Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby LeinsterLeader » December 6th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Whilst most of what has been said is true and without wishing to dampen any enthusiasm (mostly in the squad thread), i think it only fair to keep the following in mind:

1) by all account the pitch is a bog and based on weather forecasts will be worse by Saturday. Obviously this may be a leveler and could make tries hard to come by.

2) in reality we’ve only really put out our “A” team twice so far this year (Wasps and Toulouse. Arguably Connacht as well). And we weren’t exactly brilliant in either (or at least not till Wasps fell apart).

3) in reality we cannot afford to lose this. It’s the most important game of the season so far. If we win we’re in the box seat to take the group, but if we lose..... well it would be hard work to advance from there and we would be looking at away trips at best.

So with that being said I’d take a 5-6 win now and then look to do the real damage at the Aviva.

But then again we could be playing the St. Batildas under 7s away and I’d be nervous so what do I know :D
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby Barry » December 6th, 2018, 3:33 pm

LeinsterLeader wrote:Whilst most of what has been said is true and without wishing to dampen any enthusiasm (mostly in the squad thread), i think it only fair to keep the following in mind:

1) by all account the pitch is a bog and based on weather forecasts will be worse by Saturday. Obviously this may be a leveler and could make tries hard to come by.

2) in reality we’ve only really put out our “A” team twice so far this year (Wasps and Toulouse. Arguably Connacht as well). And we weren’t exactly brilliant in either (or at least not till Wasps fell apart).

3) in reality we cannot afford to lose this. It’s the most important game of the season so far. If we win we’re in the box seat to take the group, but if we lose..... well it would be hard work to advance from there and we would be looking at away trips at best.

So with that being said I’d take a 5-6 win now and then look to do the real damage at the Aviva.

But then again we could be playing the St. Batildas under 7s away and I’d be nervous so what do I know :D


good job we're not playing St. Michaels or you'd be a basket case.
Barry
Bookworm
 
Posts: 236
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby wixfjord » December 6th, 2018, 3:40 pm

A bit coy from Cullen, but hopefully positive signs.

https://www.the42.ie/leinster-leo-culle ... 9-Dec2018/

Cullen is due to announce his starting team for the Pool 1 fixture tomorrow afternoon at 12pm, but it appears that slight injury concerns over Dan Leavy, Jordan Larmour, Jack Conan and Rory O’Loughlin are subsiding.

“As the week has progressed, they are closer to getting selected,” said Cullen. “The guys have trained well this week so far, so everyone’s in good form and looking forward to the game.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby riocard911 » December 7th, 2018, 12:25 am

Pre-match presser with Leo & Rhys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsFqH5ghQ8
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby tingman » December 7th, 2018, 3:26 am

LeinsterLeader wrote:Whilst most of what has been said is true and without wishing to dampen any enthusiasm (mostly in the squad thread), i think it only fair to keep the following in mind:

1) by all account the pitch is a bog and based on weather forecasts will be worse by Saturday. Obviously this may be a leveler and could make tries hard to come by.

2) in reality we’ve only really put out our “A” team twice so far this year (Wasps and Toulouse. Arguably Connacht as well). And we weren’t exactly brilliant in either (or at least not till Wasps fell apart).

3) in reality we cannot afford to lose this. It’s the most important game of the season so far. If we win we’re in the box seat to take the group, but if we lose..... well it would be hard work to advance from there and we would be looking at away trips at best.

So with that being said I’d take a 5-6 win now and then look to do the real damage at the Aviva.

But then again we could be playing the St. Batildas under 7s away and I’d be nervous so what do I know :D


We will win this. Bath not great - symptomatic of the GP malaise...we will be all right here - bog or hard ground...talent and street smarts will prevail.
tingman
Bookworm
 
Posts: 143
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby mildlyinterested » December 7th, 2018, 9:12 am

interview with Reid in leinster indo supplement, might suggest he is starting.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby TerenureJim » December 7th, 2018, 9:29 am

Given conditions of that pitch back row is the real key, this will be trench warfare
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby carlow man » December 7th, 2018, 10:44 am

mildlyinterested wrote:interview with Reid in leinster indo supplement, might suggest he is starting.


