Leinster Tickets for Wasps?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster Tickets for Wasps?

Post by harryp »

From what I can gather, KT got their tickets directly from Wasps, Leinster dished out to the Sponsors etc and 2,200 were made available to the supporters. Approx 1,400 have been allocated for collection this week. This should leave approx 800 tickets available for sale?? Can anyone confirm this?

Looking at the Wasps site, and Drunken Wasps, the consensus appears to be that Leinster snapped up a large quota of the general sale this morning, and any remaining tickets are on sale to proven Wasps supporters only (i.e. the pulled the sale)
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Tickets for Wasps?

Post by Tara »

harryp wrote:From what I can gather, KT got their tickets directly from Wasps, Leinster dished out to the Sponsors etc and 2,200 were made available to the supporters. Approx 1,400 have been allocated for collection this week. This should leave approx 800 tickets available for sale?? Can anyone confirm this?

Looking at the Wasps site, and Drunken Wasps, the consensus appears to be that Leinster snapped up a large quota of the general sale this morning, and any remaining tickets are on sale to proven Wasps supporters only (i.e. the pulled the sale)
Harry, it seems that some Leinster STHs did not get tickets, so I'm not sure there will be any for LR to sell.

As for Wasps, this morning was a shambles. Two of my London based friends secured 4 tickets each but I could not get thru. I've atually bought tickets from Wasps - for the Bristol game since I have some London based friends who'd like to go. Since they have my cash, but the match has not happened, I wonder if that makes me a "proven supporter"?
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tara wrote:
harryp wrote:From what I can gather, KT got their tickets directly from Wasps, Leinster dished out to the Sponsors etc and 2,200 were made available to the supporters. Approx 1,400 have been allocated for collection this week. This should leave approx 800 tickets available for sale?? Can anyone confirm this?

Harry, it seems that some Leinster STHs did not get tickets, so I'm not sure there will be any for LR to sell.

As for Wasps, this morning was a shambles. Two of my London based friends secured 4 tickets each but I could not get thru. I've atually bought tickets from Wasps - for the Bristol game since I have some London based friends who'd like to go. Since they have my cash, but the match has not happened, I wonder if that makes me a "proven supporter"?
Tara, I wouldn't be surprised if those STH who didn't get tickets either didn't apply correctly or that there was a fock up in the ordering admin. Anyway, we'll soon see if more become available.

Not sure on the point about the Bristol game. What do you mean?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote: Harry, it seems that some Leinster STHs did not get tickets, so I'm not sure there will be any for LR to sell.

Tara, I wouldn't be surprised if those STH who didn't get tickets either didn't apply correctly or that there was a fock up in the ordering admin. Anyway, we'll soon see if more become available.

Last edited by Slipper1 on February 20th, 2007, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Tara wrote:
harryp wrote:Looking at the Wasps site, and Drunken Wasps, the consensus appears to be that Leinster snapped up a large quota of the general sale this morning, and any remaining tickets are on sale to proven Wasps supporters only (i.e. the pulled the sale)
Sorry, post was unclear. At some point yesterday morning, presumably after they had been bombarded by Irish voice after Irish voice, Wasps decided to stop selling the tickets generally (but not before two Irish born, but London based, friends of mine secured 4 tickets each). They then decided that tickets could only be purchased by people who've bought tickets for Wasps games in the past. Now as it happens I have bought tickets in the past - for the Bristol game - but that match has not happened yet - it is on March the 4th. So I figured that technically that meant I was excluded from the surplus sale. I was probably over-analysing the situation.

However, I think the upshot of yesterday's general sale is that a lot of the surplus Wasps tickets went in to Irish hands, so maybe Harry's wild predictions that this is going to be a Leinster home game have come through. If I was a Wasps supporter I think I'd be bloody annoyed at my club's ticketing policy - STHs allowed one each, but Paddy punter can buy 4? So much for staying in High Wycombe to keep home advantage. :roll: They should have taken a leaf out of Llanelli's book. Not that I'm complaining ... I just hope LR can learn from their mistakes.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
AnnyMay
Beginner

Post by AnnyMay »

I've just sent this to WASPS... even though I managed to get tickets through a kind Leinster soul :°) I think WASPS service was disgraceful yesterday ... see below ....

Paris, February 20th 2007

For the attention of Mr David Davies, Director and Chief Executive, London WASPS

Dear Mr Davies,

I am writing to you to complain about the public sale of the WASPS - Leinster tickets on February 19th 2007.

I had noted the information on your website, set up an account and was ready to order some tickets yesterday morning.

Firstly I noted that there were no tickets on sale via the website (this information wasn't indicated anywhere on the site).

Secondly, yesterday morning early, I then tried to call to reserve some tickets via the hotline ticket number given (0 870 414 1515) which, for some reason, wasn't accessible to me here in Paris. I then called the general WASPS number and was eventually put through to an operator who couldn't explain to me why I couldn't get through on the above number and asked me to keep trying this number. I had explained to the person that I was ringing from France and was this the correct number to dial from France, the person "didn't know" and wasn't very helpful.

I continued to try calling the hotline ticket number - to no avail and contacted the general WASPS number again, was put through to the operator, who again, couldn't give me the information I needed to be put in touch with the ticket sales.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally was able to talk to some-one (on the general WASPS number) who indicated that the hotline ticket number was not accessible from France and gave me another telephone number to dial the ticket sales. This I did. I got through to an operator who told me that I was too late, that the only orders they would accept at that stage of the afternoon for tickets for the Quarter Final were for those persons who had purchased tickets beforehand from WASPS.

Mr Davies, I'm sure you understand that I am frustrated over this poor service. I wasted a whole morning and most of my afternoon calling the UK from France, there wasn't one person who was capable of giving me correct information (how to dial from abroad, the hotline number was for inside the UK, etc.) until approximately 3 30 pm when most tickets were sold out and I wasn't eligible to purchase them any more. The information on your website isn't clear to those people calling from outside the UK. This is really unacceptable. If I had been given the information first hand yesterday morning I would have been able to purchase the tickets.

I am an avid rugby fan, have often purchased tickets on-line and have never come across such poor service.

I would appreciate a personal reply from you over this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Anna-Marie Dreyfus
LeinsterMongrel
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterMongrel »

Tara said that "They then decided that tickets could only be purchased by people who've bought tickets for Wasps games in the past."

This concurs with my own experience more or less. When i eventually got through to Wasps at about 1230 yesterday, I was given the chance to buy standing tickets but not seats as they were being kept for people who had previously bought a ticket from Wasps. Of course when Wasps realised that it was only Leinster suporters buying tickets, they may have refined this policy still further and extended the restriction to standing tickets too.

In any event, it appears that AP will have a significant blue contingent :P I expect that this would ahve happened wherever the game had been played. By all accounts Wasps have only a small following despite their success in comparatively recent times.
"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit" (J-P Rives)
AnnyMay
Beginner

Post by AnnyMay »

I've been in France too long - I really cannot accept poor service any more and tend to react !!! Roll on 31st March - cannot wait to see the BLUE STADIUM ................ I feel sorry for the WASPS already .....
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

It is completely crazy for them to have restricted ticket sales to ONE per Wasps STH and then to have allowed random punters to buy FOUR tickets on the phone!

It beggars belief!

It's great though... :twisted:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

AnnyMay wrote:I've been in France too long - I really cannot accept poor service any more and tend to react !!! Roll on 31st March - cannot wait to see the BLUE STADIUM ................ I feel sorry for the WASPS already .....
Same thing happened to me and many Irish lads at the Stade de France for years to be honest. Though the last occasion I bought online there it went pretty smoothly
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us