Should I enter the draw?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Should Slipper enter the Q/F draw?

Yes - and pass on the ticket
41%
No - stay away you fairweather fan.
59%

Total votes: 41

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Should I enter the draw?

Post by Slipper1 »

Given that I am not travelling to Adams Park, should I enter the Q/F draw?

If I do, and win, I can pass on a ticket to a LeinsterFan who doesnt win, or do I just stay out of the thing and stop complicating matters?

You decide...
Get in the f%~king bag.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

I've been waiting for someone to put up a poll on this! I'm in a similar moral quandry.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Just stay out if.....

A Leinster fan will get the ticket anyway :P

Unless you wanna make a few €€€ :evil:
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

I would enter and then pass on the ticket to somebody who could be trusted to attend the game. It would, in my view, lessen the chances of a tout getting their grubby hands on them.
Sook
Knowledgeable

Post by Sook »

dingbat wrote:I would enter and then pass on the ticket to somebody who could be trusted to attend the game. It would, in my view, lessen the chances of a tout getting their grubby hands on them.
Ditto but I'd give priority to a STH without a ticket rather than a friend of a STH.
Disco tells it as it is:
“I’ve always been a Leinster player. My dad [Tony] played for Leinster, my uncle [Denis] played for Leinster, my cousin [Gavin] played for Leinster. I’m a Leinster guy. I don’t make any apologies for it. That’s my team."
Colm
Mullet

Re: Should I enter the draw?

Post by Colm »

Slipper1 wrote:Given that I am not travelling to Adams Park, should I enter the Q/F draw?

If I do, and win, I can pass on a ticket to a LeinsterFan who doesnt win, or do I just stay out of the thing and stop complicating matters?

You decide...
If I don't win a ticket and you do then you can offload it to me :)
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

I have half an idea :?

Couldn't those STH who are successful in the draw but are not going to the game post their details on a thread and those who are unsuccessful but want to go to AP do likewise? That bit is easy.

Greater minds need to fathom how to easily reconcile the two lists especially if the latter exceeds the former :?:
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

It would be easier to just not get involved, and therefore give those who want to travel a better chance of winning - but even then, supporters (such as Colm) may not get a ticket.

If I entered and won, I could give mine to him.

If I entered and didnt win, it would be the same as not entering at all. :? I think :?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Then you have a toughie on your hands Slipper :P
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

This really is a no brainer -

If you want to go you enter the raffle

If you don't want to go you don't enter the raffe

The raffle is for people who want to buy tickets for the Wasps match - people will want tickets as they want to go to the match - everyone who wants to go deserves an equal chance of getting tickets regardless of how many other season ticket holders they know - and this can only happen if people who are not going stay out - otherwise those who enter who are not going and then pass there ticket on to someone they know are denying these other people their fair chance

So enter only if you intend to use the ticket for your own use
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Got a friend who goes to pretty much every game who isn't a STH since he didn't have the money at the time, I'm probably not going so if I don't he's getting my ticket.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Slipper1 wrote:It would be easier to just not get involved, and therefore give those who want to travel a better chance of winning - but even then, supporters (such as Colm) may not get a ticket.

If I entered and won, I could give mine to him.

If I entered and didnt win, it would be the same as not entering at all. :? I think :?
Cheers Slipper - Although I have to agree with Uncle Mort. I'm going in for the draw and if I don't get a ticket then I'll just have to deal with it or find a ticket by other means.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

no because your taking a chance of a ticket away from someone else who is going.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Ah Slipper, come to London. :cry:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

harryp wrote:Ah Slipper, come to London. :cry:
And miss the birth of his first child? It's like jrc said in another thread, it's kids not mortgages that keep people from matches.;)

Slipper, I can grasp both horns of the dilemma, but if I was you I'd enter it so I could give the ticket to an unlucky friend. For instance it appears that Leinster Zulu has no luck at all, so he could probably use some of your's. :D
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Uncle Mort wrote:This really is a no brainer -

If you want to go you enter the raffle

If you don't want to go you don't enter the raffe

The raffle is for people who want to buy tickets for the Wasps match - people will want tickets as they want to go to the match - everyone who wants to go deserves an equal chance of getting tickets regardless of how many other season ticket holders they know - and this can only happen if people who are not going stay out - otherwise those who enter who are not going and then pass there ticket on to someone they know are denying these other people their fair chance

So enter only if you intend to use the ticket for your own use
Nah
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Tara wrote:
And miss the birth of his first child? It's like jrc said in another thread, it's kids not mortgages that keep people from matches.;)

Slipper, I can grasp both horns of the dilemma, but if I was you I'd enter it so I could give the ticket to an unlucky friend. For instance it appears that Leinster Zulu has no luck at all, so he could probably use some of your's. :D
Thought it was the 2nd child??

Been there, done that. :wink:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

harryp wrote:
Tara wrote:

You have kids? :shock:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

epaddy wrote:
harryp wrote:
Tara wrote: And miss the birth of his first child? It's like jrc said in another thread, it's kids not mortgages that keep people from matches.;)

You have kids? :shock:
Not that I'm aware of...... but I'm told I shouldn't be allowed procreate?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

2nd Child - I obviously dont get enough enjoyment out of the first, so a second is due at the beginning of april. Given that I nearly missed the birth of number one as I was eating chips in the coombe hospital car park, I think that I had better make a special effort to be there for number 2. :oops:

The poll is still fairly close, I will leave it till friday (or until posters get tired of it) - personally, I was leaning towards entering and giving the ticket to Mort, but he's off my list now.
Get in the f%~king bag.