Away Trip to Cardiff

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Marathoncoachtravel
Beginner

Away Trip to Cardiff

Post by Marathoncoachtravel »

Guys and gals,

We are working on a package for the Cardiff Match, news to come soon..... nothing for the Newport match as yet.... but we will have something ready for late next week on Cardiff.
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

:D
Marathoncoachtravel
Beginner

Post by Marathoncoachtravel »

As a matter of interest, and to help us build the best package for ye for Cardiff..... 1 night accommodation or 2? Tickets or no tickets? Any other requests?
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

Day trip perhaps?
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

My preference would be a 1 nighter. Half the grief from Mrs Diablo!
If you can get the tickets then we should go with that as it will save people having to collect them from the branch.
jedifart
Knowledgeable

Post by jedifart »

I'm sure a 1-nighter will be most popular alright.

I'm just selfishly suggesting the day trip because I'll be going to West Africa latyer that month and will need any funds I can put aside.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Has the date for this match been confirmed yet ?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sheepshagger wrote:Has the date for this match been confirmed yet ?
No it hasn't and going by last year it won't be until probably about three weeks before the event.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Marathoncoachtravel wrote:As a matter of interest, and to help us build the best package for ye for Cardiff..... 1 night accommodation or 2? Tickets or no tickets? Any other requests?
I think for a Magners League game, a one nighter would be the most popular option. Some might prefer a day trip but as it's our last league game of the season, I'm sure people will want to stay around for some celebration pints (especially if we win the League!).

And I'd leave people get their own tickets to cause yourselves less hassle. As it's more than likely on in the Cardiff Arms park, tickets shouldn't be a problem.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Donny B. wrote:
Marathoncoachtravel wrote:As a matter of interest, and to help us build the best package for ye for Cardiff..... 1 night accommodation or 2? Tickets or no tickets? Any other requests?
I think for a Magners League game, a one nighter would be the most popular option. Some might prefer a day trip but as it's our last league game of the season, I'm sure people will want to stay around for some celebration pints (especially if we win the League!).

And I'd leave people get their own tickets to cause yourselves less hassle. As it's more than likely on in the Cardiff Arms park, tickets shouldn't be a problem.
Agree with all of that.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Agree with the others about keeping it to a 1 nighter. . .afterall who the fock would want to stay in cardiff any longer than they have too?

:lol:
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

A nighter will be great :D
French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

yea a one nighter!!!! and tickets if possible....
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

What Donny said.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Fair play Marathoncoachtravel.

A one-nighter would be my preference too.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Donny B. wrote:

Hail, Hail, Hail! Donny, you're correct!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Yeap a One Nighter would be my preference too
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Beer Baron wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Yes! Yes! ALL HAIL DONNY! 8)

:wink:
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Donny B. wrote:
Beer Baron wrote:
Donny B. wrote: I think for a Magners League game, a one nighter would be the most popular option. Some might prefer a day trip but as it's our last league game of the season, I'm sure people will want to stay around for some celebration pints (especially if we win the League!).

I can see a Stalinist cult of personality in the offing here!!! :lol: Posters of a heroic looking Donny all over the Brook. A statue of a paternal Donny accepting flowers from laughing kids. And of course, murals of Donny defending us all from the Red hordes of Turnistan!!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

combatlogo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: Hail, Hail, Hail! Donny, you're correct!

I can see a Stalinist cult of personality in the offing here!!! :lol: Posters of a heroic looking Donny all over the Brook. A statue of a paternal Donny accepting flowers from laughing kids. And of course, murals of Donny defending us all from the Red hordes of Turnistan!!!
I like it!

You're officially appointed as Minister for Propaganda, Comrade Combatlogo! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Donny B. on February 17th, 2007, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.