wasps excess on Feb 19th.

Shouldn't have a problem getting 3,000 Leinster fans into the ground, problem will be to make sure they go to the right hands.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Last year for the semi, there was an allocation for those who'd bought the 3 packs . Maybe they could do an allocation to anyone who bought away tickets in the pool stages first.. They should have the records. ( Although I could have got tickets by other means I made sure to buy them from the branch so I would be on the record , oh this is getting too complicated). OK those still to go pick up their Croke park tickets tomorrow would you ever ask.........
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Right, took a bit of digging but:

The capacity of AP is actually 11,000 but Health & Safety limit it to 10,000 because there is only 1 exit?

In the 05/06 season there was 5,500 Season Ticket holders. This fell by 20 - 25% this season. Means about 4,500 Wasps ST's, 2,500 Leinster Tickets, and the balance 3,000 to go on general sale on February 19th.

Hopefully a good proportion of the excess will be picked up by expats, certainly do our representation a favour.

Wasps supporters are very quiet and placid seemingly, and away fans don't like to go to Wycombe (wonder why?), but on a couple of occasions so far this season the GP Away team have requested less than 100 tickets for AP.

Reckon we can still turn this into a Home Game. :D
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

The ground is, in effect at the end of a cul-de-sac. The crowd have to walk down the one road towards town in amongst the cars and buses. Obviously a problem if there is an emergency and emergency vehicles have to get down there. As for Wasps supporters, well some of them are ex Saracens supporters and changed their allegence when Sarries were underperforming, (I personnally know of two). Prehaps now that Sarries are doing better, and with their season ticket prices, better accessability and being closer to London, that might account for the Wasps fan base drop off. I've been to AP a few times with my Wasps mates whilst in London. Its a reasonable ground, but does not have the 'feel' of a 'proper' Rugby ground like Donny, Stradey, Franklin Gardens, or the Stoop. The 'Football Factor' I'm afraid.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

My view is that Wasps should take their allocation and we should take ours. Don't hold with putting together a scam to steal opposition tickets. I also suspect that Wasps won't be issuing any tickets on general sale - they go to more than one ticket per season ticket holder before doing that. People registering for scams to steal opposition tickets are doing something inherantly dishonourable in my view. We all complained on Black Sunday and when Munster fans stole our tickets in the Turnip Patch. Scams to deliberately steal opposition allocations are wrong in my opinion.

Besides, as I said previously, only once in the history of Leinster rugby have we ever travelled with more than 2000 fans, so I think our allocation will be fine. And that was to one of the nicest cities in France. Not to High Wycombe with people having one eye on a glamour semi-final in San Sebastian.
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

Tara wrote:
Well not wanting to seem like epaddy to your Sheepshagger (altho I'm definitely getting the better end of that analogy), can I put my spake in now for any unused hardcore tickets? I have lots of London based firmcore* friends with the boas, legend ts and match ticket stubs to prove it, who will gladly take up spare tickets and Roar on Leinster.

* not quite hardcore, but definitely not softcore.

(Grumpy, I'll be disappointed if you can't find some material to work with in this post! ;))
well then if they are leinsterfans they will all be exile leinster supporters at the least so they should have just as good a chance of getting a ticket for the game..

i agree with flash about the scam thing but hopefully there will be some left on general sale for those who do live over here and arent leinster 'supporters'
rarrr
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I wouldn't for a moment want to steal tickets from the Wasps season-ticket holders.

However if they do put them on general sale to the public on their website I wouldn't have a problem with any Leinster fan buying them.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Donny B. wrote:I wouldn't for a moment want to steal tickets from the Wasps season-ticket holders.

