Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by neiliog93 »

Annett is decent, would be good at Pro 14 level and maybe just about good enough for Champions' Cup. What about getting one of Heffernan, Delahunt or McCartney from Connacht? (All ahead of Annett IMO and would be ahead of Strauss, and capable of challenging Tracy).
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

What about McGuigan at Leicester is he still IQ or has he opted for England?

While Sean going would be a shame I'm not too worried, we seem to have replaced everyone whose left retired with someone of equal value or better so I'm sure the powers above have a contingency if it does happen.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

sunshiner1 wrote:What about McGuigan at Leicester is he still IQ or has he opted for England?

While Sean going would be a shame I'm not too worried, we seem to have replaced everyone whose left retired with someone of equal value or better so I'm sure the powers above have a contingency if it does happen.
Mcguigan is niq now
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by mildlyinterested

Mcguigan is niq now
Bugger
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

neiliog93 wrote:Annett is decent, would be good at Pro 14 level and maybe just about good enough for Champions' Cup. What about getting one of Heffernan, Delahunt or McCartney from Connacht? (All ahead of Annett IMO and would be ahead of Strauss, and capable of challenging Tracy).
Heffernan or Delahunt would be best options but Kelleher in the Academy is coming through well and has the temprament.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:What about McGuigan at Leicester is he still IQ or has he opted for England?

McGuigan seemed set on England but hes behind Youngs and Polota Nau now so at very least he probably wants to move SOMEWHERE

from 42 in May.

McGuigan played for Ireland at U18 and U20 level, but featured for the England Saxons last year. However, the Saxons played a South Africa A team that was not nominated as their union’s second national side, so McGuigan remains Irish-qualified.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I remember that the IRFU made a BIG play to get McGuigan back last time. He's obviously rated by Schmidt. If Cronin is going then we should make a serious effort to get him. It could solve a lot of problems in that we wouldn't have to try to sign from another province while bringing an exile back into the fold.
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Post by macboomba »

With Les Kiss' announcement that Ulster would be announcing their new overseas 10 shortly has anyone heard any confirmation of who it is?

I've heard from 2 people that it will be done after this weekend due to the player playing in the final of the Japanese Top League. The 2 obvious candidates would look like Matt Giteau (Suntory) and Berrick Barnes (Wild Knight). Can't imagine either would be cheap but surely Barnes would be the more viable option.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

macboomba wrote:With Les Kiss' announcement that Ulster would be announcing their new overseas 10 shortly has anyone heard any confirmation of who it is?

I've heard from 2 people that it will be done after this weekend due to the player playing in the final of the Japanese Top League. The 2 obvious candidates would look like Matt Giteau (Suntory) and Berrick Barnes (Wild Knight). Can't imagine either would be cheap but surely Barnes would be the more viable option.
Article today saying it is not Giteau.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

rooster wrote:
macboomba wrote:With Les Kiss' announcement that Ulster would be announcing their new overseas 10 shortly has anyone heard any confirmation of who it is?

I wonder are they teasing us and found a way to keep Leali'ifano
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
rooster wrote:

I wonder are they teasing us and found a way to keep Leali'ifano
No he has stated clearly that he is going back to fulfil his contract.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Its Andy Goode, they are just trying to keep it quite until all legal issues are closed off. With a signing as major as this another team could move in with a better offer.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I heard it was Stephen Donald
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

rooster wrote:No he has stated clearly that he is going back to fulfil his contract.
Where there's a will, there's a way. He might stay ha
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

BlueBlue wrote:Its Andy Goode, they are just trying to keep it quite until all legal issues are closed off. With a signing as major as this another team could move in with a better offer.
With pie bonuses
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I heard it's Ceri Sweeney
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:Its Andy Goode, they are just trying to keep it quite until all legal issues are closed off. With a signing as major as this another team could move in with a better offer.
With pie bonuses
Ulster would be bankrupt in a month in that case!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:I heard it's Ceri Sweeney
Now that would produce some salty tears

Kiss says Sweeney is almost as good as Phil Bennet though
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »