Ref for Toulouse announced

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Ref for Toulouse announced

Post by Flash Gordon »

Apparently Dave Pearson is going to be in charge, the guy who reffed the Ireland Italy game. So basically the game plan is to knock the ball on in the goal area and get a score. And of course grounding the ball is optional for tries...... :roll:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

could be worse, you could have ended up with Nigel Shitehouse
I am the one who knocks!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:could be worse, you could have ended up with Nigel Shitehouse
Yep, could be......thought he might be shipped off to learn the rules after the Italy game.....
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Surprised that he is being given such a big match after italy
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

anyone seen the photos in the Examiner that supposedly prove both tries were OK??

Haven't seen 'em meself but supposedly ball dropped backwards for first and (???) Bowe did ground the ball for second.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

no, when were they in the examiner
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Apparently Dave Pearson is going to be in charge
:cry: :cry:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

jezzer wrote:anyone seen the photos in the Examiner that supposedly prove both tries were OK??

Haven't seen 'em meself but supposedly ball dropped backwards for first and (???) Bowe did ground the ball for second.
Well OBVIOUSLY the Examiner would say Flannery's try was ok.... Munster based rag anaw.... :wink:
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Leinsterman wrote: Well OBVIOUSLY the Examiner would say Flannery's try was ok.... Munster based rag anaw.... :wink:
Exactly my point too. Notice the news story on http://www.breakingnews.ie (Run by the Irish Examiner) which is supplied to them by http://www.rugby.ie and yet they allow it to be published as
Irish Examiner/Rugby.ie wrote:"Controversial English referee Dave Pearson will take charge of Leinster's Heineken Cup quarter-final tie at Toulouse on April 1.

Pearson was the man who awarded Ireland two dubious tries in the Six Nations win over Italy."

Yet, http://www.LeinsterRugby.ie has it as ..
Leinster Rugby wrote:English official Dave Pearson will take charge of his first tournament quarter-final when he referees the clash between reigning champions Toulouse and Leinster at Le Stadium on Saturday, 1 April.
So, my point being ... how can it be a good decision (proving it by photo evidence printed in their previous editions) to give Flannery a try but when he referees a Leinster game he's "controversial"?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Colm wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Well OBVIOUSLY the Examiner would say Flannery's try was ok.... Munster based rag anaw.... :wink:
Exactly my point too. Notice the news story on http://www.breakingnews.ie (Run by the Irish Examiner) which is supplied to them by http://www.rugby.ie and yet they allow it to be published as
Irish Examiner/Rugby.ie wrote:"Controversial English referee Dave Pearson will take charge of Leinster's Heineken Cup quarter-final tie at Toulouse on April 1.

Pearson was the man who awarded Ireland two dubious tries in the Six Nations win over Italy."

Yet, http://www.LeinsterRugby.ie has it as ..
Leinster Rugby wrote:English official Dave Pearson will take charge of his first tournament quarter-final when he referees the clash between reigning champions Toulouse and Leinster at Le Stadium on Saturday, 1 April.
So, my point being ... how can it be a good decision (proving it by photo evidence printed in their previous editions) to give Flannery a try but when he referees a Leinster game he's "controversial"?

I guess the answer's "it can't".

There's just no way that Bowe's try was good. Flannery's was doubtful to say the least - I'm also not convinced the Italian score wasn't a double movement.....
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

I really feel sorry for Munster. Niger Whitehouse is the worst ref on the planet. He cost us a home q/f
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:I really feel sorry for Munster. Niger Whitehouse is the worst ref on the planet. He cost us a home q/f
Wot? Worst than Changeling :?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:I really feel sorry for Munster. Niger Whitehouse is the worst ref on the planet. He cost us a home q/f
Wot? Worst than Changeling :?
Ok changeling is worse but Dickinson and Shithouse come next

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

No its because you couldnt counter a gameplan that a child playing under 8's could have told you Bath would use. You werent good enough on the day against a very limited side.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

No its because you couldnt counter a gameplan that a child playing under 8's could have told you Bath would use.
:roll:

Eh, we countered it quite well thanks. Which is why we spent most of the match with the ball. Unfortunately Mr Whitehouse has a unique interpretation of the deliberate knock on.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
No its because you couldnt counter a gameplan that a child playing under 8's could have told you Bath would use. You werent good enough on the day against a very limited side.
What are you on about Sewa? The second Bath game we clearly had no issue with their game plan. The first game was a transition team in the first weeks of totally different forward/back play patterns. I actually thought (and accepted) that we weren't going to make the quarters this year as the transition would take a year. Despite that, we shoud have beaten Bath first time round and we kept the ball very well.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

And lets not fotget around 7 players missing

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Lads, don't overwhelm the poor guy with facts..... :roll:
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Leinsterman wrote:Lads, don't overwhelm the poor guy with facts..... :roll:
Here is a fact. You were at home against one of the worst GPsides and you lost. The final result is the only fact that matters.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Lads, don't overwhelm the poor guy with facts..... :roll:
Here is a fact. You were at home against one of the worst GPsides and you lost. The final result is the only fact that matters.
Here's another one, in all the years of European Cup rugby, there's only one team that have beaten Bath at the Rec. Leinster.

The other fact is that our team was a matter of weeks into a TOTALLY new style of play with new coaches and new personnel. Anyway, doesn't matter now, we're in the quarters and off to Toulouse with thousands of fans travelling, that exceeds my ambition at the start of the year, so its all good as far as Leinster rugby is concerned at the moment in my view.