Wasps Ticket Sale preference Poll

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

What method of sale would you prefer for away tickets to the Wasps game?

1st come 1st served - Guarantee one ticket per season ticket holder
38%
Lottery - Guarantee one ticket per season ticket holder
38%
1st come 1st served - 2 tickets per purchase for STH
13%
Lottery - 2 tickets per purchase for STH
9%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 47

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Wasps Ticket Sale preference Poll

Post by Flash Gordon »

What method of sale would you prefer for away tickets to the Wasps game? (please register your vote, its important we take on board your views and the more votes, the more weight opinion carries)

PS - there is no absolute guarantee
Last edited by Flash Gordon on February 2nd, 2007, 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Without repeating too much what's on the other thread to my mind the only fair way is to offer one ticket per ticket and hold an opt in lottery - if demand exceeds supply.

I am very much against two tickets being allocated as this reduces the spread across season ticket holders. I have already booked to go and my partner (who was in Gloucester) and is not a season ticket holder is staying at home - due to scarcity of tickets. Why should she go and deny a season ticket holder - someone who has stood or sat in DB through the league matches come wind, rain and shine. And if you say - but I always go with my friend then why aren't they a season ticket holder ?
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

I think you should amend your poll - you cannot guarantee each season holder one ticket. Just remove the word guarantee in each of the first two lines.
Last edited by Grumpy Old Man on February 2nd, 2007, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Winsome Fluter
dingbat
Mullet

Re: Ticket Sale preference Poll

Post by dingbat »

Flash Gordon wrote:What method of sale would you prefer for away tickets to the Wasps game? (please register your vote, its important we take on board your views and the more votes, the more weight opinion carries)
Check your PMs.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash who is the "we"? are a group of you going to the branch about this?
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:Flash who is the "we"? are a group of you going to the branch about this?
No, the "we" is us, you, me, season ticket holders. Apple will talk to the branch monday and the more opinions, the more weight the voice carries!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:Flash who is the "we"? are a group of you going to the branch about this?
No, the "we" is us, you, me, season ticket holders. Apple will talk to the branch monday and the more opinions, the more weight the voice carries!
Good stuff, just reading that email there. Giving a few STs 2 tickets is a disgrace. I agree with UMs spoint completely ST have far more rights to a ticket then an STs friend(or a customer of Killester but thats a different story)
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The other thing that struck me was that if it were one per season ticket that it would be a FANTASTIC incentive to encourage season ticket purchase next year.....you need a ST to get the glamour tickets, end of story.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

The Loyalty Card system, as practised by other clubs and indeed in other codes, should also be introduced (seeing as how we are looking with one eye towards next season).

I'm assuming that records have been kept since the inception of the Season Ticket as a concept? If not, it would be a good idea to even work on this year's demand for tickets.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

What Mort said.... also, as I said on another thread... time for the Branch to look at priorities based on "loyalty attendance"
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

The first come first served won't work because of the historic problems with email, and there is no way the branch are going to walk themselves into that problem.

From a ST's perspective, if we offer 1 ticket to go into a lottery per person, and less than 2,200 apply, do the excess not have to be put up for general sale, as we have no specific rights for a second preference??
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

ckav wrote:The Loyalty Card system, as practised by other clubs and indeed in other codes, should also be introduced (seeing as how we are looking with one eye towards next season).

I'm assuming that records have been kept since the inception of the Season Ticket as a concept? If not, it would be a good idea to even work on this year's demand for tickets.
I vaguely recall someone in authority (or professing authority) ie: Apple / Flash et al. indicating on this site that this was going to happen for next Season. I know it doesnt help us now but good "going forward".
Get in the f%~king bag.
Right_Winger
Beginner

Post by Right_Winger »

The branch's priority should be 'loyal' fans. They don't know who attend matches, so they only have season ticket info to go on. So the first priority should be 1 ticket for each ST holder who wants one. If there is an excess, then extra tickets can be offered to ST holders / club members etc. It is wrong that the partner/friend of a ST holder might get a ticket & I (as a ST holder) might not. There should be no issue over friends or family members not able to sit together - allocate the tickets via lottery and then allow the winners to request tickets together.