The Forum At www.leinsterrugby.ie

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

The Forum At www.leinsterrugby.ie

Post by Duff Paddy »

I haven't even looked at this thing in ages.

They actually specifically requested the current format form pTools and I can only assume that the objective was to stifle debate on the forum. In fairness, it may have been taking up too much of Breeners time but you'd think that they'd want as many people as possible to be using their website.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I honestly can't understand it DP, a good forum drives people to a site, which I assume they would want
I have Bumbleflex
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

From what I can gauge, it was proving more trouble than it was worth. The forum itself had a hard core of participants - most of whom are now here, or they soon will be! Breener's role expanded in 2004 to include PR for both the senior team and the general Leinster Branch business, so moderating a forum, ensuring that nutbags didn't say anything libellous, etc, was just becoming a drain. I know that there was a view within the Branch that the Forum was only for a hard-core section.

A real shame, though. The forum is basically how the whole Supporters' Club gig got going, and was co-ordinated in the early days.

RIP :cry:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Feck it. We have this forum now. Self-moderated to an extent and no delay in messages getting posted.

However, can we have ********** every ********** if someone mentions ******** in relation to ***********

finished with:

ED: I couldn't possibly comment.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Ah, to be fair to Breener, he had to toe the party line. And he managed it extremely well. He didn't go down the road of the awful http://www.irishrugby.ie, or worse again, that mad editor on the Munster site... :roll:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

The git who moderated the Irish Rugby site may has well have come up with his own username he commented so bloody much on every post.

However, that message board died after "the Bull" stopped posting. His posts were hilarious - the Ireland 15 should be the Connacht team, etc..... then his rants.... :lol:

<and no, I was not the Bull>
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

I know it can be frustrating over yonder, but I'm sure Breener finds it equally frustrating having to moderate everything on the forum and type "No comment" for the tenth time in a day.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

limecat wrote:I know it can be frustrating over yonder, but I'm sure **************************************
Yes yes, I think that's quite enough...... I couldn't possibly confirm or deny.

:wink:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Leinsterman wrote:The git who moderated the Irish Rugby site may has well have come up with his own username he commented so bloody much on every post.

However, that message board died after "the Bull" stopped posting. His posts were hilarious - the Ireland 15 should be the Connacht team, etc..... then his rants.... :lol:

<and no, I was not the Bull>
Pat Geraghty - he was hilarious! :lol:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

And then he ended up at Munsterrugby.ie ...... hmmmmmm :roll:
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Ah, to be fair to Breener, he had to toe the party line. And he managed it extremely well. He didn't go down the road of the awful http://www.irishrugby.ie, or worse again, that mad editor on the Munster site...
Dunno Ckav...the management of that forum is brutal. Apart from the delay in posts appearing so that they could be approved by someone "responsible", especially annoying is 'Ed's' habit of adding postscripts to posts that people took the time to write.

Anyway, this forum is a breath of fresh air. Cool bannanas 8)
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

deco wrote:a breath of fresh air.
Hmmmm, Gerry Thornley uses that term a HELL OF ALOT, especially on Wednesdays Off The Ball on Newstalk 106!

Un-mask yourself Sir Thornley! :)
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

Colm wrote:
deco wrote:a breath of fresh air.
Hmmmm, Gerry Thornley uses that term a HELL OF ALOT, especially on Wednesdays Off The Ball on Newstalk 106!

Un-mask yourself Sir Thornley! :)
Good spot, Colm, especially when deco says he lives in a beer tent just like Thornley obviously does.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

deco wrote:
Ah, to be fair to Breener, he had to toe the party line. And he managed it extremely well. He didn't go down the road of the awful http://www.irishrugby.ie, or worse again, that mad editor on the Munster site...
Dunno Ckav...the management of that forum is brutal. Apart from the delay in posts appearing so that they could be approved by someone "responsible", especially annoying is 'Ed's' habit of adding postscripts to posts that people took the time to write.

Anyway, this forum is a breath of fresh air. Cool bannanas 8)
Sure, there's a delay in posts appearing, but that's because Breener has a full time job to do with regard to the team and the branch! He's not at his pc as much as he used to be. I don't mind his additions - he's a fan just like the rest of us. Naturally when he criticises me, I take umbrage at said additions. :lol:

But yep - a real time & well moderated forum is the way to go. Props to Limecat! :D
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Crash wrote: Good spot, Colm, especially when deco says he lives in a beer tent just like Thornley obviously does.
Time to smoke these journos out. Is Thornley going to be sniffing around here for juicy gossip in the same way that Cronin lurks on MF? :lol:
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Leinsterman wrote:
Crash wrote: Good spot, Colm, especially when deco says he lives in a beer tent just like Thornley obviously does.
Time to smoke these journos out. Is Thornley going to be sniffing around here for juicy gossip in the same way that Cronin lurks on MF? :lol:
Have a few mates who work as free-lance journo's and they say forums are the best places to find the hottest scoops. There's total annonymity in forums.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Colm wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Have a few mates who work as free-lance journo's and they say forums are the best places to find the hottest scoops. There's total annonymity in forums.
Hmmmm...I've had the disconcerting experience of being quoted word for word in rugby columns before, from stuff I've written on websites. Other people I know have had similar experiences. Sometimes the journalist will attribute the quote to the site, and sometimes they won't. It seems to happen with the Sunday papers.
Kinda lazy and slapdash, if you ask me.... :?
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Colm wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Handy for lazy jornos.. well known to post threads & replis under different names just to get discussion going then qoute it back in their rags..
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:
Colm wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Time to smoke these journos out. Is Thornley going to be sniffing around here for juicy gossip in the same way that Cronin lurks on MF? :lol:
Handy for lazy jornos.. well known to post threads & replis under different names just to get discussion going then qoute it back in their rags..
Reckon its good journalism. Hard core and knowledgable fans often discuss rugby on websites. If you want to keep your finger on the pulse of public opinion, that would appear to be the way to go!

PS Love the Avi Robbie..... :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Next it's time to smoke Franno out.......

Here we go ...... Blackrock are shoite!

<battens down the hatches for the inevitable backlash>