New European Jerseys

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: New European Jerseys

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Morf wrote:Away jersey reminds me of this:

Both have the structure of a knock off jersey from a stall in Spain/Italy that's all light shapeless polyester.
That’s a bloody nice jersey
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

cormac wrote:
The pattern of the Leinster Rugby European jersey takes inspiration from meteorites that fell from the sky and were used by the Laighin people to create their iron spear. These meteorite formations form the graphic design of the jersey paying homage to the tale of the metal of the Gods, providing bold and vibrant energy for Leinster Rugby’s European campaign.
The Alternate jersey embodies the electric energy of Ireland’s east coast at night. The iconic purple skyline forms the colour inspiration for this season’s kit. Incorporating a twist on the traditional hoop design, the kit harnesses the vibrant energy of the province, whilst maintaining a classic look and feel.
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/new-adidas ... e-jerseys/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Must be a lot of meteorites in Auckland also.. :roll: :roll:
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

cormac wrote:
The pattern of the Leinster Rugby European jersey takes inspiration from meteorites that fell from the sky and were used by the Laighin people to create their iron spear. These meteorite formations form the graphic design of the jersey paying homage to the tale of the metal of the Gods, providing bold and vibrant energy for Leinster Rugby’s European campaign.
The Alternate jersey embodies the electric energy of Ireland’s east coast at night. The iconic purple skyline forms the colour inspiration for this season’s kit. Incorporating a twist on the traditional hoop design, the kit harnesses the vibrant energy of the province, whilst maintaining a classic look and feel.
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/new-adidas ... e-jerseys/
TBH I wasnt going to buy a jersey this year. But having read the provenance of the design, I think I'll buy 2 of each.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I wonder if all the people tweeting snark about the press releases (which are cr@p) are familiar with the term "useful idiot".

I'd say that between them they've put those ads on at least 50k screens. Without costing Leinster/Adidas/Lifestyle a cent.

:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

johng wrote:
cormac wrote: Incorporating a twist on the traditional hoop design,
Traditional hoop design. But whose hoop did the copywriting come out of?
:D
Flying wedge
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

on a positive note, i do like how the 4 stars flow above the logo
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I have high hopes for the hoody. Looks like my all time favourite from ten or more years back with the plain navy blue and silver crest.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

mildlyinterested wrote:didn't realise to be a fan you had to waste money on a jersey.
John is clearly joking in this instance although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise with rugby fans in general. Plenty of "well, us real fans...." on-line with issues like jerseys, attending or not attending games v Kings, views on the atmosphere at rugby grounds etc. See plenty of it from Leinster fans too.

Anyway. These jerseys aren't nice but I do think Adidas' leisure wear is infinitely better than CCC. Almost everything Leinster sold in things like rain jackets, hoody, rain jackets etc last season were nice.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Check out the video for the new Arsenal shirt - that is how you do it.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Check out the video for the new Arsenal shirt - that is how you do it.
My favourite thing about that is that it was "leaked" :lol:
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

If it doesn’t have a proper Harp on it I’m not wearing it after almost twenty years still can’t get used to the cheese grater !.
Flying wedge
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Saw some of the new kit yesterday for the first time, even the test level jersey options only have the iron on logos, on top of that the adidas three stripes on the shoulder are now iron on jobs as well, it's incredible how poor the quality of adidas gear has gotten. Few years back their stuf was pretty slick and good quality now it's just utter cr@p
BIG DAN
Bookworm

Post by BIG DAN »

TerenureJim wrote:Saw some of the new kit yesterday for the first time, even the test level jersey options only have the iron on logos, on top of that the adidas three stripes on the shoulder are now iron on jobs as well, it's incredible how poor the quality of adidas gear has gotten. Few years back their stuf was pretty slick and good quality now it's just utter cr@p
I agree regarding the poor quality of all of the Adidas gear; none of it feels worth the price. I can't see myself buying much / any of the gear over the next few years if the quality doesn't improve.

It's no wonder people are chancing the stuff from China.