However if they do put them on general sale to the public on their website I wouldn't have a problem with any Leinster fan buying them.
While I wouldn't do that, I understand where you're coming from. Hopefully, we'll get news ASAP from the branch and get it sorted.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

[quote="Flash Gordon"]My view is that Wasps should take their allocation and we should take ours. Don't hold with putting together a scam to steal opposition tickets. I also suspect that Wasps won't be issuing any tickets on general sale - they go to more than one ticket per season ticket holder before doing that. People registering for scams to steal opposition tickets are doing something inherantly dishonourable in my view. We all complained on Black Sunday and when Munster fans stole our tickets in the Turnip Patch. Scams to deliberately steal opposition allocations are wrong in my opinion.

quote]

I can't believe that a "ticket scam" ( that phrase was actually used - :oops: ) is being actively encouraged. It makes us look like scumbags. Can the people who promote this kind of thing please keep it to themselves??
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

btw this once again highlights the need for the Branch to provide an "overseas package" for exiled Leinster heads. Tara has about 75000 UK based Leinster supporters in her little black book of names, and I know that G_On_The_Poni can always be relied upon to provide a few rabble rousers.

Sure even the bould Seapoint has been prevailed upon to attend matches in the UK from time to time.

Powers - that -be - take note!!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:btw this once again highlights the need for the Branch to provide an "overseas package" for exiled Leinster heads. Tara has about 75000 UK based Leinster supporters in her little black book of names, and I know that G_On_The_Poni can always be relied upon to provide a few rabble rousers.

Sure even the bould Seapoint has been prevailed upon to attend matches in the UK from time to time.

Powers - that -be - take note!!
Great thought CKav. Token sum for overseas membership and ensure that they get access to tickets for games in England or if they travel. I lived in Belgium and used to fly in for games. Obviously I couldn't do that for every game, so it would have been helpful.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Donny B. wrote:I wouldn't for a moment want to steal tickets from the Wasps season-ticket holders.

While I wouldn't do that, I understand where you're coming from. Hopefully, we'll get news ASAP from the branch and get it sorted.
Well one of my mates was in the office yesterday picking up tickets and he asked about tickets for Wasps. He asked if we'd have 2,500 tickets and the girl said "less" but not exactly how much. So, the question is will we get first dips or will tout travel get a load to themselves?

She said the tickets we'll be getting will be spread all over the stadium and will range from £20 to £47. They're going to send out an e-mail either today or tomorrow.

Hopefully as you say, things should be okay.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Donny B. wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Well one of my mates was in the office yesterday picking up tickets and he asked about tickets for Wasps. He asked if we'd have 2,500 tickets and the girl said "less" but not exactly how much. So, the question is will we get first dips or will tout travel get a load to themselves?

She said the tickets we'll be getting will be spread all over the stadium and will range from £20 to £47. They're going to send out an e-mail either today or tomorrow.

Hopefully as you say, things should be okay.
Rang up Tout Travel and they are guaranteeing tickets.....so there's the answer on that one I guess......will be interested to see what their day return package is now we know what the cost of ours is.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Rang up Tout Travel and they are guaranteeing tickets.....so there's the answer on that one I guess......will be interested to see what their day return package is now we know what the cost of ours is.
What is the cost of ours?
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

I may have misunderstood this sorry if I have but surely the following is true:

1. Wasps sell tickets to their season ticket holders - at this stage tickets should only go to season ticket holders

2. Wasps put tickets on sale to members of the general public through their website - now - we are all members of the general public and we are all entitled to buy tickets that are on sale to the general public. At this stage the Wasps ticket office is just like any other box office selling tickets to an event to anyone and everyone to buy. The problem with anyone who disagrees with this is that you are in effect saying that everyone in the world (including band wagon jumpers, people who have no real interest in rugby etc) can buy tickets before Leinster Supporters merely because we are Leinster supporters. As I say general sale means general sale which means eveyone.

This is the same as happened in Gloucester - there really is nothing wrong with anyone at all buying tickets tha are on general sale. It is wrong to try and get hold of specific allocations (for season ticket holders / club members), it is also wrong to tout tickets for more than the face value.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick in this debate sorry.

As I said earlier - the branch should be asking for us to pre-register for tickets by email, including name and membership number - and only then will the problem (if there is a problem) be known.

What is amazing (although with the branch it's not) is that they don't seem to have made plans for the match being held at Adams Park and the match not being held at Adams Park. This is one of the reasons the professional club should be run as a more stand alone and commercial entity with IRFU funding and player contracts as now. We deserve better service.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Uncle Mort wrote: It is wrong to try and get hold of specific allocations (for season ticket holders / club members), .
Mort,

the bolded part of your message, is exactly what I was referring to.

Glad you agree that it's wrong.