Rather have rol than Reid.
carlow man
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 352
Joined: August 22nd, 2014, 4:25 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby mildlyinterested » December 7th, 2018, 10:58 am

carlow man wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:interview with Reid in leinster indo supplement, might suggest he is starting.


Rather have rol than Reid.


assume ROL is out if Reid is starting.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby mildlyinterested » December 7th, 2018, 11:42 am

apparently Fardy isn't on the plane to England.

Leavy and Conan both on plane.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby LeinsterLeader » December 7th, 2018, 12:20 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:apparently Fardy isn't on the plane to England.

Leavy and Conan both on plane.

You at the airport with your binoculars MI?

Okay, you win. You're the biggest Leinster fan :lol:
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby Lar » December 7th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Anyone on the JWT trip to Bath will be on the same flight as the team. I think it was scheduled to leave Dublin at 11.00am.
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby curates_egg » December 7th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Leavy no8!!!
Conan on the bench.

Reid starts at 12.
ROL on the bench.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby mildlyinterested » December 7th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (202)
14. Jordan Larmour (28)
13. Garry Ringrose (55)
12. Noel Reid (106)
11. James Lowe (20)
10. Johnny Sexton (153) CAPTAIN
9. Luke McGrath (102)
1. Cian Healy (197)
2. Seán Cronin (160)
3. Tadhg Furlong (91)
4. Devin Toner (224)
5. James Ryan (21)
6. Rhys Ruddock (149)
7. Josh van der Flier (66)
8. Dan Leavy (58)

16. James Tracy (77)
17. Ed Byrne (30) – European debut
18. Andrew Porter (39)
19. Ross Molony (71)
20. Jack Conan (80)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (59)
22. Ross Byrne (57)
23. Rory O’Loughlin (48)
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby jimbobjoe » December 7th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Leavy at 8 is a weird one. With that back row I would've thought Leavy at 6 and Ruddock at 8.
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
User avatar
jimbobjoe
Mullet
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby curates_egg » December 7th, 2018, 1:02 pm

jimbobjoe wrote:Leavy at 8 is a weird one. With that back row I would've thought Leavy at 6 and Ruddock at 8.


I think we all thought that. Conan actually being fit enough to be on the bench, adds an added curve to the ball.
They are our 4 best back row players though.
User avatar
curates_egg
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: November 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby johng » December 7th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Burns out. So it does.
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 17472
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby riocard911 » December 7th, 2018, 1:04 pm

If Josh and Rhys continue where they left off in the Test series, we should be flying!!!
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby johng » December 7th, 2018, 1:05 pm

15. Ruaridh McConnochie

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jackson Willison

12. Jamie Roberts

11. Joe Cokanasiga

10. James Wilson

9. Will Chudley

1. Nathan Catt

2. Tom Dunn

3. Henry Thomas

4. Dave Attwood

5. Charlie Ewels (c)

6. Tom Ellis

7. Sam Underhill

8. Francois Louw

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Jacques van Rooyen

18. Max Lahiff

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Matt Garvey

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Cooper Vuna

23. Alex Davies
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 17472
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Postby riocard911 » December 7th, 2018, 1:07 pm

johng wrote:15. Ruaridh McConnochie

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jackson Willison

12. Jamie Roberts

11. Joe Cokanasiga

10. James Wilson

9. Will Chudley

1. Nathan Catt

2. Tom Dunn

3. Henry Thomas

4. Dave Attwood

5. Charlie Ewels (c)

6. Tom Ellis

7. Sam Underhill

8. Francois Louw

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Jacques van Rooyen

18. Max Lahiff

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Matt Garvey

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Cooper Vuna

23. Alex Davies


Mercer didn't recover from last week's knock. Not surprised.
riocard911
Mullet
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests