Should I enter the draw?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Should Slipper enter the Q/F draw?

Yes - and pass on the ticket
41%
No - stay away you fairweather fan.
59%

Total votes: 41

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

That's fair enough then. :cry:

For what it's worth I can't see 2,200 ST's going, and I think a lot of non ST's will be on the look out for tickets. So with that in mind I've no problem with a ST requesting a ticket and looking out for a good a non ST.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

harryp wrote:That's fair enough then. :cry:

For what it's worth I can't see 2,200 ST's going, and I think a lot of non ST's will be on the look out for tickets. So with that in mind I've no problem with a ST requesting a ticket and looking out for a good a non ST.
I'm kinda with Harry on this one, I don't see 2,200 ST holders going so I don't see anything wrong with a "good" non ST holder getting one, although I'd prefer if all ST holders who want one are catered for first...

And since I'm on a run of bad luck, if someone puts their name in, isn't going, gets a ticket, and I don't, please keep me in mind...
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Slipper1 wrote:2nd Child - I obviously dont get enough enjoyment out of the first, so a second is due at the beginning of april. Given that I nearly missed the birth of number one as I was eating chips in the coombe hospital car park, I think that I had better make a special effort to be there for number 2. :oops:

The poll is still fairly close, I will leave it till friday (or until posters get tired of it) - personally, I was leaning towards entering and giving the ticket to Mort, but he's off my list now.
Not my day is it?:oops: Who knew you were already a father and Rob Kearney was a final year Orts student?
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Tara wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:2nd Child - I obviously dont get enough enjoyment out of the first, so a second is due at the beginning of april. Given that I nearly missed the birth of number one as I was eating chips in the coombe hospital car park, I think that I had better make a special effort to be there for number 2. :oops:

The poll is still fairly close, I will leave it till friday (or until posters get tired of it) - personally, I was leaning towards entering and giving the ticket to Mort, but he's off my list now.
Not my day is it?:oops: Who knew you were already a father and Rob Kearney was a final year Orts student?
Thought Kearney was in Commerce? :?
AnnyMay
Beginner

Post by AnnyMay »

If anyone is not travelling but has two tickets to sell (I've already sent some feelers out) I have booked my travel from France over to England on the Saturday morning. As I'm not living in Ireland I only get to go to one or two matches a year (Toulouse, Agen) so no point in being a STH or even an Exile (I have two young kiddies and can only travel occasionally). I'm born and bred in Leinster (down the road from Rob Kearney), support Leinster, but live in France :°) Any kind offers would be most welcome ........

Otherwise, I will try the WASPS website on 19th Feb - but that is my really wild card.

Allez les Bleus :°)
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

OK while hardly overwhelmingly decisive, 20 to 15 is a majority and probably lies where I would have fallen anyway. Given the suggested amount of tickets available and now that the branch are limiting tickets to one per person I relly do think (hope) that there will be a good chance that nearly all that want to travel will get sorted.

By entering the draw, I would just deprive someone who deffo wants to travel of a ticket. I would also urge those not planning on travelling to not enter the draw as well.

Best of luck guys and gals, I hope this lottery is good for you. Enjoy the game and I admire your unending support for Leinster Rugby.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

My understanding is that there will not be an issue with supplying all who have applied with at least one ticket.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

That's good news. You imply that there is a possibility that not all 2200 tickets will be taken. Have you (or anyone else) heard what the Branch will do with the "excess"?
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:That's good news. You imply that there is a possibility that not all 2200 tickets will be taken. Have you (or anyone else) heard what the Branch will do with the "excess"?
Think it'll go to a second round lottery. Not sure though - to be honest, not sure the branch know yet.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Hey guys due to a email screw up my brother wasnt entered in to the draw and the LB would not relent even though he got on to them only a few minutes late this morning. He is a season ticket holder but doesnt post on here :oops: .
So if anybody here has requested a ticket and are not going we would be very gratefull if you would sell it on.
Thanks
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Sundy wrote:Hey guys due to a email screw up my brother wasnt entered in to the draw and the LB would not relent even though he got on to them only a few minutes late this morning. He is a season ticket holder but doesnt post on here :oops: .
So if anybody here has requested a ticket and are not going we would be very gratefull if you would sell it on.
Thanks
No probs Sundy. Will keep a look out for you.

Still no Broadband for the bro in Longford?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

its longford it doesnt work half the time! :lol: Thanks anyway, will prob need all the help i can get tryin to find a ticket for him