Did any other STH's not get tickets for the Wasps game?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

susanh wrote:thank you - that is very much appreciated. I can arrange to meet you at the Leinster Branch office when you're picking up your tickets next week if that suits?

send me a PM and i will post ticket to you and you can send me a cheque
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

susanh wrote:thank you - that is very much appreciated. I can arrange to meet you at the Leinster Branch office when you're picking up your tickets next week if that suits?

send me a PM and i will post ticket to you and you can send me a cheque
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Did any other STH's not get tickets for the Wasps game?

Post by sarah_lennon »

claire_m wrote:
LeinsterBabe wrote:
StuF wrote: I agree with keeping track of how long someone has been a season ticket holder but there have been several times in the past when I've had to miss matches through quite serious illness. I don't think that I should be getting doctor's notes to prove how loyal a supporter I am. I've been a season ticket holder since day one and that should be enough.
While I agree with what you're saying, there is another argument for attendance records to be just as important as length of time you've had a season ticket. I only became a season ticket holder this year, but I haven't missed a home match and have been to a couple of away matches too. I know some season ticket holders who only go to the big glamour games, but have had season tickets for a couple of seasons. Should they get preference for tickets ahead of me just because I came late to supporting Leinster even though I've been at more games this season?
This is one of those bug bears. I've only been a s/t holder this season, and for obvious reasons find it hard to get to home games (especially those on Fridays. grr). I haven't been to a home game in 2007, and with the rest of the games on Friday nights, it's doubtful that I will. So am I not entitled to tickets either?

Whatever the LB do, there are going to be people who aren't happy. And yes, there probably are people who get season tickets so that they get preferential treatment for tickets, but with increasing supporters for Leinster, there will be a struggle for tickets, especially playing clubs with small grounds, like Wasps.
You see maybe as we're talking about an away game - attendance at away games should be recorded. The only problem with this theory is that it's difficult to prove you were there if you don't buy from Leinster branch!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
go_on_the_poni
Bookworm

Re: Did any other STH's not get tickets for the Wasps game?

Post by go_on_the_poni »

sarah_lennon wrote:
claire_m wrote:
This is one of those bug bears. I've only been a s/t holder this season, and for obvious reasons find it hard to get to home games (especially those on Fridays. grr). I haven't been to a home game in 2007, and with the rest of the games on Friday nights, it's doubtful that I will. So am I not entitled to tickets either?

Whatever the LB do, there are going to be people who aren't happy. And yes, there probably are people who get season tickets so that they get preferential treatment for tickets, but with increasing supporters for Leinster, there will be a struggle for tickets, especially playing clubs with small grounds, like Wasps.
You see maybe as we're talking about an away game - attendance at away games should be recorded. The only problem with this theory is that it's difficult to prove you were there if you don't buy from Leinster branch!
aha! now theres a way for the branch to make more commission(5%!!) out of us if we all have to buy from them to be 'recorded' as being true fans..

this game is the first time ive personally had to buy a ticket other then my ST from the branch as i always have the joy of friends back home who sort it out for me.. or have bought through the away team.. i guess that means by many peoples rational that i shouldn't be getting offered any tickets at all
rarrr