Ticket info. Wasps Game

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:Has anyone found out how many tickets are going into this lottery? for all we know, there may be less that 1000.

Given that we could be well down the pecking order after Team, Officials, Committee, Sponsors, Tout Travel, hangers on etc etc
There are 2200 tickets available and NONE are going to Tout travel - they are sourcing from outside the branch.

If they offered one ticket per season ticket holder plus an option to apply for a second that'd go into a lottery, I'm sure they would cover all eason ticket holders. 2/3 of ticket take up is reasonable given that some will not travel and that some will travel by tout travel, thereby not eating into our allocation.

One ticket per season ticket holder will cover our needs and guarantee pretty much everyone in my view.
Do you know that as fact, Flash? That's amazing, how are Tout Travel going to get theirs? I presume the 300 of the 2500 allocation are going to sponsors, and players families etc...
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

Flash Gordon wrote:
go_on_the_poni wrote:well its obvious most of us think 1 per STH is better, but since that mail has already been sent out its hardly going to change now.. so Im assuming theres a Leinsterfans spokesperson ?? who can voice this to the branch so that it doesnt happen again.. Who is our voice?
no point in lots of us ringing or emailing and complaining, if one person can say they speak for X hundred people that'd be better.. ive no idea if this is how LF works already.. maybe someone can let me know
The branch have said that nothing is set in stone. They are prepared to reconsider if people favour the one ticket approach. but its important to express your opinion here to support the discussion.

Obviously it would have been better if they'd talked to the fans first, but at least they're open to it.
ah i had assumed if it was sent out in email they'd made their decision.. well if we could do a poll here then and try get everyone to give their vote and then we can let the branch know what LF's feel about it on monday morning.
rarrr
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jrc wrote:I'm a ST holder and one ticket would suffice for me. However, I can definitely see the rationale behind offering two tickets. What if a husband and wife are ST holders, and only one of them wins the ticket lottery? What if both of them but they have to sit at opposite ends of the ground? What if you want to bring your teenage son, who is also a ST holder but not old enough to go on his own?

It's a tricky one....
I am 99% sure that if it were one per season ticket holder that all season ticket holders would be sorted. On family tickets, valid point, for them I'd assume a win means 4 tickets together - though I think the chances of 4 travelling are pretty minimal to be honest.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Phil06
Graduate

Post by Phil06 »

jrc wrote:I'm a ST holder and one ticket would suffice for me. However, I can definitely see the rationale behind offering two tickets. What if a husband and wife are ST holders, and only one of them wins the ticket lottery? What if both of them but they have to sit at opposite ends of the ground? What if you want to bring your teenage son, who is also a ST holder but not old enough to go on his own?

It's a tricky one....
I think the point is, if the branch offered one ticket to each STH's that is planning on travelling, we more than likely (This time round) run into that problem...
Last edited by Phil06 on February 2nd, 2007, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

go_on_the_poni wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
go_on_the_poni wrote:well its obvious most of us think 1 per STH is better, but since that mail has already been sent out its hardly going to change now.. so Im assuming theres a Leinsterfans spokesperson ?? who can voice this to the branch so that it doesnt happen again.. Who is our voice?
no point in lots of us ringing or emailing and complaining, if one person can say they speak for X hundred people that'd be better.. ive no idea if this is how LF works already.. maybe someone can let me know
The branch have said that nothing is set in stone. They are prepared to reconsider if people favour the one ticket approach. but its important to express your opinion here to support the discussion.

Obviously it would have been better if they'd talked to the fans first, but at least they're open to it.
ah i had assumed if it was sent out in email they'd made their decision.. well if we could do a poll here then and try get everyone to give their vote and then we can let the branch know what LF's feel about it on monday morning.
I think we've had enough of our opinions felt the last few weeks :roll:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jrc wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:Has anyone found out how many tickets are going into this lottery? for all we know, there may be less that 1000.

Given that we could be well down the pecking order after Team, Officials, Committee, Sponsors, Tout Travel, hangers on etc etc
There are 2200 tickets available and NONE are going to Tout travel - they are sourcing from outside the branch.

If they offered one ticket per season ticket holder plus an option to apply for a second that'd go into a lottery, I'm sure they would cover all eason ticket holders. 2/3 of ticket take up is reasonable given that some will not travel and that some will travel by tout travel, thereby not eating into our allocation.

