Ospreys game

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Experimental
Knowledgeable

Ospreys game

Post by Experimental »

First of all i'd like to congratulate our boys on a good win against the Ospreys. They showed grit to keep the defense holding for the full 79 minutes, but let themselves down with a lapse in concentration at the end. You could see with the body language at the end that they were very unhappy with themselves for letting a soft try like that in after the heroic efforts they had produced. I thought Nacewa had a pretty good game at 10, and did very well with the ball that he got, so hats off to him again, no doubts now that he is an excellent signing and can only get better. I do feel tho that the descision making on whos tackling who needs to improve, and players just need to be a little more aware of whos around them. The ideas we were trying in the backline look good, and if we could just be a little more accurate the tries will come. Personally i feel that even when eating their dinners they should be passing a ball around, I think passing a ball constantly is so key in training, as drico mentioned in his interview about the wc preparations. Another area that could really do with improvement is knowing whether to offload or go to ground in the tackle. I can appreciate what the players are trying to do, but our ball retention in not good enough. Apart from the scrum I thought the forwards did well in this area, but being a bit smarter about when to go to ground would benefit us so much. One thing I noticed was players running in very fast for a tackle and missing completely, so if we could maybe not race in as hard and make that tackle even if it means the loss of a yard this will not leave someone else to make the tackle meaning there are more players available to put in the big hits/counter ruck when the player goes to ground. Its hard to pin point faults overall, I think its down to players concentration and positioning themselves correctly which is something gaffers and cheiks need to work on hard. But all in all happy with the win and felt sorry for the players that they let that try in at the end.

Keep it up guys, you are doing us proud.