Exiles email from the branch

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Exiles email from the branch

Post by go_on_the_poni »

Dear Exile,

As a Leinster exile you are entitled to be entered into the draw for tickets for the quarter final match away to Wasps, on March 31st.

If you have already entered or intend to enter the draw and are successful we appreciate that it may not be feasible for some winners to collect their tickets from our offices. We will make arrangements on an individual basis so as to facilitate those lucky enough to win in collecting their tickets.

If you are a new exile and have not yet received your card and membership number, please notify us and we will enter you into the draw.

Many thanks & good luck,
rarrr
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Re: Exiles email from the branch

Post by claire_m »

go_on_the_poni wrote:Dear Exile,

As a Leinster exile you are entitled to be entered into the draw for tickets for the quarter final match away to Wasps, on March 31st.

If you have already entered or intend to enter the draw and are successful we appreciate that it may not be feasible for some winners to collect their tickets from our offices. We will make arrangements on an individual basis so as to facilitate those lucky enough to win in collecting their tickets.

If you are a new exile and have not yet received your card and membership number, please notify us and we will enter you into the draw.

Many thanks & good luck,
YAY!!! :D

All I need to do now is win one...
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

claire_m wrote: YAY!!! :D

All I need to do now is win one...
I could win one for you, or maybe not...you decide

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=4821
Get in the f%~king bag.
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

Encore !!!

I emailed Aine yesterday and even though she has not replied to me personally, I am very satisfied with the outcome. The Branch have responded positively to a (small) group of fans who had some truck with the proposed collection/payment arrangements.

I shall email Aine with my thanks obo all Exiles.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Fair play to them. I've complained as much as anybody about various snafus this season but the last two emails are testament to the fact that they are a) listening to the fans and b) prepared to take corresponding action where required.

Hats off.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Fair focks to the branch. Think they're making huge strides. :clap:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

I agree - hats off to them for listening to both the issue with the one ticket per, and to how exiles (like us) get their tickets........

I wonder how many emails the branch got over this - I know I emailed Aine, but also sent one to Mick Dawson too - like to go to the top.....!!

good on them anyhow - now I just need to win a ticket, and hope my wife gets one too (and that they are next to each other, although she might disagree with that part!)
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

I emailed Aine to thank the Branch for the flexibility shown to Exiles who may have difficulty collecting tickets in person.

Once the draw has taken place later this week I expect that there'll be a thread to discuss who was successful and who not etc. Let's have a similar separate thread for Exiles eh? Or, if not a separate thread, let's just continue this one. :D
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

When I submitted my email for Wasps tickets, I had my membership number wrong. Aine emailed me straight away to let me know and I sent her the correct number. Credit where its due, shes doing well on this one.
I have Bumbleflex
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

I'm not sure what arrangements the branch have made with exiles for collection of tickets, but if they won't post them or you're not going to be back in Dublin, I'm in London next week and am happy to meet any of you to pick up membership cards and can return the tickets to you on 8 March or 29 March.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Cheers Tara that's a kind offer. As I live in Wales I am unlikely to be able to take you up on it. I shall contact the Branch in the next day or two to see what the arrangements are for Exiles. Previous communications have implied that collection in person will not be necessary so I imagine that the ticket(s) will be posted albeit at my risk.
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

now look what i just got from the branch about my ticket collection

The only method of payment that can be accepted is Credit Card.

The amount due in EURO is €42 which equates to £29 UK POUNDS. Your ticket will be sent to you by registered post, the cost of which is included in the price mentioned as well as a 5% credit card fee.

Tickets will be sent by registered post once payment has been received. Please confirm your credit card details by return e-mail
sure!!! im going to EMAIL my credit card details to you... not a chance.. ill call instead
rarrr
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

go_on_the_poni wrote:now look what i just got from the branch about my ticket collection

The amount due in EURO is €42 which equates to £29 UK POUNDS. Your ticket will be sent to you by registered post, the cost of which is included in the price mentioned as well as a 5% credit card fee.

Tickets will be sent by registered post once payment has been received. Please confirm your credit card details by return e-mail
sure!!! im going to EMAIL my credit card details to you... not a chance.. ill call instead
To be fair Poni the Branch has responded positively to helping us Exiles get our hands on tickets. Like you I will not be sending my cc details in an email and will telephone instead. I'm more angry about the 5% fee !
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:
go_on_the_poni wrote:now look what i just got from the branch about my ticket collection

To be fair Poni the Branch has responded positively to helping us Exiles get our hands on tickets. Like you I will not be sending my cc details in an email and will telephone instead. I'm more angry about the 5% fee !
Whereas they seem to have forgotten about me entirely :(

But 5% seems a little excessive.
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

damn postie!

Post by go_on_the_poni »

i got my ticket wooohooooo BUT the damn postman posted them through my letterbox! and it was registered post that was supposed to be signed for!!!
thankfully he put it through the right letterbox..

ye wouldnt get that from an post i tell ye
grrrrrrrrrr
Last edited by go_on_the_poni on February 23rd, 2007, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
rarrr
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Re: damn postie!

Post by T.C.B. »

go_on_the_poni wrote:i got my tickets wooohooooo BUT the damn postman posted them through my letterbox! and it was registered post that was supposed to be signed for!!!

grrrrrrrrrr
That's 'cos you may not get them at all......

:)
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

go_on_the_poni wrote:i got my tickets wooohooooo BUT the damn postman posted them through my letterbox! and it was registered post that was supposed to be signed for!!!

grrrrrrrrrr
My posty rang my doorbell yesterday, and asked me to sign for it. Either they think you're a lot more trusting (don't believe that for a second) or they maybe you live in a real dodgy area, and the posty wanted to get away sharpish?

Mine stopped for a bit of a chat. Nice fella. :D
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

claire_m wrote:

grrrrrrrrrr
My posty rang my doorbell yesterday, and asked me to sign for it. Either they think you're a lot more trusting (don't believe that for a second) or they maybe you live in a real dodgy area, and the posty wanted to get away sharpish?

ooooh look at me i live in earlsfield and my postman knocks twice
rarrr
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

go_on_the_poni wrote:
claire_m wrote:

grrrrrrrrrr

Jealousy isn't an attractive trait.

Anyway, the LB still have my parents' address in Belgravia, and things are done properly here, you know.
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Post by go_on_the_poni »

claire_m wrote:
go_on_the_poni wrote:
claire_m wrote: My posty rang my doorbell yesterday, and asked me to sign for it. Either they think you're a lot more trusting (don't believe that for a second) or they maybe you live in a real dodgy area, and the posty wanted to get away sharpish?

Jealousy isn't an attractive trait.

Anyway, the LB still have my parents' address in Belgravia, and things are done properly here, you know.
sure im jealous... go wales!
rarrr