NB: For people picking up Wasps tickets for other people

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

rekolb
Bookworm

Post by rekolb »

[quote="Grumpy Old Man"]Collected tickets for four people at lunchtime, no problems. They had two people on, it was well orgainsed and moved quickly (with the exception of those who wait until they are collecting tickets to write the cheque :roll: )[/quot

Guilty as charged your honour....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

captain pugwash wrote:Just picked my tickets up at lunchtime. There was only a short queue. The guy ahead of me picked up a number of tickets without having all the season tickets on him, he simply had a list of the season ticket numbers. Aine gave them out without any problems.
You're kidding me! Anyone who can access the website now can get tickets. We went to the hassle of collecting everyone's ticket for the guy who was collecting them.
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

Donny B. wrote:
captain pugwash wrote:Just picked my tickets up at lunchtime. There was only a short queue. The guy ahead of me picked up a number of tickets without having all the season tickets on him, he simply had a list of the season ticket numbers. Aine gave them out without any problems.
You're kidding me! Anyone who can access the website now can get tickets. We went to the hassle of collecting everyone's ticket for the guy who was collecting them.
Not that I am affected but Donny is surely right. Every tom, dick and harriet (provided he/she is a STH him/herself) with access to the LR site can roll up and claim to be collecting tickets for other STHs. Having gone to all the trouble of putting "foolproof" arrangements in place, it is ridiculous if LR is not taking basic precautions against such acts.
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Donny B. wrote:You're kidding me! Anyone who can access the website now can get tickets. We went to the hassle of collecting everyone's ticket for the guy who was collecting them.
The email that I telling me that I'd won said nothing about having to bring along my season ticket.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
captain pugwash
Beginner

Post by captain pugwash »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Not that I am affected but Donny is surely right. Every tom, dick and harriet (provided he/she is a STH him/herself) with access to the LR site can roll up and claim to be collecting tickets for other STHs. Having gone to all the trouble of putting "foolproof" arrangements in place, it is ridiculous if LR is not taking basic precautions against such acts.
For what is is worth I was not criticizing Aine.
The Guy had his own season ticket and a list of names and season ticket numbers. Also all the season ticket numbers were written on the back on the cheque, so it would be possible to figure out if somebody collected tickets that they should not have.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Only if they could also guess the names. If it's like the 6N tickets they'll have names and numbers on envelopes. In this case I'd give Aine the benefit of the doubt - she was just trying not to be a jobsworth.

Limey, I think the email did not mention the need to bring the swipe card, but the web-site did. May also explain why Aine was being so accommodating.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

easy, no que and very friendly ladies. Wasps here we come.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Witchfinder general
Graduate

Post by Witchfinder general »

Beer Baron wrote:easy, no que and very friendly ladies. Wasps here we come.
and amazingly 5 minutes later the situation hadnt changed.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Witchfinder general wrote:
Beer Baron wrote:easy, no que and very friendly ladies. Wasps here we come.
and amazingly 5 minutes later the situation hadnt changed.
mwah ha ha ha ha ha!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

Tara wrote:
LeinsterMongrel wrote:
Donny B. wrote: You're kidding me! Anyone who can access the website now can get tickets. We went to the hassle of collecting everyone's ticket for the guy who was collecting them.
Only if they could also guess the names. If it's like the 6N tickets they'll have names and numbers on envelopes. In this case I'd give Aine the benefit of the doubt - she was just trying not to be a jobsworth.
Maybe I was too quick to judge :oops: . The Branch have generally distinguished themselves with their handling of the ticket distribution for this match for which there are numerous plaudits on this site. I too wrote to Aine to thank her and LR for the way they treated Exiles likew me who were successful in the draw.
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

LeinsterMongrel wrote:
Tara wrote:
LeinsterMongrel wrote: Not that I am affected but Donny is surely right. Every tom, dick and harriet (provided he/she is a STH him/herself) with access to the LR site can roll up and claim to be collecting tickets for other STHs. Having gone to all the trouble of putting "foolproof" arrangements in place, it is ridiculous if LR is not taking basic precautions against such acts.
Maybe I was too quick to judge :oops: . The Branch have generally distinguished themselves with their handling of the ticket distribution for this match for which there are numerous plaudits on this site. I too wrote to Aine to thank her and LR for the way they treated Exiles likew me who were successful in the draw.
Well you would not be the first on this site! :roll:

And don't mind me - I'm just keeping Aine sweet as I haven't picked up my tickets yet. ;)
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

apparently it was very efficient. Sorry, my collector was one of the ones writing cheques. My Dad didn't believe they wouldn't take a card so waited 'til he got there to write the chicken. He was very impressed with the whole set-up.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

icebaby wrote:apparently it was very efficient. Sorry, my collector was one of the ones writing cheques. My Dad didn't believe they wouldn't take a card so waited 'til he got there to write the chicken. He was very impressed with the whole set-up.
So he didn't have a card with him and he was able to collect your tickets? Something like that could very well be needed by my good self tomorrow.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Leinsterman wrote:
icebaby wrote:apparently it was very efficient. Sorry, my collector was one of the ones writing cheques. My Dad didn't believe they wouldn't take a card so waited 'til he got there to write the chicken. He was very impressed with the whole set-up.
So he didn't have a card with him and he was able to collect your tickets? Something like that could very well be needed by my good self tomorrow.

I meant a bank card not the season ticket which he did have with him.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Ok, just picked up Wasps tickets and my cards were not even asked for, which is probably just as well as I'd left them at home. :oops:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Not that I'm picking them up, but I spoke to Aine on the phone on Monday, and I've just got my ticket in the post this morning.

Am a very happy girly :D
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:Ok, just picked up Wasps tickets and my cards were not even asked for, which is probably just as well as I'd left them at home. :oops:
Typical Tara. Not interested in details. :twisted:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Tara wrote:Ok, just picked up Wasps tickets and my cards were not even asked for, which is probably just as well as I'd left them at home. :oops:
Just back from picking them up - in and out in about one minute. Wasn't even asked for the cards either.... :?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

Got mine as well, took about 2 minutes. Must say im very happy with the branch on this one.