One ticket per season ticket holder will cover our needs and guarantee pretty much everyone in my view.
Do you know that as fact, Flash? That's amazing, how are Tout Travel going to get theirs? I presume the 300 of the 2500 allocation are going to sponsors, and players families etc...
Yep, that's factual. Apple spoke to the branch. Correct on the 300, not sure on Tout Travel's source - think its in England - Wasps maybe?
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

J D, speak for yourself re. travelling alone.We are family silver, and all four of us go to at least one away HEC game every season, ie Sale, Bath x2,and Toulouse, and hopefully Wasps.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Anyway whatever happens I'm travelling over and as needs be I'll be seeking you all out in the meeting places etc and if I need a ticket I'll be asking and if I end up with any to give I'll be giving.

I just hope everyone gets sorted
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Uncle Mort wrote:Anyway whatever happens I'm travelling over and as needs be I'll be seeking you all out in the meeting places etc and if I need a ticket I'll be asking and if I end up with any to give I'll be giving.

I just hope everyone gets sorted
Me too, but it won't happen. :cry:
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

bgmusic wrote:J D, speak for yourself re. travelling alone.We are family silver, and all four of us go to at least one away HEC game every season, ie Sale, Bath x2,and Toulouse, and hopefully Wasps.
Quite the travelling family! It's a fair point but it would also be fair to say that you would most likely be in the minority.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Echo the sentiments of those who believe that each Season Ticket holder should be entitled to 1 ticket only.
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

one per season ticket would have been preferable.
It might be worth trying Wasps public sale on Monday even if it is so people here who may not be lucky enough in the draw to get sorted for a ticket.
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

rex banner wrote:one per season ticket would have been preferable.
It might be worth trying Wasps public sale on Monday even if it is so people here who may not be lucky enough in the draw to get sorted for a ticket.
A whole different can of worms there Rex, :roll: now step away from the computer.
Get in the f%~king bag.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

The way I see it is that if I win and get two tickets I'll make a cursory check with the leinsterfans I know to see if they're sorted and if they are I won't be trying to track down every unlucky season ticket holders that I don't know. Even if I was going to wait on here to make sure that everyone posting here had a ticket, what happens if everyone here is sorted? Not all season tickets holders (by a long shot) post here. And how do I know that people I don't know on here are season ticket holders anyway?

Sorry, but with limited supply 2 tickets per STH is madness. Wasps aren't even offering their season tickets holders more than one ticket.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:The way I see it is that if I win and get two tickets I'll make a cursory check with the leinsterfans I know to see if they're sorted and if they are I won't be trying to track down every unlucky season ticket holders that I don't know. Even if I was going to wait on here to make sure that everyone posting here had a ticket, what happens if everyone here is sorted? Not all season tickets holders (by a long shot) post here. And how do I know that people I don't know on here are season ticket holders anyway?

Sorry, but with limited supply 2 tickets per STH is madness. Wasps aren't even offering their season tickets holders more than one ticket.
Zackley.
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

If I'm lucky enough to get the chance to win two, I'll only be needing one so will sort somebody out. I'm sure plenty of others will do likewise.

All the same, 1 per STH definately should be the way.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

I think the option is a very good idea, but I'm as yet undecided on the 2 or 1 ticket deal.

Not all ST's will travel, or will apply. My biggest issue with the 2 tickets idea is that it creates artificial demand in that now most ST's will apply for tickets just to ensure other ST's and Non ST's get tickets. In effect will probably have 3,000 applying whereas maybe only 1,500 actually wish to go themselves.

Problem with 1 ticket is, we as ST's are entitled to first preference on QF tickets. If the branch offers every ST holder 1 each, only those travelling will apply and the excess MUST be put on general sale. Means tickets can go to other parties, i.e. Wasps supporters, or just blow ins.

With this in mind I think the branch is right in offering 2 in a draw in the hope that gluttony won't kick in and all ST's who apply will get the tickets they apply for. Any excess will therefore in the supporters hands, and it then becomes upto the supporters to look after themselves and each other.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

On a side note, if we have an allocation of 2,500, and KT are "sourcing elsewhere", and Wasps put tickets on General Sale, then we should surely have a representation of over 3,000 in AP. :D
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

CM wrote:The way I see it is that if I win and get two tickets I'll make a cursory check with the leinsterfans I know to see if they're sorted
Great post! Post of the year in fact! :clap:

Remember those Ireland tickets
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

[quote="harryp"]On a side note, if we have an allocation of 2,500, and KT are "sourcing elsewhere", and Wasps put tickets on General Sale, then we should surely have a representation of over 3,000 in AP. :D[/quot

oh dear God.